Best part of uk to live

I always say I’d love to live in different part of the country somewhere with more game to chase but realistically there’s not a lot of places like Wales where you can walk for miles with out seeing a person or a road , I think I’d either like to go Scotland right up the top or mid Wales more rural seen as I live in a big town ! what do you lot reckons best place in uk to live 

• Like 1

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

There so many great places in the UK mate you could almost take your pick.......the trouble is affording to live there! Scotland is majestic and in some areas the amount of game is mind boggling.

view from my garden

Not too bad where I am, if you like hunting, shooting and fishing Scotland is hard to beat. I do miss my coarse fishing but I do not miss hustle, bustle and jam packed roads.

Posted Images

I,m off to the brecons for a week soon walking holiday with the dogs but also to look at possibility of relocating, like you I yearn for the solitude and uninterrupted countryside but have a kids living in Bristol so can't be to far away from them, at least we can dream for now ✌

• Like 1
Just now, Greyman said:

I,m off to the brecons for a week soon walking holiday with the dogs but also to look at possibility of relocating, like you I yearn for the solitude and uninterrupted countryside but have a kids living in Bristol so can't be to far away from them, at least we can dream for now ✌

Give me a shout when your up mate be tidy to meet you and pick your brain about the big cats and a walk ! 

• Like 1

There so many great places in the UK mate you could almost take your pick.......the trouble is affording to live there!

Scotland is majestic and in some areas the amount of game is mind boggling......to witness eighty  thousand pinkfoot in the sky is a sight I will never forget.

Then you have the awesome Lake District, surely proof that there is a power bigger than us with the way it makes you feel just looking at it.

The Cotswolds and Suffolk with deer literally crawling out of every hedgerow, north Essex and it’s massive herds of fallow and quaint line render and thatch houses.

Devon and Cornwall where you can watch mullet make their way up the river in summer and watch fishermen land spider crabs.

Kent with its summer orchards and strawberry’s and there used to be hop fields too......a smell I will never forget.

It really is all awesome, it’s just the people running the gaff that f**k the whole job up for me.

Edited by WILF
  • Like 15
Just now, Jonjon79 said:

I reckon for proper rolling hills and isolation, parts of Wales are hard to beat but, I like Wiltshire - I'm not a million miles from civilisation and, I can disappear into the countryside easily.

I was doing terrier work down that way season before last beautiful part of the country ! 

Would do mate but the trouble and strife is with me and my kids are coming over on various days throuout my week so may be a bit hard to slot in, it's not a million miles away though so could arrange a day out later in the year 

2 minutes ago, Wales1234 said:

I was doing terrier work down that way season before last beautiful part of the country ! 

'Tis mate, especially for a lad that grew up on a poxy Reading council estate.

It's not a patch on some of those untouched valleys though :thumbs:

• Like 1