Canal life

I went to look at a boat many moons ago near Staffordshire it was on a narrow canal, first time I,d seen one as they seem more popular further north than me, I commented to this bloke about how small the canal was and questioned the boat would even fit, after being reassured by this dude that this was normal and he,d been on the canals all his working life so no problems, we left the marine through a tiny gap with a hell of a bang then continued down the canal until we hit a bridge then ran aground just after the bridge and got stuck in some bush,s trying to turn around, it was like a comedy sketch with me and my mate unable to even look at each other because we could,nt stop laughing and us trying to shift the boat with long poles while captain pug wash reassured us it was all normal, I never ended up buying the boat but think I laughed the entire 120 mile trip home so it was worth the journey ????

• Haha 1

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is the view from my eldest daughters back garden, I,ve just bought another one for my younger daughter and next year will be renting out my house and buying another for me and the wife so my whol

Started a new site few months back 17 houses on plot of land that faces a canal .As I sit in my 360 watching the narrowboats glide by it got me thinking , that kinda life would suit me to the ground ,

Ya but I,ll be done working by the time this site is finished Len just think,retired at 52 rest of my life just drifting from one rabbit warren to another , couple of dogs ,ferret Harris hawk maybe wh

Posted Images

4 hours ago, Greyman said:

Drink and water a bad mix, have known of 3 people drowning in the last 5 years on the canal my daughter is on, all experienced boaters all pissed and on there way back from the pub, 

When we’re boating and drinking the life jacket never comes off even when in the pub. Lol. Had part of my stag do on a boat on lough neagh, boat, booze, coke, and strippers it was a fine evening. Lol. 

• Like 1