11 hours ago, DIDO.1 said:

This goes for all real food. School children should be taken to butchers, grocer's and fish markets and shown real fool and how to cook it. 

Get kids in fish markets and show em how to really eat.... 

They do that is France Wilf. The kids see food production from farm to plate as part of the curriculum. 

• Like 2

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Correct. Of those nine countries some receive more back in trade within the EU than they  put in.  When they hand the dosh over to Brussels and Brussels then divvies it out to the poorer EU count

If you want to see hatred look at the political left. From antifa to momentum to unite against hate.  We arnt full of hate we are just pissed off.  Being against giving power to the eu isn't

What the latest news has demonstrated is that May's policy of appeasement to the EU was similar to Chamberlain's appeasement towards Hitler in the 1930's. By standing up to the EU and removing any hop

Posted Images

The stat's for fishing show that the EU boats land 60% of their total catch from UK waters. The UK boats land 18% of their catch from EU waters. The countries that will be hardest hit will be Belgium 48%, Holland 38% , and Ireland 33%,  The French who are making most fuss will only lose an estimated 15%. But the forecast is that there will be a shortfall in landings by EU boats if they are excluded or restricted from fishing in UK waters.

Meanwhile 30% of UK food comes from the EU. If the EU countries want to maintain that trade they need to import the seafood to keep the lorries full going both ways. Otherwise the cost of produce will be higher and that leaves them vulnerable to competition from outside the EU.

13 hours ago, DIDO.1 said:

This goes for all real food. School children should be taken to butchers, grocer's and fish markets and shown real fool and how to cook it. 

Like you say we eat chicken out of paki shops and believe that's a good cheap way to eat. It's not, it's an expensive way to eat, it's low welfare, unhealthy shite. Let's teach people to once again buy a proper chicken, roast it, make a dinner, sandwiches for next day, strip the carcass for a pie and boil the left overs for a stock. How many of those who 'can't afford to eat' could actually cook a raw chicken and utilise it like our grandmas did? 

Get kids in fish markets and show em how to really eat.... 

Great post mate...

It's up to us a parents to teach our kids about food and where it's from, on a site like this I'd imagine most of us have shown our kids how to catch/grow, prepare and cook food... whether that's fish, meat, veg or fruit... we are a group of people who still understand that food is more than clingfilm wrapped shite in a supermarket... 

• Like 3
1 hour ago, big sid said:

whit a load  a pish welks are great, just boil them then pick them out the shell wae a pin.

That's winkles mate...whelks are their big cousins..

Edited by NEWKID
  • Like 1
2 hours ago, big sid said:

we call them wulks in glasgow winkle seems a bit philip schofieldy, in fact if i said to my mates i felt like having a few winkles id be billy no mates

So Sid, are you telling us you are partial to a winkle in your mouth now and again ? 

On 08/02/2020 at 13:16, big sid said:

we call them wulks in glasgow winkle seems a bit philip schofieldy, in fact if i said to my mates i felt like having a few winkles id be billy no mates

boy used to do the backs with them wulks mussels n candieeeee aplesssssss!!!

• Haha 1

M. Barmier:       "So, Prime minister, let me make this clear. Spain wants Gibralter back, Greece wants the Elgin Marbles back, Ireland wants Ulster back, France, Belgium, Holland and Germany all want to continue to fish British waters and we all want you to abide by any rules we make up as we go along  without having any say in how these rules are made and be bound by all decisions made by a European court that we set up. Unless you agree to all these demands we will stop selling you French, German, Spanish and Italian cars, Dutch, German and Italian domestic products, French wine and meat, Spanish oranges and olives and also stop sending Polish workers over."

Mr. Johnson:     "Go swivel!"

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
On 09/02/2020 at 01:31, Ted Newgent said:

Will England be able to play in this years Euro cup now we are out of europe?

i know this doesnt apply to wales scotland and ireland cause you never get this far

??? 

Never stopped Israel singing in the Eurovision song cobblers every year ??

• Haha 2
37 minutes ago, Nicepix said:

M. Barmier:       "So, Prime minister, let me make this clear. Spain wants Gibralter back, Greece wants the Elgin Marbles back, Ireland wants Ulster back, France, Belgium, Holland and Germany all want to continue to fish British waters and we all want you to abide by any rules we make up as we go along  without having any say in how these rules are made and be bound by all decisions made by a European court that we set up. Unless you agree to all these demands we will stop selling you French, German, Spanish and Italian cars, Dutch, German and Italian domestic products, French wine and meat, Spanish oranges and olives and also stop sending Polish workers over."

Mr. Johnson:     "Go swivel!"

I keep saying if we don't play hard ball with the b*****ds we are f****d.

Cheers Arry