COLLIE X GREYHOUNDS...ENDANGERED SPECIES...

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I often read threads concerning collie crosses with a degree of confusion . More to do with the sometimes negative comments that relate to the border collie , and often mention is made of the far supe

After many a wasted trip to see so called collie x greyhound litters I decided to go to Hancocks for a pup, she is entering her 6 season now, and is a credit to my team, she has supplied us with some

I think you are right there Roybo... I shall always keep my own home-bred, watered down Collie hybrids, they suit me for the ground I hunt over, but most lads coming into the game today seem to w

Posted Images

2 hours ago, nothernlite said:

Cracker 

He's great mate. Literally trouble free.. Iv had other collie xs and at times test my patience lol but get none of that with him. Only fault is his right rear hock has a flick to it.. Duno what the hell it is.. Vet couldn't pick nothing up.. Its not cruciate damage and iv had him all. Angles... Saw meek. No other bone men returned calls that I tried. 

It don't effect him Running... 

Wales12234 had similar.. Well exact same. Thing when spoke. To him about it with that young bitch he has on. 

On 29 June 2018 at 18:29, japs eye said:

no im not set against hancock some of his dogs have turned out good'ns i just think getting one from proven working parents your hedging your bets a bit but even then it could turn out a dud.

Shame collie lurcher forum finished......there were a few dogs on there from a certain sire at hancocks..the names on the tip of my tongue.....he tended to throw rough coated pups and had a mix of border-beardie in them. I know the owners worked there dogs well and were super happy with them. I would have had one from that sire rather than a chucked together half cross collie greyhound advertised in the countryman weekly....which in my eyes isn't really tested working material.....it's a gamble. At least with the Hancock stuff when the forum was up and running you had some genuine feedback form the owners.....bit more of a gamble now.

• Like 2

But if I wanted a collie greyhound first cross.....no matter what anybody thought on here....I would have a good look at his stuff. From my experience as much stick as Hancock gets he does a  decent job compared to a lot of lurcher breeders out there......in fact 75% of the people I've had contact with who breed lurchers are lying clueless one trip ponies....sorry, but it's true.

• Like 3
31 minutes ago, Shortstraw said:

But if I wanted a collie greyhound first cross.....no matter what anybody thought on here....I would have a good look at his stuff. From my experience as much stick as Hancock gets he does a  decent job compared to a lot of lurcher breeders out there......in fact 75% of the people I've had contact with who breed lurchers are lying clueless one trip ponies....sorry, but it's true.

oh dont worry shortstraw i dont give a fukk what anyone thinks of hancock or me getting a pup from him infact ive just put my name on a 3/4 bred bitch out of there stud dog merlin.

• Like 5
54 minutes ago, Shortstraw said:

Shame collie lurcher forum finished......there were a few dogs on there from a certain sire at hancocks..the names on the tip of my tongue.....he tended to throw rough coated pups and had a mix of border-beardie in them. I know the owners worked there dogs well and were super happy with them. I would have had one from that sire rather than a chucked together half cross collie greyhound advertised in the countryman weekly....which in my eyes isn't really tested working material.....it's a gamble. At least with the Hancock stuff when the forum was up and running you had some genuine feedback form the owners.....bit more of a gamble now.

The dog Alex had great feedback as a sire of workers on "Colliecurs" forum.

• Like 5
1 hour ago, Maximus Ferret said:

Was going to say alex , know a few people who were pleased with there pups out of him  . He was 7/8s collie 1/8 grey , very little beardie blood but it really showed in his pups

• Like 1
6 hours ago, Maximus Ferret said:

Mr jones has also thrown some very good workers. Some really good pups by him in ireland