Best part of uk to live

On 19 June 2018 at 18:03, NEWKID said:

Girt lush is Bristol mate... don’t tar us with that brush!! Lol

Feck all wrong with Bristol mate, can be on the brecons,mendips,Devon beaches or Cotswolds in an hour and a day on the ale round the harbour side is hard to beat in summer, my only grief is the traffic as I,m on a main road into the center but ten minutes in the opposite direction and I,m in the fields, which is quite satisfying when I,m heading out with the dogs in the morning looking at all the sad faces going the opposite way, I get sad when I see fields and woods I used to hunt over becoming houses, but we're is,nt that happening apart from Scotland so here I,ll stay for now  ?

Edited by Greyman
  • Like 2

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

There so many great places in the UK mate you could almost take your pick.......the trouble is affording to live there! Scotland is majestic and in some areas the amount of game is mind boggling.

view from my garden

Not too bad where I am, if you like hunting, shooting and fishing Scotland is hard to beat. I do miss my coarse fishing but I do not miss hustle, bustle and jam packed roads.

Posted Images

3 hours ago, Greyman said:

Feck all wrong with Bristol mate, can be on the brecons,mendips,Devon beaches or Cotswolds in an hour and a day on the ale round the harbour side is hard to beat in summer, my only grief is the traffic as I,m on a main road into the center but ten minutes in the opposite direction and I,m in the fields, which is quite satisfying when I,m heading out with the dogs in the morning looking at all the sad faces going the opposite way, I get sad when I see fields and woods I used to hunt over becoming houses, but we're is,nt that happening apart from Scotland so here I,ll stay for now  ?

I know mate, I lived in Whitchurch as a kid, spent 6 years there, moved back with my Dad when I was 12... spent a lot of time in Bristol... still don’t want to be accused of speaking like a Bristolian though.. lol

Similar here, I did 2 hours coastpath walk down to Harlyn bay, cold cider (£4,10) at a bar just off the beach then a mile or so up the lanes back to the van. Parked for free while all the Emmet's are paying £5 for 2 hours in somebody's field, took the back lanes back to dodge the holiday traffic, happy days.

Cheers, D.

32 minutes ago, dytkos said:

Similar here, I did 2 hours coastpath walk down to Harlyn bay, cold cider (£4,10) at a bar just off the beach then a mile or so up the lanes back to the van. Parked for free while all the Emmet's are paying £5 for 2 hours in somebody's field, took the back lanes back to dodge the holiday traffic, happy days.

Cheers, D.

Is a Emmet like a Grockle?

• Like 1
29 minutes ago, forest of dean redneck said:

Is a Emmet like a Grockle?

Yes mate, Emmet is Cornish for ants lol visitors swarming all over the place with no seeming destination. Grockles are what Devonians call visitors/tourists, not sure about the origin?

Cheers, D.

1 hour ago, dytkos said:

Cheers, D.

Handy knowing the lanes mate.

Cheers Arry

On 16 June 2018 at 19:32, ollieollie said:

I am just back from Cornwall, amazing place!! 

On the other hand sparkhill in Birmingham is gorgeous 

Spark hill used to be a sound place to live , I grew up there & used to shoot over the Beasa(Ackers) many times, not that it would be tolerated now by our friends in government especially as it's mainly bandit country now.

Guest Navek
8 minutes ago, Kaiserdog said:

Spark hill used to be a sound place to live , I grew up there & used to shoot over the Beasa(Ackers) many times, not that it would be tolerated now by our friends in government especially as it's mainly bandit country now.

Is bandit code word for paki ? 

5 hours ago, Kaiserdog said:

Indeed, my family were dotted all around Birmingham. Formerly some very nice areas! 

I learnt to ski at the ackers 

• Like 1