What would you do

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

That be mine lol

There is no such thing as poor nowadays in Britain. There was poverty when I was young . But not anymore. If people are hungry now it’s because they can’t manage money properly. We are all caught in a

Id stop buying part worns! 

Posted Images

Got it worked out to the penny , 1/4 of a million i could stop working .1.7 million buys my wee estate  18 pheasant drives 60 deer a year are shot  on it and has its own reservoir for trout fishing  just need a few bob more to put big electric gates on the drive so i can life like a hermit 

• Like 3

Buy me and the missus a new truck each sort me mum out with house with no mortgage and a few family members buy a load of land nice size house nothing silly build some shit hot kennels and do things I enjoy I'd have to keep busy but I wouldn't be doing a job because I have to more because I want to. 

3 minutes ago, dytkos said:

Buy a house for my daughter, pay off my son's mortgage and buy the house across the road that's for sale @ 600K.

That's my million gone already lol

Cheers, D.

Doesn't last long mate :no:

• Haha 1
15 hours ago, Kerny92 said:

I've always thought winning a million or so would be an horrible amount to win especially when young. I mean you've got to look after number 1 and sort your life out, giving thousands away could wreck those plans. How much could you give out and still live comfortably.

People go all glassy-eyed when they hear lottery win but realistically how much would you have to win to be at a point where you can live to the standard you are now, never mind to a point where you don't have to worry about money?

I wouldn't knock winning a million but after you've secured the roof over your head I doubt you'd be in a position where you can give up working for a living.

Let's say you work until you're 65. What's the amount of years you have left to work multiplied by your annual salary? Account that for inflation? I'd be looking at 20+ years and that's just to maintain the status quo. Suddenly winning the lottery becomes an even greater calculation of the odds as a win versus the win you dream about becomes even more of a stretch...

So to completely burn the thread to the ground and p*ss on its ashes, what's the f*ck*ng point of playing the lottery in the first place? The odds of you dying on the way to buy tickets are far better than a jackpot win and to win the kind of money you need to simply survive, gets higher all the time. The only winner is the house.

:tongue2: :yahoo::thumbs:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
16 hours ago, Kerny92 said:

I've always thought winning a million or so would be an horrible amount to win especially when young. I mean you've got to look after number 1 and sort your life out, giving thousands away could wreck those plans. How much could you give out and still live comfortably.

Money goes to money, if a person's got owt between their steam tugs a million sheets should provide a lifetime of financial security

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, low plains drifter said:

Money goes to money, if a person's got owt between their steam tugs a million sheets should provide a lifetime of financial security

Yes it should do but winning that amount family and friends would be expecting a decent amount.

• Like 1