Canal life

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is the view from my eldest daughters back garden, I,ve just bought another one for my younger daughter and next year will be renting out my house and buying another for me and the wife so my whol

Started a new site few months back 17 houses on plot of land that faces a canal .As I sit in my 360 watching the narrowboats glide by it got me thinking , that kinda life would suit me to the ground ,

Ya but I,ll be done working by the time this site is finished Len just think,retired at 52 rest of my life just drifting from one rabbit warren to another , couple of dogs ,ferret Harris hawk maybe wh

Posted Images

I love my boat, and spend many days/holidays/parties/etc on it, but mines a cruiser. 

There are some exceptional narrow boats and many well equipped for extended living, but I'll stick to the house for living and the boat for fun.

ATB!

6 hours ago, Greyman said:

This lad has been doing it on a tight budget for several years and has kept a blog going on utube, worth a look though he is at the very basic end of boating life https://youtu.be/Hpu34e9dQpc

What a great guy. 

Always wanted to live on a canal boat , used to spend many a day as a child down at Portland basin on the Huddersfield/Ashton canal fascinated by them .. maybe one day 

1 hour ago, Lenmcharristar said:

Stick you 1 on the lake beside yas chid lol plenty of trout for grub also

??

rather eat a scabby rat than a trout 

that lakes up for rent if your interested ?

3 hours ago, scothunter said:

Yea I have watched a few of that Dan's bids. But I think he moved back into a house. 

He did for a while but he,s back on the cut in a new boat again nowhttps://youtu.be/hb9EUQF27I4

Edited by Greyman
  • Thanks 1

Was out lamping a golf course many years back, shone round  the clubhouse and seen someone trying to break in, must have thought we were old bill and run off and one of them jumped in the canal to get away ffs

Cheers, D.

11 hours ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

I’d love to live opposite a canal as sometime eventually some clown would do this 

Drink and water a bad mix, have known of 3 people drowning in the last 5 years on the canal my daughter is on, all experienced boaters all pissed and on there way back from the pub, 

14 hours ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

I’d love to live opposite a canal as sometime eventually some clown would do this 

Idiot, couldn't make his mind up to jump or not in the run up, if he had gone for it I suspect he could have cleared it quite easily.

There are a number of narrow canals and even more VERY narrow single width locks, and when you stand there looking at them there really do look narrow!