Sign in to follow this  
Robbusher

Specimen perch

Just now, peterhunter86 said:

I've thought about it, but I don't have perm on the place, no one bothers me when I'm on it, so I don't want to rock the boat, 

4.30 am on a summer day off by 6.30 nobody knows any different, 

1 minute ago, Lenmcharristar said:

4.30 am on a summer day off by 6.30 nobody knows any different, 

Good thinking batman, I was thinking of getting a small rod to have a few cast I've never seen perch this big

1 minute ago, Lenmcharristar said:

Size 1 mepps, or a very small plug or a big juicy worm and you’ll have 1 out with any luck 👍🎣🎣

Il give it a bash one of the days during the summer, cheers for the advise pal

Just now, peterhunter86 said:

Il give it a bash one of the days during the summer, cheers for the advise pal

Keep us posted on it Pete, might join ya some morning too 🎣🎣🎣🎣🎣🎣🎣

Here is one I had last night. I've been trying to get a 2lb perch for about 3 years now. Waters are few and far between here in Wales. I was shared a place by someone I know who told me to keep the secret which I will, he showed me photos of plenty of 2lb fish he's had and one weighing bang on 3lb. I went there yesterday for the first time and landed this 3lb 11oz monster!!! I'm still buzzing from it, and I absolutely smashed my aim of a 2lb fish. Caught on worm using the drop shot method. Had another 5 perch all under 1lb. I fished from 9pm til 11pm so that answers any questions regarding of perch feed on the night lol. 

IMG-20200110-WA0001.jpg

IMG-20200111-WA0000.jpg

IMG-20200111-WA0001.jpg

• Like 16

It is a well known fact that diver's goggles make fish look far bigger than they actually are.

8 minutes ago, darrren said:

Here is one I had last night. I've been trying to get a 2lb perch for about 3 years now. Waters are few and far between here in Wales. I was shared a place by someone I know who told me to keep the secret which I will, he showed me photos of plenty of 2lb fish he's had and one weighing bang on 3lb. I went there yesterday for the first time and landed this 3lb 11oz monster!!! I'm still buzzing from it, and I absolutely smashed my aim of a 2lb fish. Caught on worm using the drop shot method. Had another 5 perch all under 1lb. I fished from 9pm til 11pm so that answers any questions regarding of perch feed on the night lol. 

IMG-20200110-WA0001.jpg

IMG-20200111-WA0000.jpg

IMG-20200111-WA0001.jpg

Christ mate thats a belter, well done.

Cheers Arry

• Thanks 1

Thanks arry still can't believe it. Will probably never beat that but I will have fun trying at a location I now know holds good big perch in numbers. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, darrren said:

Thanks arry still can't believe it. Will probably never beat that but I will have fun trying at a location I now know holds good big perch in numbers. 

Fish lake Victoria in Africa they have them over 100lb just a different species hahah 

6 minutes ago, Lenmcharristar said:

Fish lake Victoria in Africa they have them over 100lb just a different species hahah 

I seen a fishing program years ago, their massive in size, monsters 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Lenmcharristar said:

It is the same with barbel. There are some in Turkey and the Middle-East that run to over 200lb. Imagine the bite you would get from one of those 😮

Mind you, the way things are going with non-endemic species it is only a matter of time before some half-wit introduces Nile Perch or Mangar to English rivers.

• Haha 1

Put afew hours in on local canals with the lure rod recently had nothing to shout about but fun trying , they seem shoaled up under barges at the moment , maybe I should be looking to fish rivers for a decent specimen ? Darrens set the bench mark now lol 3.11 oz some fish  well done 🏆