COLLIE X GREYHOUNDS...ENDANGERED SPECIES...

I always liked the idea of a GSD / Grey but I have seen too many big heavy set examples.

Malanois x , that could be a bit different as they are much more lighter framed and athletic.

• Like 3

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I often read threads concerning collie crosses with a degree of confusion . More to do with the sometimes negative comments that relate to the border collie , and often mention is made of the far supe

After many a wasted trip to see so called collie x greyhound litters I decided to go to Hancocks for a pup, she is entering her 6 season now, and is a credit to my team, she has supplied us with some

I think you are right there Roybo... I shall always keep my own home-bred, watered down Collie hybrids, they suit me for the ground I hunt over, but most lads coming into the game today seem to w

Posted Images

On 8 July 2018 at 13:14, shepp said:

I always liked the idea of a GSD / Grey but I have seen too many big heavy set examples.

Malanois x , that could be a bit different as they are much more lighter framed and athletic.

The working lines on some are smaller bucks dam twenty four  I believe he was from a very large greyhound ,I like the higher driven types I like the training and time getting the best from them achieving the result ,nothing wrong with bucks dam how many alsation greys do you here of ,any bad feed back I have seen lots and lots in the field and they all way above than Hancock stuff.fact.birds best animal from I believe wad beardie mix border back when they produced better working animals ask him if he was above Buck I already know the answer emphatically no and his old dog were a good un has hancocks go.folk can think what they believe but the forum his Fred advice from handlers keepers etc with knowledge gleaned from experience and it's free one is not have to pay thirty quid for biased based bullshit you go fa yas collie xs from hancocks ,me if I was you insisting on a collie xs breed yas own and that his free advice no bullshit  shep a generation alsation xs his lots light framed than the f1 even when twenty eight twenty nine ,the East German stuff his the business has Alsatians go I can show yas ten all stable ,takes time for em ta settle .atb bill

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, shepp said:

they are true, but like japs   says, the east/  ezech   dogs are fit animals  , put one over say  nice whippet grey , or small grey bitch you get some  great lurchers

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, billhardy said:

The working lines on some are smaller bucks dam twenty four  I believe he was from a very large greyhound ,I like the higher driven types I like the training and time getting the best from them achieving the result ,nothing wrong with bucks dam how many alsation greys do you here of ,any bad feed back I have seen lots and lots in the field and they all way above than Hancock stuff.fact.birds best animal from I believe wad beardie mix border back when they produced better working animals ask him if he was above Buck I already know the answer emphatically no and his old dog were a good un has hancocks go.folk can think what they believe but the forum his Fred advice from handlers keepers etc with knowledge gleaned from experience and it's free one is not have to pay thirty quid for biased based bullshit you go fa yas collie xs from hancocks ,me if I was you insisting on a collie xs breed yas own and that his free advice no bullshit  shep a generation alsation xs his lots light framed than the f1 even when twenty eight twenty nine ,the East German stuff his the business has Alsatians go I can show yas ten all stable ,takes time for em ta settle .atb bill

yeh , it was Blaze     prob my best collie x grey, good on rabbits and ok on foxes , he take them, but   diffent mind set to Buck , Buck more full on than what he was, but not bad dog. he was from richard jones   b/b x grey  , back to  3/4 grey 1/4 collie bitch that a lad owned  , so not hancock   bred   really .  i think that what you got to do  with colliexs   out x to other breed drop of beddy or  pit   to colliex    thats what go for if i ever wanted colliex type again , i like  1x beddy x grey  that make  great lurcher not to big and  tackle most stuff , might get one in the future  if i am still fit and keen   lol

• Like 1

I have access to a greyhound Derby runner ,also a real good working mallinois I would breed some f1 jukels from them but here's the just not enough knowledgable handlers for them ta be worthy of breeding some ,like the cattle dog xes and other types one needs five keepers for it to be worthwhile other than culling heavy the hancocks have access to failed unschooled bitches anvery mediocre types grades matter  I will try get the greyhound of utube running in the Derby put it up small very powerful type .atb bill

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, bird said:

thats fair enough mate, yeh  the dam  pasterns  were down abit true, the reason i liked her  though  was good hips, strong long back , and great temp, we knew  Razz  Buck sire  was very good  mid distance greyhound , and all running dogs  will norm sort out most other defects  in other breeds. 2 vets told this as well, that Buck be more healthy than any pure gsd  . Being honest here now ,  if colliex greys   had the same temp as a gsd x grey , i would have stuck with them , thats not just Bryn , thats all the others ive had over the years, they lack the guts = bottle  of a gsd    fact . i dont think there many breeds as healthy as a collie or kellpie   they had lot to lurcher line , old Bryn still going great at near ll year old  . funny thing is back then  12 years as ago i wanted a collie x grey x pit x gey ,  that give similar temp i think  to gsd x grey , but not many people were breeding this type x bxk then it was either , a pit x grey , or collie x grey , so ended up with Bryn  1 x collie x grey, been great rabbit dog day and night  , but lacked  Buck grit for other  stuff . gsd are not really a healthy breed  in general  , with poor hips  , shoulder probs , but as said the greyhound or the lurcher norm  helps it out, Buck  fast, agile , good wind when fit , and handle bangs/ bumps  easy , and great temp  with people, dogs  , but switches on to his quarry  .   good lamping dog  and done well  in his 6 years .

Not a personal dig at you mate ?. Razz was the sire to the pup I pm'd you about a few years ago, had bad cruciate damage, don't know if you remember?

1 minute ago, shaaark said:

Not a personal dig at you mate ?. Razz was the sire to the pup I pm'd you about a few years ago, had bad cruciate damage, don't know if you remember?

no prob mate , you right with alot gsds   they do have probs  ,  you really got get e/e gsds if you want to use this breed, was it your lurcher that had the in jury, or Razz ?   didnt think he had injury    Max on here prob could say  , but alot of greys get injured  there fookin nutters at running  , Raz was big grey  29in  75 lb  , Buck  got his size i think from him   Buck 28in   86 lb

5 minutes ago, bird said:

no prob mate , you right with alot gsds   they do have probs  ,  you really got get e/e gsds if you want to use this breed, was it your lurcher that had the in jury, or Razz ?   didnt think he had injury    Max on here prob could say  , but alot of greys get injured  there fookin nutters at running  , Raz was big grey  29in  75 lb  , Buck  got his size i think from him   Buck 28in   86 lb

My pup by razz had the injury. No hope for him really, seen 3 different vets. Shame really, as were were getting a good bond, and he was a very nice, bright pup ?

15 minutes ago, shaaark said:

My pup by razz had the injury. No hope for him really, seen 3 different vets. Shame really, as were were getting a good bond, and he was a very nice, bright pup ?

thats a terrible  injury fora running dog   mate, my old lurcher x lurcher  bess had the same , it finished her   4  1/2  yeard old, she was good5 on daytime hares , and good on rabbits and foxes, she looked like brindle greyhound  25 in  55 lb , prob 90% grey and drop of whippet, and collie, i kept her 14 years till she died , she was nasty fecker with dogs  cats , foxes  lol

• Like 1

This the think livestock canines dogs,when breeding for working  performance stock working lines of the very best available must be used ta get the desired best results .they won't have any skeletal defects hip or elbows the vigour cancels this out ,.with collies they bred da eye so eye problems will I occur..go hancocks fa ya jukel two yrs from now  y'all see it for what it his,on the other hand like the lottery yas may draw ta be on of a very chosen few ,good luck atb bill

On 8 July 2018 at 14:05, shaaark said:

That a bad injury had it twice with jukels over the yrs best cull it only becomes a stressful situation hoping this and that being strong each time go again was hero the alsation nest atb bill

• Like 1
On 8 July 2018 at 10:36, darbo said:

i know someone who has worked Beardies for years and still does. ive had a look at the odd ped he has and the odd border collie pops up now and then in the lines through a 6 gen ped.

On some of these collie types on the holdings they be far more than herding blood dropped at times some intentionally some not that don't see paper though lol they are what you se them has very true atb bill

• Like 2
On 8 July 2018 at 14:39, Black neck said:

You were lucky bill wor in a good mood

All this purity Hancock was trying to change the concept of those early border bear dies by using a X bred fa lurchers,wanted best of both worlds bug as often had nature his he got neither worse in lots a cases not all but lots ,tjhis his where the breeding from the successful studs come in ,they not interested in that and fa me they pet dog people bunny huggers they to soft same has the jukels other tan where money concerned, come on dog men can see a serious type animal by a glance they  bred da the other type a folk agility etc,of course they will catch Conor's but here's the gist when the going gets tough bond will onlytake  them so f are the rest will be down to breeding and blood. I'll tell thee fa nought every decent performance bred animal has pit terrier in its history fact maybe the saluki could be exempt .he needs to to play the lifel line and ring a friend and get a pit terrier covering hose collie cur bitches. His profit margins will increase lol.atb bill

• Haha 1