Sunderland lamper jailed.

I actually know his old man :ninja:

Sunderland man jailed after making shocking videos of his dog killing wild foxes

A poacher from Wearside who made shocking videos of his whippet brutally killing wild foxes has been jailed and banned from animals.

Sunderland man Arron Crighton, 21, admitted offences under the 2001 Animal Welfare Act and 2004 Hunting Act after using his dog Jet to attack and kill foxes.

He then posted graphic photographs and videos showing the severe injuries sustained by both his own dog – who he failed to provide veterinary attention for – and the foxes on social media.Officers have deemed the videos too horrific to be made public.

Last month, Crighton pleaded guilty to causing unnecessary suffering to an animal and hunting a wild mammal with a dog.

He has now been sentenced to 18 weeks in prison after reappearing at South Tyneside Magistrates’ Court.

Pc Peter Baker, of Northumbria Police, said: “The photographs and videos that Arron Crighton made were incredibly distressing and graphic.

“It is clear that he not only showed a total disregard for the welfare of these animals, but took satisfaction from filming this barbaric and criminal activity.

“Crighton cannot be trusted to own a dog and make sure it is adequately protected from suffering, injury or disease.

"As a result, Jet has now been re-homed.

“This conviction was made possible after a member of the public who saw these disturbing videos online came forward and contacted police.

"I would ask anyone who sees poaching offences and cruelty of this type to also get in touch.

“I hope this case acts as a reminder to any pet owner that those who fail to ensure their animal’s welfare is met could face criminal action.

Police were alerted to a number of videos filmed and posted by Crighton, which included footage of a dog fighting with a fox and a person appearing to hold the fox down with their foot.

A second video showed two dogs with their jaws locked around the fox’s neck and body, while a picture was also taken showing Crighton and others holding a dog which had a bloodied fox in its mouth.

After being made aware of the posts, police executed a warrant at an address in Kismet Street, Southwick, in February this year and seized a mobile phone belonging to Crighton.

Investigators discovered hundreds of shocking photos and videos showing the attacks and subsequent injuries of the animals saved on the phone.

Asked why he had initiated the illegal activity in interview, Crighton responded “for sport”.

He also claimed that if one dog was injured by the fox, he would “put another dog on”.

Crighton, of Kismet Street, Sunderland, admitted causing unnecessary suffering to an animal and hunting a wild mammal with a dog.

As well as the prison sentence he was banned from owning any animal for 10 years and also He was also disqualified from driving for 12 months.

https://www.sunderlandecho.com/news/crime/sunderland-man-jailed-after-making-shocking-videos-of-his-dog-killing-wild-foxes-1-9731366

Can’t get my head round this small dog thing, whippets.....bull x whippets......22 inch this and 24 inch that.

f**k all that, give me a big f***ing machine of a dog 27-28 inch.....they will marmalise almost anything in two seconds flat.

I want to see a dog destroy stuff not have an 8 round fight !

• Like 10
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1
16 hours ago, mackem said:

I actually know his old man :ninja:

Sunderland man jailed after making shocking videos of his dog killing wild foxes

A poacher from Wearside who made shocking videos of his whippet brutally killing wild foxes has been jailed and banned from animals.

Sunderland man Arron Crighton, 21, admitted offences under the 2001 Animal Welfare Act and 2004 Hunting Act after using his dog Jet to attack and kill foxes.

He then posted graphic photographs and videos showing the severe injuries sustained by both his own dog – who he failed to provide veterinary attention for – and the foxes on social media.Officers have deemed the videos too horrific to be made public.

Last month, Crighton pleaded guilty to causing unnecessary suffering to an animal and hunting a wild mammal with a dog.

He has now been sentenced to 18 weeks in prison after reappearing at South Tyneside Magistrates’ Court.

Pc Peter Baker, of Northumbria Police, said: “The photographs and videos that Arron Crighton made were incredibly distressing and graphic.

“It is clear that he not only showed a total disregard for the welfare of these animals, but took satisfaction from filming this barbaric and criminal activity.

“Crighton cannot be trusted to own a dog and make sure it is adequately protected from suffering, injury or disease.

"As a result, Jet has now been re-homed.

“This conviction was made possible after a member of the public who saw these disturbing videos online came forward and contacted police.

"I would ask anyone who sees poaching offences and cruelty of this type to also get in touch.

“I hope this case acts as a reminder to any pet owner that those who fail to ensure their animal’s welfare is met could face criminal action.

Police were alerted to a number of videos filmed and posted by Crighton, which included footage of a dog fighting with a fox and a person appearing to hold the fox down with their foot.

A second video showed two dogs with their jaws locked around the fox’s neck and body, while a picture was also taken showing Crighton and others holding a dog which had a bloodied fox in its mouth.

After being made aware of the posts, police executed a warrant at an address in Kismet Street, Southwick, in February this year and seized a mobile phone belonging to Crighton.

Investigators discovered hundreds of shocking photos and videos showing the attacks and subsequent injuries of the animals saved on the phone.

Asked why he had initiated the illegal activity in interview, Crighton responded “for sport”.

He also claimed that if one dog was injured by the fox, he would “put another dog on”.

Crighton, of Kismet Street, Sunderland, admitted causing unnecessary suffering to an animal and hunting a wild mammal with a dog.

As well as the prison sentence he was banned from owning any animal for 10 years and also He was also disqualified from driving for 12 months.

https://www.sunderlandecho.com/news/crime/sunderland-man-jailed-after-making-shocking-videos-of-his-dog-killing-wild-foxes-1-9731366

lets be fair mac  hes not the fk brightest star in the sky is he ?  you just have to read the responces to his questioning  , not saying he deserved time  but certainly need his arse kicking..

• Like 1
15 hours ago, WILF said:

Can’t get my head round this small dog thing, whippets.....bull x whippets......22 inch this and 24 inch that.

f**k all that, give me a big f***ing machine of a dog 27-28 inch.....they will marmalise almost anything in two seconds flat.

Remember that discussion a few years back ..... 

Comedy gold 

40 minutes ago, The one said:

When will folk learn about posting  stuff on facebook etc 

Sadly they wont , its about bigging up there dog and rep , got to be seen out taking game ect , if they had know one to broadcast it to they probably wouldn't bother with the dog game

20 hours ago, WILF said:

I had a first cross bull Grey 22tts that could kill a fox as good as any dog, late in the winter

• Like 1

I really don't know what the obsession is with pictures of dogs on game part way through the 'job'. I don't like seeing them myself, never mind Joe Bloggs on FB. It just seems to glorify the wrong part of the hunt. In the field it's a totally different feeling to seeing shit like that on social media. It's in context and personal in the field when experienced first hand.

Pictures and videos are powerful and can be used for good. There's some folks who are doing this to great effect, really capturing the essence and meaning of the hunt. Then someone posts a picture of a terrier jawed up followed by another with it's chin round it's ankles and any good is immediately undone.

Edited by Born Hunter
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 3