Specimen perch

• 4 months later...

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Here is one I had last night. I've been trying to get a 2lb perch for about 3 years now. Waters are few and far between here in Wales. I was shared a place by someone I know who told me to keep the se

Who’s had any nice stripies I’ll start 

A few from the SW

Posted Images

On 15/05/2020 at 22:45, Hullman said:

Had many many 3lb and 5/6 over 4lb on the river hull at hempholme fishing under the swing bridge on live roach. I'll have a look in the photo album tomoz and did out some pics

Some nice perch in the river hull used to get some belters out of Holderness Drain but that was many moons ago atb longers01 

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The marina I,m in has been crystal clear during the cold weather and the shoals of roach and Rudd under the boats is quite impressive, but hiding in the silt you can see the striped backs laying half buried on the bottom, tried tripping lures across them no movement at all so an evening on the prawns might be on the cards, still lots of sorting out to do so only grabbing the odd hour here and there at the moment, but once I,m properly ensconced I,ll be giving it a proper go, heard of a 36lb pike caught just outside the marina recently and a few 20s, lots of people fishing at the moment due to furlough ??

Seeing a lot of people drop shooting around the place at the moment I often find when the predators get hammered they tend to become nocturnal as most people fish first light till tea time in winter so the first hour of dark works good for me in the past, the predators get a bit of a walloping outside the marina as they have pike perch and zander to go at, then throw in a couple of tv programs made and some poorly kept secret massive fish it’s a bit of a free for all at the moment, up to ten predator anglers in a 100 yard stretch ?

19 minutes ago, C.green said:

Anyone drop shot for the perch ? 

Have bought a few bits and peace’s to give it a go but not got round to it just yet still moving stuff about and trying to find homes for it all so half my gear hasn’t even been unpacked yet, seems a really good technique for fishing round structure ??