Help me with some London trip ideas please gents.

3 minutes ago, FLATTOP said:

Mate I hate Christmas I cant stand the unnecessary greed the packed supermarkets the pressure to buy presents traffic everywhere and shit songs on the radio Slade it’s Christmassssss bellowing out and who in the history of the world would eat turkey unless they were forced to.

Last year I was in Sri Lanka this year I will be in Mauritius that’s why I Work me nuts off all year to have at least 2 luxury holidays a year.

You sound like a miserable fecker like me Wilf....? lol

Now that sounds more like it mate, sounds amazing.

• Haha 1

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Your not going to be amongst proper Londoners in Central London your going to be amongst people like you....tourists ? If your starting off right over in Paddington why dont you get yourself a tr

Well enjoyed our trip, it was an intensive fly by the seat of your pants job. As it was two half days and one night...we did serious miles considering I have a 6 and 8 yr old, managed lunch at a Leban

Posted Images

2 hours ago, mushroom said:

What type of shows do you like? 

Honestly, I have no idea mate - the last time I went was a panto while I was still at school.

I don't fancy one of the small scale trendy things or, anything too political. 

.......... apart from that, I'm pretty open minded - I saw a few ads a while back for the Lion King stage show, that looked pretty good :thumbs:

33 minutes ago, timmytree said:

Jonjon, why not avoid London? I gave my other half a choice of a weekend in the smoke or a few days in the sticks. We went to the Gower peninsula and stayed in a B&B close to the beach. Sea views, great breakfasts, fantastic beaches, found some great foodie pubs at sensible prices. I'm so glad she made the right choice.

I appreciate the idea mate but, that's what we usually do  - pack a bag, pick a direction and drive and, end up somewhere on the coast.

......... we do enjoy it.

I just fancy something different this time and, I think she'll enjoy it :thumbs:

12 minutes ago, Jonjon79 said:

Honestly, I have no idea mate - the last time I went was a panto while I was still at school.

I don't fancy one of the small scale trendy things or, anything too political. 

.......... apart from that, I'm pretty open minded - I saw a few ads a while back for the Lion King stage show, that looked pretty good :thumbs:

Forget panto...

Do you like opera or more of a show? Show can be cats or a Billy idol etc?

Edited to add; the lion king is pretty awesome ?

Edited by mushroom
  • Like 1
12 minutes ago, mushroom said:

Forget panto...

Definitely more for a show  - I don't think either of us would enjoy an opera much.

Old rock n roll is good. She loves the Rat Pack :hmm:

5 minutes ago, mushroom said:

Forget panto...

Took my eldest to lion king and Wicked both good shows...

Watched the commitments, that was decent too..

Spoilt for choice in London, i love a weekend up there, Bs love getting home after!! Lol...

Last time was Scott's in mayfair, brilliant seafood (are there a couple of times now, not cheap but good), comedy club in Soho on the Friday, and Baneras (amazing indian) on the Saturday, walk around the Tate gallery, and home on the train..

Over the years we've done a fair bit up there, I like shoreditch for a a few beers as well..

Last time found a cracking pub just down from paddington station, sat with the local and had a great laugh, landlord/manager was Italian and offered me tickets for a big motor event, I rang him in the week as I couldn't make it...nice touch though.. 

Mrs went back for a course and took 3 of her staff there, all went in the same pub, straight off the train had dinner and a few drinks, the chap was chuffed to see her...

Dont believe all the shit about unfriendly London...go with a view to enjoying yourself and you will...

I personally couldn't live in London, but I do love going..

Oh...had some great nights in the piano bar in Kensington, the pianist was from Plymouth ( as is my wife) we went quite a few times, he'd spot us and shout "Devon!!".... if you've not been to a piano bar they are a good night out, shout your requests and have a proper singalong... great night out...

Theres a few in London, we stumbled into one around Trafalgar area, it's in the underground passages near there...one of the London lads would know...it was late and we'd been on the piss with Sean C off of here, me and the mrs tend to make a full night of it and found the piano bar in full swing...well another couple wont hurt!!

Hope you have a good time mate...and I agree with Gnasher, pick a few things you really want to do and do it properly... you can spend more time travelling from one attraction to the next else!!

• Like 1

I bought tickets for Only Fools & Horses at the Theatre Royal but when i realised it was a musical i gave them away bollocks to that....one of the only things i ever enjoyed at the theatre was We Will Rock You but i dont think its on anymore.....im probably biased but i think East London is a better night out once you get to my/our sort of age.....the West Ends great when your young lads out on the pull with a few bob in your pocket but i love places like Shoreditch as has been mentioned theres so much variety foodwise and quirky bars then places like the Blues Bar in Curtain Rd to just relax the night away or lively pubs even as far out as Walthamstow and Leyton i still visit occassionally which are much more " London people " as such.

• Like 2
4 hours ago, WILF said:

Have to admit, that was my idea of absolute hell mate.

Let my Mrs talk me into it a good few years back, it’s for the kids and all that stuff......it was f***ing horrible !

Everything I hate about shit, false consumerist Christmas’s with people Packed in like cattle !

We got like this London bus tour thing up there as part of some organised trip thing and in the way back there was this fat annoying scouse bird (just a paying customer like us) all dressed in her Christmas outfit singing Christmas songs and shouting “come on everybody, let’s get in the mood”

I was done by then, I said “I’m in the mood alright.....in the mood to throw you out the f***ing window!” 
it was a pretty quiet journey home after that !

So to sum up.....I wouldn’t recommend it ! Lol lol 

Another quiet night up west with wilf 

9 hours ago, zx12edge said:

And make sure you got a pocket full of change lol

The Scotsman went all upmarket a few years ago the stage is still there and all that grotty old wood panelling but its all poncey craft beers now.....for beer & boobs East London is hands down the prime spot particularly around Shoreditch and Old Street.....Browns or The Horns are still great little gaffs that havent been bogged down with all societies latest rules !

Edited by gnasher16