Anybody losing their love for the game?

9 minutes ago, Saltmoon said:

I've asked in loads of farms for permission and  the very few that said yes are loaded with shooters with night vision on and all that so not much about but there are a fair few places I go well out the way and I get by fine also public land I go alot never had any problems on any public land 

I find only problem with public land is the do gooders if you can avoid them its ok

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

whats different about it there's still hares and running dogs a few seasons ago I had nothing but bad luck at the time id 9 couple of foxhounds I losted a bitch in pup and two very good hounds du

I love the mouching game,...alongside my Wife,..it is my life...?

No the ban will never be over turned but it doesn't have to stop you doing something you have always done just don't get caught 

Posted Images

25 minutes ago, fred90 said:

I find only problem with public land is the do gooders if you can avoid them its ok

Yeah never had that as of yet and also keep a normal dog lead in my pocket so just swap on to that if anyone comes and I'll play just walking my dog he's nasty so have to walk him at strange hours to make sure I don't see any other dogs else he'll get them. When really he's a massive girl not got a nasty bone in him from what I've seen 

• Like 1
On 25/07/2019 at 20:40, Jobi said:

Since the banning of Hare coursing my love for the Lurcher game as been slowly waning. Talk of good rabbiting dogs don't really do it for me if I'm being honest. Does anyone think the ban will ever get overturned? 

I love it as much as I did at 10/11 year-old runs in your veins can’t lose love for it, it’s a way of life!?? 

• Like 2

I have found as you grow older your expectations lessen and you appreciate more the graft a dog does and you prefer less hassle and speaking to a few lads that are getting older it's the same they don't have what they had 20 years ago but are still happy just plodding along just enjoy what you have 

• Like 4
20 minutes ago, Blackmag said:

I have found as you grow older your expectations lessen and you appreciate more the graft a dog does and you prefer less hassle and speaking to a few lads that are getting older it's the same they don't have what they had 20 years ago but are still happy just plodding along just enjoy what you have 

you have got that bang on mate. you enjoy it but it's not the be all and end all like it was when you were younger. you seem to have more time and more patience age beats everything wether it's man or beast. 

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, fred90 said:

you have got that bang on mate. you enjoy it but it's not the be all and end all like it was when you were younger. you seem to have more time and more patience age beats everything wether it's man or beast. 

Could of put it better myself fred nail on the head 

1 hour ago, Blackmag said:

spot on mate, lets face it what we taking about here since the ban, his landowners dont want people with running type dogs on there land after game, so permission  or not, they dont want the cops on there back, thats just them, now dog owners( running dogs) your going solo now day or night. the lads that still want to get a couple hares in the day, fair play to you  you know there strong chance you might get copped, but you take the chance. now my main game  been lamping  for 30 odd years , idid have permission  on 100 acres , but that was it, i did still stray a bit , as you carnt keep laming same ground  year after year, you got to find new quarry. so you poach , i did then in the 80s and still have done now.. But the big difference is my age 66, your to old to run or fight , ok you your still fit and strong well i am for my age, but not like when i was 36 lol, know  as you get older the fire still strong in you but your brain says, your running days are over being deaf and fooked back knee never helped lol, and who really want fookin agro  when your old man ?? i feel sorry  for young people wanting work a lurcher or coursing dog or terrier , its over ok you try to get round it as best as you can, the Ban finished it, and it never coming back ,even Boris  carnt get it back !!

• Like 6
On 28/07/2019 at 00:20, bird said:

spot on mate, lets face it what we taking about here since the ban, his landowners dont want people with running type dogs on there land after game, so permission  or not, they dont want the cops on there back, thats just them, now dog owners( running dogs) your going solo now day or night. the lads that still want to get a couple hares in the day, fair play to you  you know there strong chance you might get copped, but you take the chance. now my main game  been lamping  for 30 odd years , idid have permission  on 100 acres , but that was it, i did still stray a bit , as you carnt keep laming same ground  year after year, you got to find new quarry. so you poach , i did then in the 80s and still have done now.. But the big difference is my age 66, your to old to run or fight , ok you your still fit and strong well i am for my age, but not like when i was 36 lol, know  as you get older the fire still strong in you but your brain says, your running days are over being deaf and fooked back knee never helped lol, and who really want fookin agro  when your old man ?? i feel sorry  for young people wanting work a lurcher or coursing dog or terrier , its over ok you try to get round it as best as you can, the Ban finished it, and it never coming back ,even Boris  carnt get it back !!

?

Edited by shaaark

What looses my love for the game is all the tools that are involved in it plus the bad press we get that follows on from that but otherwise am that still very keen just mainly do my own thing as always..

• Like 1
On 26/07/2019 at 23:18, milliken said:

whats different about it there's still hares and running dogs

a few seasons ago I had nothing but bad luck at the time id 9 couple of foxhounds I losted a bitch in pup and two very good hounds due to kennel fights then I lost one hound and got 3 shot when a fox took them for miles and on to ground we had no permission then we losted are kennels this was one season from hell It broke me I lost heart and for awhile I done nothing but got back into mma and weights but if its in you it never leaves that desire to be out on the hills in pissing rain and snow walking mile after mile and watching the hound work I can't wait for the season to start 5 weeks to go and I'm not counting but exercise starts in earnest now

WP_20190602_19_30_46_Pro.jpg

That’s absolutely correct, even though you come in and out of the game, even just going for a walk your still looking for signs along the hedgerows for activity, kick outs, even though I have no dogs at the min myself when I see rabbits in the field I just think of a dog in chase or coming down with the lamp and calling foxes. I don’t shoot any more either but when I see pigeons flighting onto fields I think how much id love to be in a hide with the decoys and magnet n flapper. I think it goes a lot deeper than we know or understand, yet the lefty’s are trying to make it a criminal offence for going with a hard wired instinct within us, but think it’s ok to be a poof, the world is up the left at the min but it’s great to get out and feel normal with the dogs or guns and just have a great day hunting, shooting or fishing.

• Like 4
4 hours ago, forest of dean redneck said:

Tbh I was thinking about this other day , even if I had place where I could keep a running dog outside I don’t think I would  bother .with working full time   A gun doesn’t need feeding walking or it’s shit picked up .

Not difficult keeping dogs and working full time... I don’t think so anyway ??

• Like 3