Help me with some London trip ideas please gents.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Your not going to be amongst proper Londoners in Central London your going to be amongst people like you....tourists ? If your starting off right over in Paddington why dont you get yourself a tr

Well enjoyed our trip, it was an intensive fly by the seat of your pants job. As it was two half days and one night...we did serious miles considering I have a 6 and 8 yr old, managed lunch at a Leban

Posted Images

Just now, mushroom said:

Anybody see Manzes with another option?

@WILF @gnasher16

@anycockneys ?

Last time I had pie and mash was around two years back, had it in west London, can't remember the name but the shop wasn't even owned by a Londoner, the owner was a Cypriot, times are changing. 

• Haha 2

Manzies  and arments southside , Cooke’s  at hoxton , tell the wifey to use the chilli vinegar and pepper 3 pies 2 mash eels on top and suck the meat off the bone , maureens in poplar market square is real good don’t do eels but salt beef sarnies make up for it and you get a chance to breathe in the multi cultural love of London robins pie mash n eels is good gear   ??

Edited by green lurchers
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
8 minutes ago, baker boy said:

Is that the one on Portobello Road, I was gonna pop in there this week

Can't remember mate to be honest, it was two years back and I have bounced around a bit in that time, it's got union Jack's and stuff in, counter is on the left as you go in, owner is Greek-Cypriot ?

Only ever been in a pie mash restaurant once when i stopped at a mate of mine who lived in Islington at the time i remember it having green tiled walls after say i really enjoyed the grub followed by jellied eels though the skin full of stones beer i had in a boozer called the greyhound did not go down well and i felt a bit ropey when i went up the birdhouse to carry on drinking the same night.lol

This was one of the pie shops I used to visit when I lived in London they used to have live eels wriggling about in the shop window back in the day I doubt now though as people get offended these days by the slightest thing.

Its a very traditional place with marble tables tiled walls ect.

WWW.GKELLY.LONDON

Pie & Mash with Liquor & Jellied Eels - Made and baked in Roman Road Market for over  years.

Edited by FLATTOP
  • Like 4
3 hours ago, FLATTOP said:

This was one of the pie shops I used to visit when I lived in London they used to have live eels wriggling about in the shop window back in the day I doubt now though as people get offended these days by the slightest thing.

Its a very traditional place with marble tables tiled walls ect.

WWW.GKELLY.LONDON

Pie & Mash with Liquor & Jellied Eels - Made and baked in Roman Road Market for over  years.

Them two either end of Roman road wer legends used to get on tube from Aldgate to bow rd in me dinner break the one the other end of market was good for a bit of clothing out of whistles for the weekend  then landed a job at barking rd and Nathan’s were a two min walk ?

Edited by green lurchers
  • Like 1
27 minutes ago, green lurchers said:

Them two either end of Roman road wer legends used to get on tube from Aldgate to bow rd in me dinner break the one the other end of market was good for a bit of clothing out of whistles for the weekend  then landed a job at barking rd and Nathan’s were a two min walk ?

They were both fantastic pie shops the one at the old club row market end was a great shop but I always favoured the one at the Roman road end, as you say the market was really good I had a few mates live that end and we used to go in a pub and watch comedians and what not good days, and your right Nathan’s was a good un as well.

Just too add the Pie & Mash on Canvey is supplied by Maureen’s at Crisp Street Poplar it’s not too bad you probably know that anyway I’d bet money you’ve been there ?