Bitch pups

1 minute ago, Neobliviscaris1776 said:

Don't feel comfortable with this myself but how else do you ultimately get the best and keep the line tight, it's the only way in the end to get the best, breed the best to the best for sure.

Trust me pal the ones av seen out of this line are some animals some of them are in one or two Darcy books 

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My 2 bitch pups out of my pure out Nero to a knightelton bitch the cream one out of my old dog rio out of fettle and splodge and the little white one is out of my dog out of rio to a bitch called Bell

Those men are obviously fukcing idiots then ......

So a 7 and half month pup getting 3 minutes in the middle of April? Class. Cheers, D.

Posted Images

Iv got a rough idea who your on about , my bullx bitch wouldn’t put her mouth around anything till 20 months I was gutted I bred her I pulled my hair out for a few weeks but then at drop of a hat just before she turned two well different dog and finished her season in style with a mate 

Can't see any sense in that. Of course culling is necessary to ever get a line worth having. But, when the most important work you put into a dogs foundation is in the first year, why would you give up on them before they even reach their first birthday?! There'll be countless dogs that wouldn't be capable single handed before a year old, but will comfortably hold their own against the best from their second season to their last run

10 minutes ago, SNAP-SHOT said:

Can't see any sense in that. Of course culling is necessary to ever get a line worth having. But, when the most important work you put into a dogs foundation is in the first year, why would you give up on them before they even reach their first birthday?! There'll be countless dogs that wouldn't be capable single handed before a year old, but will comfortably hold their own against the best from their second season to their last run

Agree with you that many will comfortably hold their own in their second season...but then what is to be said for the dogs that go head first from the get go. Obviously depends on what your running.

Edited by Neobliviscaris1776
3 minutes ago, Neobliviscaris1776 said:

Agree with you that many will comfortably hold their own in their second season...but then what is to be said for the dogs that go head first from the get go.

Too keen, cull em ?

• Like 1

If they go head first from the get go, happy days! All I'm saying is, if they aren't 100% at 10 months, what's the rush to make a decision when the hard work has been done. When in 6 months time they may be spot on and saves the need to rush into another litter to fill the recently and potentially unecessarily emptied kennel.

• Like 2

Absolute nonsense shooting ten month old pups 

I know lads who haven’t ran a rabbit or retrieved a hare in nigh on two decades and would laugh their heads off at someone turning the skull inside out of a ten month old pup from a purposefully bred line of vulpine nemesis types 

I mean , some of their top breeding is done in the summer a year prior to the season they need a replacement. You’d almost think it was planned or something ??

• Like 1
1 hour ago, DavoH66 said:

Trust me pal the ones av seen out of this line are some animals some of them are in one or two Darcy books 

Oh fukc me if their in a darcy book they must be top stuff then  ???

• Like 1
  • Haha 5
11 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

If guys been breeding same line for generation after generation they surely know what they looking  at an what they want out a litter, id like to think if I’d spent a couple decades or more or a line I’d be culling the surplus about 10 month or even younger, after all it’s a lot time to waste to wait too long for each pup, an a wise ole dog man once said to me, good pups make good adults, an iv found it to be true. Some pups are naturals like been mentioned already. An if you are gonna devote years of hard work an stress into a line then surely you only want the naturals to carry forward? Or at very least the best of the lot. An if no money is involved or pups been sold or swapped or that lol then why not?

iv not the gut, time or inclinations to breed dogs of such a high calibre, an they are wasted on me, but I’m forever grateful them men are out there an still do what they do, as the blood they do share is always welcomed into a lot of lurchers an often for the better ?

Couldn’t agree more and it makes sense when you think about it. With everyone becoming a breeder these days and passing on sub standard pups it’s good there are people who are so strict with what they interpret to be a decent dog for the job and culling the ones that don’t make the grade rather than selling them and then someone breeding off a sub standard dog.  Their intention to have the best dogs and only let them pass on their genes is trying to roll the dice in our favour. I’ve only owned dogs for the passed 6 years so I’m no expert but can’t deny the mindset these guys have makes a lot of sense. 

• Like 1

It always interesting how generally we all love to admire those in the past that were great dog men of all sorts who kept lines tight, worked dogs hard and kept only the best and the natural workers.

But when done in our own day, many question the relevance of it.

Some good dog men may think they're even better dog men, when in fact it takes, not only a love of dogs and a love of working dogs, but something more...a respect for the guiding force of perfection. Without aiming for perfection continually... you can never expect anything close to it.

• Like 1
10 hours ago, socks said:

Oh fukc me if their in a darcy book they must be top stuff then  ???

When you see it with ye own eyes pal then and other man from all over the sho are out with on nights on and the are saying the same thing f**k the darcy books pal the mean f**k all but the most of been doing something right for him to approach them and won't to talk about what the have done and go on nights out with them .... a suppose you are an expert on all thing to do with dogs are you pal 

Edited by DavoH66
  • Thanks 1

Why are folks so competitive over there dogs. Who really cares if some silly sod thinks his got wonder dog. My dog is a clutz but he does me though I will say his got a better nose than any dog on the planet :boxing::lol:
All good fun 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
50 minutes ago, DavoH66 said:

When you see it with ye own eyes pal then and other man from all over the sho are out with on nights on and the are saying the same thing f**k the darcy books pal the mean f**k all but the most of been doing something right for him to approach them and won't to talk about what the have done and go on nights out with them .... a suppose you are an expert on all thing to do with dogs are you pal 

The man knows what he’s talking about