Jump to content
dymented

THE TECKEL – THE MOST VERSATILE WORKING DOG

Recommended Posts

8 hours ago, dymented said:

same as any other terrier 

Can they jump up a 5 foot wall like a russel? I do like reckless bit the amount of fences walls and ditches they'd have to overcome I think they'd bit suit me.

Edited by FKOF

Share this post


Link to post

5 hours ago, FKOF said:

Did that video open your eyes mate? Genuine question

No, the clue is in the title... 😉 , thats a pup getting geed up on a fresh pig we killed about 15 years ago, it sprung to mind as I think its the 1st teckel I ever filmed. Ive dug coypu, fox and badger with teckels, hunted roe, fox & boar with teckels, cold blood trailled boar also. They arent the be and end all, but if they float your boat youll have a lot of fun with them.

Edited by Waz
  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
On 07/02/2019 at 09:18, mushroom said:

Get the blood from Spain mate ;) you'll pay price of pup (300€ish) Pet passport and a return flight. Not sure about the KC papers but if the dog has a passport in your name, it's sufficient to say the dog is yours. Why anyone would want to register a working dog with the KC is beyond me.

You see working teckles about over there mush?

Edited by jackthelad

Share this post


Link to post
On 08/02/2019 at 21:54, jackthelad said:

You see working teckles about over there mush?

Yep. Not as much as I'd like to though. A lot here use them for tracking boar etc and they are bang on their job ;)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
On 06/02/2019 at 12:43, Aussie Whip said:

I like the little teckles but I can't seeing them doing anything a good Russell couldn't do,so (the most versatile working dog) maybe a slight exaggeration.It sounds a bit of a sales pitch.

 Decent bred terrier is far more versatile than a teckle ....teckles are physically restricted 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
8 hours ago, MIK said:

 Decent bred terrier is far more versatile than a teckle ....teckles are physically restricted 

Ive been out with a couple of Teckles  a few years ago,i was impressed enough with their work rate and nose,the thing that put me off them was their inability to cover ground and obstacles at a speed that kept them up to the chase,especially over walls and fences that other terriers took in their stride.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
20 hours ago, morton said:

Ive been out with a couple of Teckles  a few years ago,i was impressed enough with their work rate and nose,the thing that put me off them was their inability to cover ground and obstacles at a speed that kept them up to the chase,especially over walls and fences that other terriers took in their stride.

Totally agree...I can only go with what I’ve seen and I just don’t get the whole teckle thing ....I had a lad out that imported one from the continent that was 3 k ....it was 2 years old and I took him out and we showed it quarry behind the spade the ironic thing was my terrier was just over a year old ...this’s teckle struggled even in high stubble ..just a money maker just like the Jagd that seems to be the latest craze 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
8 minutes ago, MIK said:

Totally agree...I can only go with what I’ve seen and I just don’t get the whole teckle thing ....I had a lad out that imported one from the continent that was 3 k ....it was 2 years old and I took him out and we showed it quarry behind the spade the ironic thing was my terrier was just over a year old ...this’s teckle struggled even in high stubble ..just a money maker just like the Jagd that seems to be the latest craze 

 

Did it have legs ? mine never seem to struggle on stubble Yes they go for good cash but so do the English ones who have never seen anything but a show ring its horses for courses no one is pointing a gun at any one looking to buy one 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, MIK said:

Totally agree...I can only go with what I’ve seen and I just don’t get the whole teckle thing ....I had a lad out that imported one from the continent that was 3 k ....it was 2 years old and I took him out and we showed it quarry behind the spade the ironic thing was my terrier was just over a year old ...this’s teckle struggled even in high stubble ..just a money maker just like the Jagd that seems to be the latest craze 

 

Them jag ducking terrible I wouldn’t give one to my worst enemy if I caught him in bed with my wife 

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
52 minutes ago, Elchapo said:

Them jag ducking terrible I wouldn’t give one to my worst enemy if I caught him in bed with my wife 

Not a fan

Share this post


Link to post
53 minutes ago, Elchapo said:

Them jag ducking terrible I wouldn’t give one to my worst enemy if I caught him in bed with my wife 

I'll second that ,biggest load of bollocks them jagd terriers .lad fetched one with us with some keepers .was just out looking for bother .wanting to fight all day long .ended up picking on wrong lurcher few weeks later .

Share this post


Link to post

I was on a shoot a few weeks back with a lad who had a Jagd with him.He told me he was a great worker on top and below.Stood next to him about to start a drive and said you want to put your dog on a lead here because a couple of earths in the wood went 10ft and hard digging.He said it’s ok because he comes out after 10 minutes😂

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...