lYME DISEASE

11 minutes ago, Greyman said:

I,m quite a big fan of gators though not so much in the summer, have thought about wearing them all year as your ankles are most likely point of attack when walking in long grass but as I said before I,m still not fully sold on the risks involved, it was never mentioned until they developed an immunisation drug, so can you throw some scientific light on the real risks of catching it another thing I never do and have never done is an annual booster jab for dogs as I think that’s also just a cash cow after all I don’t get my kid boostered  every year and I,ve never lost a dog to any of the diseases they get inoculated for as pups so I,m still leaning toward scaremongering to extract more money from people who just listen without questioning ??

I've never looked into it mate. If I'm honest I'm not so bothered about Lyme disease as I am just about having a blood sucking parasite on me. I've found them in disturbing places! :bad:

I fear gaitors for me wouldn't do much as it's not the grass where I pick them up, it's the woodland and heavier cover. Maybe I should give them a spin.

Re dogs, like you I don't booster dogs but I believe the science on that supports less frequent boosting at most, once every three years iirc. The science behind puppy jabs is beyond debate, it's conclusive and should be done. As you do. :thumbs:

• Like 1

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

JESUS..... I cant now unsee that image.....

Just took the fecker of the ear of one of my ferrets. Although I've had the o'tom gismo's for a while I ofter just use tweezers, but got to say gets them out alive head and all. Gave the fecker a bath

Dont suppose you fancy removing this one do you Arry, ?

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, Our team said:

Only booster dogs if they on rats every Yr. Otherwise your wasting your money.  That initial inoculation is strong enough for like  our own jabs last us a life time..  But if your dogs on rats. Or maybe even foxes its wise to booster the immune system.. 

Why the lepto vaccine only lasts about 3 months .. 

I have rats in my yard and the terriers kill them all there lives still never had any problems can someone with some expertise explain how an inoculation can only last for three months as my understanding of all inoculations is they give you a small dose of the infection to trigger your own immune system into becoming resistant ?? am not calling anyone a liar just curious how this works ????

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Our team said:

Can you all see now why I leave the wild alone    no problem bought home.. Plus good yeild in winter.  Happy days... 

At least we have an intellectual,s view on the situation, ???

• Haha 1
8 hours ago, Our team said:

Can you all see now why I leave the wild alone    no problem bought home.. Plus good yeild in winter.  Happy days... 

Why don't you say all this in one quote ffs lol

When it was legal I took deer with dogs very regulalry 

I often came back covered in the fecking things not knowing a thing about lyme

i know someone who has it 

John Lurie actor and musician has had it for over a decade

it literally ruined his life

he seems to be doing a lot better now

i think the forestry commission etc not culling deer so readily plays apart in its increase

same thing in the states

massive deer population increase

more deer with less health

more ticks

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Our team said:

Cool but does it work.  Can you spray on dog. ? if it's good for 40 washes. Might be good for 40 walks...   I'm having some it will last my dog a life time one spray.. 

https://www.cabelas.com/product/Sawyer-reg-Duranon-Permethrin-Insect-Repellent/714807.uts#!

read the reviews on the spray

2 minutes ago, Our team said:

Not botherd.dont go out this time of Yr. 

?

the ticks are really bad here

you will see moose with huge bald patches from were they have been trying rub the buggers off them. Sometimes you will see just a mooses head in a swamp while they try abd drown them off .

i shot a wild boar once, rolled it over and nearly threw up. Its whole belly was infested with ticks. We left it for yote bait and only the flies ate it.

i hate ticks

hate them with a passion 

My vet is part of a world wide working group studying inoculations in dogs and his advice to me is they don’t need inoculating until 15 weeks old ... they don’t need boosters except for the lepto jab as the virus can mutate and it generally takes two years. So that’s what I do with mine .......

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

You guys are seriously missing a trick here, I've been hunting ticks for years now and class it as one of my favourite fieldsports. I stand in long grass in my deerskin leggings and pick them off with a .177 Webley tempest. Lately I've been trying decoys ticks that I construct out of knob pins with legs attached along the lines of fishing flies and my best bag using decoys is forty seven shot over standing rape. When funds allow I'm going to invest in an aimpoint or similar sight as I've always wanted to try my hand at running tick....

• Thanks 1

As some of you know,I shoot goats a bit,and over the years EVERY SINGLE GOAT IVE SHOT WERE COVERED IN TICKS,and I've dragged them back for hours at times,and carried them in my car,and I've never once had one attached to me,and I've found 2 on the one dog in all that time,and I've looked carefully believe me.....the things creep me out,... hopefully it stays that way

• Like 2