Vitamins and minerals

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

No need for all the powders and potions if you feed a good mixed balanced diet 

Obviously parasites exist in nature, but when you look at how wild animals live, as opposed to domestic animals which are cooped up in the same place all the time, seeding the ground with worm eggs et

If you're running them that hard that a good diet isnt enough youre either not feeding as good as you think you are or you're giving the dog more work than its capable of taking.Either way that stuff

Posted Images

4 hours ago, Daniel cain said:

Lol Hence why i worm them every 4/6 weeks smart arse?and change the wormers, drontal, panucur paste etc.....other than venison i always freeze wild game for a minimum of 2 weeks..... Im almost 40 yr old and kept my own dogs since the age of 10,picking up their shit, feeding, walking and treating them after a hard day/night, i dont drink, gamble or live beyond my means, probably spend more on my dogs than most spend on their kids..... But thank you for the heads up lol??

nothing smart about it its fact lol i dont bother with these expensive wormers myself chunk of pipe tobacco every other month and a rabbit pelt now and again never know might have a splash out soon n get some drontal.  if anyone says about dog looking lean i just blame that saluki blood ?

out of interest why dont you freeze the venison but everything else then ?

Edited by C.green
7 minutes ago, C.green said:

nothing smart about it its fact lol i dont bother with these expensive wormers myself chunk of pipe tobacco every other month and a rabbit pelt now and again never know might have a splash out soon n get some drontal.  if anyone says about dog looking lean i just blame that saluki blood ?

Gee it some c 

1 hour ago, C.green said:

Only feed Dogs the carcass and  meaty bones, its gone in one sitting, the rest is too rich for the dogs imo,thats for me. ?️

11 hours ago, Neobliviscaris1776 said:

It makes sense.

Where do auto immune conditions and cancers and the like come from? We live in a climate where we just accept such things as generally normal. Vaccinations are key and have a lot to do with it, just like in humans and especially children and young adults. The more we as humans get involved, the more problems manifest themselves, helpful when your trying to make millions out of the pet industry ?

Worms thrive in a carb rich environment,(filler in kibble etc)whereas they cannot multiply where raw meat is consumed. That obviously doesn't mean dogs on a raw diet won't catch worms, but just think of dogs and wolves in the wild, there not eating kibble that's for sure. 

The raw meat coupled with strong immune systems (ie no vaccinations) makes for a strong and healthy animal, likely to fight off most diseases and ailments it may encounter in life free from medical intervention.

Obviously parasites exist in nature, but when you look at how wild animals live, as opposed to domestic animals which are cooped up in the same place all the time, seeding the ground with worm eggs etc, it is easy to understand why, when we confine dogs, or any other species, to one place, that they do indeed reinfect themselves regularly. You only have to look at how factory farmed animals have to be dosed with antibiotics, vaccines etc to allow them to survive their unnatural environment. Grazing animals evolved to be nomadic, following the growth of grass with the seasons, leaving the land empty for parts of the year where parasite numbers will decrease with the absence of their hosts. 

Just as we are becoming ever weaker due to unhealthy lifestyles, overly processed foods containing unnatural ingredients, so are our dogs, if they're fed on similar foods. I don't say my dogs live any longer than those fed on kibble, but they seem a damn sight healthier and happier, but that might have something to do with the fact that they have a purpose in life, unlike so many pet dogs: another topic altogether!

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
On 24/08/2018 at 21:48, Neobliviscaris1776 said:

It makes sense.

Where do auto immune conditions and cancers and the like come from? We live in a climate where we just accept such things as generally normal. Vaccinations are key and have a lot to do with it, just like in humans and especially children and young adults. The more we as humans get involved, the more problems manifest themselves, helpful when your trying to make millions out of the pet industry ?

Worms thrive in a carb rich environment,(filler in kibble etc)whereas they cannot multiply where raw meat is consumed. That obviously doesn't mean dogs on a raw diet won't catch worms, but just think of dogs and wolves in the wild, there not eating kibble that's for sure. 

The raw meat coupled with strong immune systems (ie no vaccinations) makes for a strong and healthy animal, likely to fight off most diseases and ailments it may encounter in life free from medical intervention.

What a load of bull shite.

• Like 2
4 hours ago, Black neck said:

Best wormer then I use panacur liquid does the job 

Lets have a scrap over what's best lol

Bloody hell what are you lot drinking , the cider dont do this no more to me , maybe need a change ?

• Haha 1