Specimen perch

• 1 month later...

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Here is one I had last night. I've been trying to get a 2lb perch for about 3 years now. Waters are few and far between here in Wales. I was shared a place by someone I know who told me to keep the se

Who’s had any nice stripies I’ll start 

A few from the SW

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
On 18/06/2022 at 15:01, Robbusher said:

I’d catch these all day long if I could while waiting for rod to slam round with a barbel

Been looking at Leeds daa but can't find any rules. Can you night fish? Most of my fishing is at night to suit family life.

Cheers

Ry

5 hours ago, ryaldinhio said:

Been looking at Leeds daa but can't find any rules. Can you night fish? Most of my fishing is at night to suit family life.

Cheers

Ry

No night fishing on any Leeds water but can fish till 11/12 at night they allowed it on couple of lakes but caught couple people who looked of the Eastern European persuasion ?taking fish to eat I’ve stayed on couple rivers till after midnight and never had any trouble but know almost all of bailiffs so nothing would be said 

• Like 1
10 hours ago, Robbusher said:

No night fishing on any Leeds water but can fish till 11/12 at night they allowed it on couple of lakes but caught couple people who looked of the Eastern European persuasion ?taking fish to eat I’ve stayed on couple rivers till after midnight and never had any trouble but know almost all of bailiffs so nothing would be said 

I've fished at Boston spar over night. Theres a fella who owns a stretch of water at the big old house at the end of Boston spar. Said to me long as you keep the area tidy an no mess every things fine. I had Leeds bailiffs turn up once an told me you cant fish this bit on leeds book. Told them a fella at this house said its fine. You could see they were pissed off but couldn't do owt rob. A don't know how it works with the rights owning the houses an the bit of river. But a was happy to fish that stretch because it wasn't on the Leeds book lol think it was Bradford waters..

Edited by Bangersanmash

A few places own the rights if it’s there land my dad’s mates cottage is on Ouse just below York his garden goes right to river bank not much there really of any size but he’s retired and loves to trot a float through his stretch plus people either side let him fish there bits as well so he probably got about 400 yards of river to himself  I’m taking my mate to ullerskelf tomorrow afternoon for a few hours session after barbel he just got his Leeds book and came on his first match today he got 4lb 7 of chublets and perch I got fourth with 8 lb 12 of just perch couple over a pound but  not specimens so no pictures. I’m gonna take him to one of 3 pegs where the barbel are resistants and won’t move unless river is way up (at least a meter in to get them moving about so should be certain to get a couple for him 

• Like 1
On 26/06/2022 at 21:09, Robbusher said:

A few places own the rights if it’s there land my dad’s mates cottage is on Ouse just below York his garden goes right to river bank not much there really of any size but he’s retired and loves to trot a float through his stretch plus people either side let him fish there bits as well so he probably got about 400 yards of river to himself  I’m taking my mate to ullerskelf tomorrow afternoon for a few hours session after barbel he just got his Leeds book and came on his first match today he got 4lb 7 of chublets and perch I got fourth with 8 lb 12 of just perch couple over a pound but  not specimens so no pictures. I’m gonna take him to one of 3 pegs where the barbel are resistants and won’t move unless river is way up (at least a meter in to get them moving about so should be certain to get a couple for him 

A like fishing Kelham Hall on trent some decent barbel on that stretch of river had some nice fish from second peg on right of the bridge 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Bangersanmash said:

A like fishing Kelham Hall on trent some decent barbel on that stretch of river had some nice fish from second peg on right of the bridge 

What's happened with fishing there pal? Is it back open? I know Kelham shut back end of last season.