Sign in to follow this  
optimusslime

Kibble

9 hours ago, trigger2 said:

I am currently feeding wynstay home brand meaty mix dog food to mine. Now I’ve started to put some decent shifts in they will get fed dry along with a combination of table scraps and raw meat. I’ve fed some expensive dry foods  over the years, but imo they need a good intake of meat into there diet, on real hard nights out I’ve found my dogs tend to carry a little more stamina on a mixed meat and kibble diet than kibble alone. I’ve never fed just meat to see if that makes any difference to stamina levels as I believe there are things in kibble that meat alone doesn’t provide to keep a reasonably balanced diet.

I ve been feeding csj from wynstay for a year now . All the dogs do really well on it. They do a 20% protein called that ll do £13 a bag or tripe mix which is £22 . 

• Like 1

I always stick to the addage that a good dog should be able to feed itself (by that I mean a share of the catch)sad to say my last 5 lurchers have all starved to death.Probably to much whippet in the breeding.

• Haha 3

Fed just about every good greyhound kibble on the market but was forced to buy a bag of Lidl's complete one time and was gobsmacked how well they looked off it and how it came out the other end..!

I feed mostly chicken carcasses but as Phil said, a little bit of everything too.

8 minutes ago, Bosun11 said:

Fed just about every good greyhound kibble on the market but was forced to buy a bag of Lidl's complete one time and was gobsmacked how well they looked off it and how it came out the other end..!

I feed mostly chicken carcasses but as Phil said, a little bit of everything too.

I've been using it for the last 6 months myself......it's good stuff👍

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Daniel cain said:

I've been using it for the last 6 months myself......it's good stuff👍

Couple of years now for me mate and the dogs look as well as they have ever done on anything else. 👍

1 hour ago, Bosun11 said:

I’ve tried that complete from Lidl aswell over the summer a few years ago and also couldn’t believe how well they looked off it, kept good shine on the coat and had small firm poo 💩 think it was only about £7 a bag

• Like 1

1 hour ago, joe ox said:

Kibble ….. soaked or dry? I have done it both ways I always soak it these days.

Yep, soaked for me too Joe. Have fed both ways but would rather have a dog hydrated all the time. I dont like a dog drinking gallons to digest its food.

2 hours ago, ginger beard said:

Autarky salmon and r.a.w.

They scoff anything back anytime.

They love tripe and sheep heads.

20180417_175332.jpg

The resemblance to the bloke what knocks about over the offy is uncanny 

19 hours ago, Bosun11 said:

Couple of years now for me mate and the dogs look as well as they have ever done on anything else. 👍

Is it the only complete Lidl do or they have a couple of sub brands like Aldi’s earl? I’m a tight arse lol..joking got an old bitch at my dads who’s like Benjamin button she’s going to live forever. 

2 hours ago, gaza said:

Is it the only complete Lidl do or they have a couple of sub brands like Aldi’s earl? I’m a tight arse lol..joking got an old bitch at my dads who’s like Benjamin button she’s going to live forever. 

I think its the only complete they do (i've only ever shopped in the Lidl closest to home!)

22 hours ago, thefensarefarbutistillgo said:

I’ve tried that complete from Lidl aswell over the summer a few years ago and also couldn’t believe how well they looked off it, kept good shine on the coat and had small firm poo 💩 think it was only about £7 a bag

what size bag ?