THE TECKEL – THE MOST VERSATILE WORKING DOG

dymented

10 hours ago, Aussie Whip said:

I use my 2 Russell dogs on all game, deer, pigs,rabbits,rats,fox when shooting or flushing to running dogs.I'll bet they do it with more speed and drive too.I'm not knocking your dogs,just your statement that they are the most versatile,there's plenty of terriers that can do everything teckles can.

Opinions are like arseholes and everyone thinks everyone else’s stinks .. dymented is going off his experiences with his dogs and if he speaks highly of them who are we to judge ? .. the only way you’d know for sure is if you tried one yourself IMO

• Like 5

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

But if any one wants to use either stud dog i have here your more than welcome yo use them free of charge 

Posted Images

3 hours ago, Aussie Whip said:

No.

mine must be something else then ( no they wont jump a 6 foot fence or 6 foot wall ) sheep netting either under or through average farm wall they get over , i did not film this video but i do own the dog and its a wild boar vid 

• Like 1
34 minutes ago, Wxm said:

Opinions are like arseholes and everyone thinks everyone else’s stinks .. dymented is going off his experiences with his dogs and if he speaks highly of them who are we to judge ? .. the only way you’d know for sure is if you tried one yourself IMO

i have had better digging dogs yes but they would not run field up on field on a line , they would they retrieve from water i am in no way saying that all other terriers dont but i can take any of my teckels out and they will , i can also put a long line on and track a deer or go for a dig with the same ones , they are not a hard digging dog far from it but thats what i wanted i dont have to worry when you get a knock at the door , How many people run a pack of russels like hounds ? or use them for tracking wounded animals ? look on the deer stalking forum and see , They are not for every one but they will turn there hand to most things 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Wxm said:

I don't want to spend the day carrying a dog over log piles and fences.The most versatile working dog statement is ,crap.Try hunting here with them,oh yeah,they don't for some reason.

Edited by Aussie Whip
  • Like 1
35 minutes ago, dymented said:

How many people run a pack of russels like hounds ? or use them for tracking wounded animals

You don't need a pack of Russells,2 is plenty.I use them often to track wounded deer and pigs.Plenty of hunters here use terriers for that work.

• Like 2
36 minutes ago, Aussie Whip said:

I don't want to spend the day carrying a dog over log piles and fences.The most versatile working dog statement is ,crap.Try hunting here with them,oh yeah,they don't for some reason.

i have never had to carry any dog over a log pile or fence 

17 minutes ago, Aussie Whip said:

You don't need a pack of Russells,2 is plenty.I use them often to track wounded deer and pigs.Plenty of hunters here use terriers for that work.

any dog will bush but will they run the scent for miles like a hound You stick to what you like ill stick to what i like PS we have different laws regarding animals in the uk

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, Aussie Whip said:

As I said before I like teckles but they are not the most versatile hunting dog as you stated on the heading of the thread.I don't stick to what I like,I stick to the best dog for the job.

as i stated its an article i did not write , i posted it as its hunting related the title was on the article, I will stick to the dog best suited to my needs

• Like 2
8 minutes ago, mushroom said:

Anyone wanting to import a SMALL terrier or teckel etc pup from mainland Europe, can do it for the price of a Vueling flight ;)

They allow small dogs in a soft carrier, under the seat.

prices have come down a lot if you no the right people its anything from 200 euro to 500 euro to get one shipped price for a pup is anything from 300 euros up , just watch out as there all tricky fu**ers and will try and up the price and if they dont have export papers done in your name you carnt register them  , its all fairly simple theses days just a matter of trust as you pay upfront and there 1000s of miles away if it goes wrong

1 minute ago, dymented said:

prices have come down a lot if you no the right people its anything from 200 euro to 500 euro to get one shipped price for a pup is anything from 300 euros up , just watch out as there all tricky fu**ers and will try and up the price and if they dont have export papers done in your name you carnt register them  , its all fairly simple theses days just a matter of trust as you pay upfront and there 1000s of miles away if it goes wrong

Get the blood from Spain mate ;) you'll pay price of pup (300€ish) Pet passport and a return flight. Not sure about the KC papers but if the dog has a passport in your name, it's sufficient to say the dog is yours. Why anyone would want to register a working dog with the KC is beyond me.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Aussie Whip said:

It’s horses for courses pal and we ain’t running the same course with the same set of rules .. 

and as the OP has said at various points of this thread it’s not his words 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, mushroom said:

Get the blood from Spain mate ;) you'll pay price of pup (300€ish) Pet passport and a return flight. Not sure about the KC papers but if the dog has a passport in your name, it's sufficient to say the dog is yours. Why anyone would want to register a working dog with the KC is beyond me.

i have them from Spain , Germany , Serbia , Ireland there kc is not the same as ours i like to get them as you can research all its blood lines passport only state dogs name chip number and vaccine its had

• Like 4
38 minutes ago, dymented said:

i have them from Spain , Germany , Serbia , Ireland there kc is not the same as ours i like to get them as you can research all its blood lines passport only state dogs name chip number and vaccine its had

The sire of mine is from SVK and the dam from SRB

• Like 1