Coursing dogs for all round lurcher work

16 minutes ago, sandymere said:

Some of the descriptive terms used are thought provoking, I've always been a little puzzled re those who suggest their dogs "DO Teeth!" makes me wonder if said canine has a small dental practice as a side line?.

Or when people blank there faces out on Facebook. Holding a blooded dog and Charlie. One click on to there profile you can see there face ??

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

a decent dog man should not make nothing crack imo no its limits, everything has them.

i don't normally do this but just for the crack 2 runs 2 rabbits and home.

don't doubt you have seen a decent dog or two, I have and do own dogs that can only be described as top draw, don't meen you have to push them to breaking point though, just idiotic imho

Posted Images

2 hours ago, sandymere said:

Some of the descriptive terms used are thought provoking, I've always been a little puzzled re those who suggest their dogs "DO Teeth!" makes me wonder if said canine has a small dental practice as a side line?.

These 'modern terms' people use these days leave me perplexed and amused at the same time ? ?

1 hour ago, Gypsydog94 said:

Or when people blank there faces out on Facebook. Holding a blooded dog and Charlie. One click on to there profile you can see there face ??

The 'modern fieldsports enthusiasts' are definitely not as intelligent as some of the more 'mature, oldschool fieldsports enthusiasts' ? ?

• Like 1
2 hours ago, shaaark said:

These 'modern terms' people use these days leave me perplexed and amused at the same time ? ?

The 'modern fieldsports enthusiasts' are definitely not as intelligent as some of the more 'mature, oldschool fieldsports enthusiasts' ? ?

Am a young lad I don’t entertain face book and all that shite and I walk the land be me self it works for me. Old ways the best ways ??

• Like 5
4 hours ago, BobDown said:

Am a young lad I don’t entertain face book and all that shite and I walk the land be me self it works for me. Old ways the best ways ??

U cant really comment on ote 2 do wi lurcher work unless your at least 80 some o the lads on here have bin in the game twice that long and are still going strong ? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
3 hours ago, Black neck said:

U cant really comment on ote 2 do wi lurcher work unless your at least 80 some o the lads on here have bin in the game twice that long and are still going strong ? 

Biggest bullshitters I’ve met been 50+ but because they produce a couple of old photos and say they been in the game X amount of time people believe them ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
7 minutes ago, Shadow100 said:

Biggest bullshitters I’ve met been 50+ but because they produce a couple of old photos and say they been in the game X amount of time people believe them ?

Well it said eighty on that post but got swapped for that silly emoji for some reason obviously not many folk are twice that age but then again 1 member of this forum is over three hundred 

15 minutes ago, Black neck said:

Well it said eighty on that post but got swapped for that silly emoji for some reason obviously not many folk are twice that age but then again 1 member of this forum is over three hundred 

There’s a few must be round that age

Edited by Shadow100
1 hour ago, Black neck said:

That's not 300 years its 300 usernames......... 

• Haha 1
On ‎02‎/‎08‎/‎2020 at 20:12, poxon said:

Depends don’t it Morton ?greyhounds an deerhounds x we’re all originally bred as courseing dogs an got put in to base bloods to produce handy Pot filling Lurchers why wouldn’t the same happen if a saluki greyhound got added to base bloods or Lurchers that needed turboing up a bit surly it’s the same sort of thing for the folks that like a bit of saluki blood plus salukix are still worked for that job today while you wouldn’t find that many deerhoundxs or greyhounds doing it but handy Lurchers are still bred from the latter sight hounds?

I don,t believe Greyhounds and Deerhounds owned an early hunting history as sight hounds,they were bred in an era when far more was expected of the hairy mongrels that became the more modern smooth coated and less useful hunting greyhound,the more affluent changed the history of the greyhound to suit their gambling habits.The Deerhound,as was,better represented itself as an accomplished hunter,its nose was as useful as its keen eye and modernish deerhoundy hybrids may have lost their nose yet regain the eye factor,ive to see yet a lurcher that is as keen sighted as the deerhoundy mongrels.Ill admit that the Saluki influence is far more important than my flippancy about them may warrant,its a flippancy I wander to,at times,to cause a little mischief and discussion.Far more shite is bred that is Deerhound influenced,that dismays me more than anything else,the saluki shite is far more costly and attracts a certain type that is more interested in the monetary value of a working mans hunting companion.

• Like 3
15 minutes ago, morton said:

I don,t believe Greyhounds and Deerhounds owned an early hunting history as sight hounds,they were bred in an era when far more was expected of the hairy mongrels that became the more modern smooth coated and less useful hunting greyhound,the more affluent changed the history of the greyhound to suit their gambling habits.The Deerhound,as was,better represented itself as an accomplished hunter,its nose was as useful as its keen eye and modernish deerhoundy hybrids may have lost their nose yet regain the eye factor,ive to see yet a lurcher that is as keen sighted as the deerhoundy mongrels.Ill admit that the Saluki influence is far more important than my flippancy about them may warrant,its a flippancy I wander to,at times,to cause a little mischief and discussion.Far more shite is bred that is Deerhound influenced,that dismays me more than anything else,the saluki shite is far more costly and attracts a certain type that is more interested in the monetary value of a working mans hunting companion.

Eloquent that were