Bedlington x Greyhound

• Replies 912
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Personally, I prefer to see things, with my own eyes,...and then, come to a conclusion...I believe it is always the fairest way..?.

Good sensible comments lads... I know for a fact, that certain coursing Studs can command a high price for their services, and any resulting pups will not be sold cheap. Obviously, when a br

Aggression is often confused with gameness imo. I've seen plenty of gassy aggressive dogs' arse fall out when things get real.  

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, Black neck said:

Yeah I dont really own a thermal imager just wanted 2 sound cool I have got got lithium batteries tho ?

Lithium battery’s are a game changer I remember wet cell 24amp batteries I feel sorry for the car battery boys those poor feckers had it hard 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
1 hour ago, poxon said:

Lithium battery’s are a game changer I remember wet cell 24amp batteries I feel sorry for the car battery boys those poor feckers had it hard 

remember yrs ago a few of us drove from Wales down around Glastonbury way for a nights lamping....pulls up and says who got the battery ??? turned out we had 3 lamps but no battery?few too many spliffs lol...ended up taking the spare battery off the  hilux and taking it in turns to carry it?never again.....wasn't fun my turn legging  it across a field in the dark while being hunted down by about 50 cows with calfs....my f***ing mates left me the cnuts and were rolling around pissing themselves ....while I was surrounded and using a piece of BT rope swinging wildly fighting them off....proper shit my pants tbf....and to top it off.....2 weeks later .. a fine through the post for not paying when we left the truck in the services?cheeky cnuts wanted 120 notes?

lithium is more than a game changer.....could be the difference between getting trampled  into the dirt ......or saving your life ?

• Haha 5
On 26/09/2019 at 14:22, shaaark said:

You got a beddy/grey or beddy/whippet mort?

Ive had a few Beddy/whippets a Beddy/grey and others with heinz in the mix.As edible fur and feather dogs they gave me some true lurcher experiences,ferreting,lamping,general mooching about,retrieving off water and out of pheasant woods and the bigger types i owned managed a few decent hares,the smaller ones had a knack of lifting hares they put out of their seats and were snaffled up before they got into their stride.I never owned one that was comfortable with fox,ive seen a Beddy/Grey that did far better than mine,yet it was far more important for me, at the time, to hunt far more edible quarry and i never rated a lurcher that could knack a fox yet struggle at proper lurcher work.I went another route in my lurcher owning cycle and and wanted a proficient edible dog that was a better Coursing hound and worked better with the terriers when a fox was pursued.Im of the opinion now i lost more than i gained when i changed hunting direction.

• Like 6
On 10/09/2019 at 12:28, Shortstraw said:

Don’t seem to see many 1st cross bedlington greyhounds these days....... I remember Gary Hoskers spud.....not sure if it was pure bed x grey and was fence hoppers a 1st cross......looked like a big bedlington.

Fence hopper had a decent  first cross, think it was about 24 "... I went over to his to line my beddy whip years ago but she didn't take  

1 hour ago, Dinosaurs said:

Not as hard as our wax jckts had it ??. Atb

Wax jackets what are they lol were on to light weight neoprene tactical jackets now ??Feel sorry for the Dunlop wellies boys as well bet there fecking toes were fecked when the weather started getting low in temps my lamping career started in wellies......never again 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, poxon said:

Wax jackets what are they lol were on to light weight neoprene tactical jackets now ??Feel sorry for the Dunlop wellies boys as well bet there fecking toes were fecked when the weather started getting low in temps my lamping career started in wellies......never again 

Its all come on a long way in last 35 years bud ??. Atb

• Like 1
4 hours ago, poxon said:

My lamping career started with wax jackets,ex post office canvas mailbags and 12volt acid car batteries,a few years later we had the luxury of second hand motorbike batteries from a mate at Colin Appleyards at a fiver a time,we hauled 2 of them each to get a decent stint in,in the Dales.I still own the scars on my calfs from acid leakage and went through a few jackets a season with acid rot.

• Like 5