I’m jealous. There aren’t many spots round my way that hold decent stripeys. I’m hoping to get myself a specimen this year. Do you find livebaits work best or what?

I had a nice 2.5lb perch on the prawn fishing for salmon at pontoon bridge. I was raging as it was not a salmon and chucked it back before it dawned on me what I’d caught, no pics ffs

big lob worms were the bait today biggest one I’ve ever had took a six inch roach livebait while after pike old man said it had to a 4pounder he’s fished 40/50 years now and not seen one as big  had plenty 3 &2 pounders we went after barbel today loads on stretch where we went today I’ve tried prawn before never had owt hopeing to nail couple eels on prawn in old quarry pond I fish 🎣 

• Like 1

I do enjoy perch fishing, as a kid used to have our own wormery in the garden, lift a few layers of Hessian sack and 100s of brandings hanging down...used to fish a waggler on the Thames. 

• Like 1

Cracking fish, unheard of when I was a kid , 2 lb was a great fish I'd be chuffed with one now as well lol. 

I've never had 1 over 3lb🙁but got a few trips booked up this winter for chalk stream pike on few beats of my  mates...there's some massive perch and roach there so I might drown some maggots for them🤞

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Robbusher said:

Couple more over a pound while fishing worm while trying for tench in local pond

80C62E59-DB49-4C7D-98F7-FA7909839E7F.jpeg

2123786F-91F8-4875-BD51-6B596ECEF773.jpeg

Nice fish, looking at the rubbish in that lake, that could easily be a place I call to now and then in Scarbrough 

44 minutes ago, delswal said:

Nice fish, looking at the rubbish in that lake, that could easily be a place I call to now and then in Scarbrough 

Know any handy spots I can take kids when we at Filey mate?

1 hour ago, delswal said:

It’s In Leeds it’s local kids that come up  just seem to  throw everything they can into it and scruffy twats that come fishing and leave there rubbish had dog tangled up in discarded line more than once 

45 minutes ago, Robbusher said:

It’s In Leeds it’s local kids that come up  just seem to  throw everything they can into it and scruffy twats that come fishing and leave there rubbish had dog tangled up in discarded line more than once 

Nice fish! I recognise where you are and used to night fish there years ago. Good luck with your quest for a big stripey. 

• Like 1

On 12/09/2019 at 13:25, W. Katchum said:

Know any handy spots I can take kids when we at Filey mate?

there's a couple of places around here,,depends what ya looking for pal ............message me 

Now you guys. Sorry to piss on your chips. Anyone on here who knows Stoney Cove dive centre in Leicestershire knows full well that that, not only are there record perch but also some huge pike. Because there is no fishing allowed, these things have gone to huge sizes. I've dived there for years and met these guys full on and believe me , they are big. Bet the British record is in there. Jok.