Opinions on the Norfolk lurcher?

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

the thread was about mick duglas ......think hes been dead a good few years now ...he bred dogs back in the 80's folk are getting confused with jeff burrel ...who breeds Norfolk ..and tumblers...

you know though ...I read them tales of the old gamkeepers books....and a few other ones older......and they all complained about how tuff it was etc.....but then when you looked at what they got.....

Well that's fuckun gratitude for you isn't it, Jeff's spent the last 800 years of his life refining this line, and you can't come up with less than one pound note per year for a pup be fukced 

Posted Images

On ‎26‎/‎03‎/‎2019 at 10:37, tatsblisters said:

I had a first cross out of Gingers Luke and I am convinced GF luke was not a pure saluki tbh.

pic off the web

Edited by Gilbey
everybody has been told a different story
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, tatsblisters said:

I had a first cross out of Gingers Luke and I am convinced GF luke was not a pure saluki tbh.

I had same theory the ones I see out a him locally had no wind what so ever very piss poor matter of fact it was difficult to believe they were at least half pure rest lurcher.atb bill

• Like 1
Just now, billhardy said:

I had same theory the ones I see out a him locally had no wind what so ever very piss poor matter of fact it was difficult to believe they were at least half pure rest lurcher.atb bill

The one I had made 29 tts and did not have a great deal of wind at the side of other f1x saluki/greys I had seen though he did have a decent strike and caught me a few bits of edible quarry before he smashed his leg running a roe one morning through woodland.

11 minutes ago, tatsblisters said:

The one I had made 29 tts and did not have a great deal of wind at the side of other f1x saluki/greys I had seen though he did have a decent strike and caught me a few bits of edible quarry before he smashed his leg running a roe one morning through woodland

1 hour ago, Gilbey said:

pic off the web

Pictures of your pure salukis_ - Page 2 - Lurchers ___.jpg

Xs bred,atb bill

can't remember which but remember Ginger saying Luke came from a well known saluki kennel, but his previous owners got him from McKenzie. He bred purebreds and grey crosses so?

can remember a dog that came from Gingers that was meant to be 1/4 saluki but the way it ran and looked it was 3/4 saluki lol

4 hours ago, Gilbey said:

can't remember which but remember Ginger saying Luke came from a well known saluki kennel, but his previous owners got him from McKenzie. He bred purebreds and grey crosses so?

can remember a dog that came from Gingers that was meant to be 1/4 saluki but the way it ran and looked it was 3/4 saluki lol

I read a article fact or fiction by ginger saying Luke was a Burrydown saluki bred by Mrs Hope-Walters. He was offered the dog by the Stanleys for 2 grand he gave a saluki cross and paid the rest in money for the saluki Luke?

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, downsouth said:

How has a thread about Mick Douglas Norfolk lurchers ended up as a thread about poxy Saluki's ?

Agreed, thank you..!

Wouldnt mind but i dug out that huge coursing Seagull thread, to keep this to Norfolks... ?

34 minutes ago, darbo said:

I read a article fact or fiction by ginger saying Luke was a Burrydown saluki bred by Mrs Hope-Walters. He was offered the dog by the Stanleys for 2 grand he gave a saluki cross and paid the rest in money for the saluki Luke?

cheers, that's the kennel I thought but wasn't sure enough. Think DH reprinted it not long back

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Gilbey said:

WP_20190326_001.jpg

Always admired the bone and frame of that dog. Seen that picture many times over the years and that dogs 'substance' stands out a mile.

Robust, built to graft for a living, his living....