Long haul holidays

11 minutes ago, bird said:

and Oz   like  to spend  month in each country , and prob live in Oz  if i could get in  to finish me days .

I like the idea of New Zealand i know some people out there some places are almost unexplored. Never have a old fcuker like me and need a tyre lever to get wifey to go even if they would have me. Hey haven't seen all of Devon yet so what the fcuk. Lol

Cheers Arry

Edited by Arry
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Skegness is nice and if money was no object you could even have a trip to Mablethorpe as I believe it is around £4.60 return on the bus.I would take a jumper as the weather can be quite changeable at

Hi 

Posted Images

9 hours ago, Balaur said:

I personally dont enjoy the travel i like getting somewhere and enjoying it. A mate recently did America with ludicroys amount of driving think it spoilt it a bit for him. I did to much travel in india but less in kenya and enjoyed it more for that. Local knowledge can be key to a good trip if you could go somewhere with a guide or local even someone off here could make the difference between travelling to/through and experiencing a new place to the full atb Joe.

Believe it or not I enjoy the journey as much as being there , if I'm in no rush ..

But the majority of the time you have kids and a missus moaning of being bored and asking "are we there yet" ?

• Like 2
12 hours ago, ChrisJones said:

I went out to the Utah mountains 10 years ago and never came back! :laugh:

Joking aside though, what would you like to do on the 2 weeks to make it memorable?

I've got a plan to do a 3 week tour of the West and pacific coast. I've only looked at the basic logistics, not the details yet. Basically start in San Francisco or San Diego, for a couple nights, then car rental for 2+ weeks is about £500, then do a >2000mile trip hitting a variety of monuments and national parks on the way to probably Seattle for another few nights before flying home. Cheap motels and camping along the way. There's a lot I want to see over there, still wont get to see it all but I don;t reckon it'd be too expensive that way.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
9 hours ago, Arry said:

I like the idea of New Zealand i know some people out there some places are almost unexplored. Never have a old fcuker like me and need a tyre lever to get wifey to go even if they would have me. Hey haven't seen all of Devon yet so what the fcuk. Lol

Cheers Arry

yeh New Zealand   another great place to visit and live, ive a mate who got a sister out there , he been to see here , he went for 6 weeks, and every day went  quick there . it great for hunting and fishing, he went fishing  and seen the hounds there  after  rabbits and hares think he said. he didnt get go  wild pig hunting, but said the lads/women who do it are very fit people , as because  out there all pigs killed are carried on your back,  back to the motor  which could be 5-10 mile away, and its all up and down mountains  etc ,  which be harder still . in Oz it  all norm from a ute =motor  , so not as hard as in New Zealand getting the pigs moved ,  fook knows how they carry  200lb plus on there backs for 8-10 mile , i  carried a  95 lb deer  across me shoulder for 2 mile that was bad enough  lol .  the other thing with New Zealand is the weather like England   ok it gets warmer but they have lot of rain there , that piss me off after time i think Oz would suit me better  as the hot weather  better for old bones like ive got at 65 lol, if could get in there i as said like to finish me days off there , prob be on me own anyway, my wife not a fit person she carry's lot of weight and it catching up with her now  , think i out live her,  i come back over for month in summer to seem my son and granddaughter , you never know it might happen got a cousin  who still lives there  . 

• Like 1
4 hours ago, roybo said:

Believe it or not I enjoy the journey as much as being there , if I'm in no rush ..

But the majority of the time you have kids and a missus moaning of being bored and asking "are we there yet" ?

Same here, well that was when I used to take half the winter off to travel.

I saw more, experienced more and met more people on the journey, than I did at the destinations.

But a couple of weeks at a hotel once a year is all I do now, so just want to get there.

Maybe that's the difference between being a traveller and a tourist.

Edited by shepp
1 hour ago, bird said:

yeh New Zealand   another great place to visit and live, ive a mate who got a sister out there , he been to see here , he went for 6 weeks, and every day went  quick there . it great for hunting and fishing, he went fishing  and seen the hounds there  after  rabbits and hares think he said. he didnt get go  wild pig hunting, but said the lads/women who do it are very fit people , as because  out there all pigs killed are carried on your back,  back to the motor  which could be 5-10 mile away, and its all up and down mountains  etc ,  which be harder still . in Oz it  all norm from a ute =motor  , so not as hard as in New Zealand getting the pigs moved ,  fook knows how they carry  200lb plus on there backs for 8-10 mile , i  carried a  95 lb deer  across me shoulder for 2 mile that was bad enough  lol .  the other thing with New Zealand is the weather like England   ok it gets warmer but they have lot of rain there , that piss me off after time i think Oz would suit me better  as the hot weather  better for old bones like ive got at 65 lol, if could get in there i as said like to finish me days off there , prob be on me own anyway, my wife not a fit person she carry's lot of weight and it catching up with her now  , think i out live her,  i come back over for month in summer to seem my son and granddaughter , you never know it might happen got a cousin  who still lives there  . 

your a fkn long time dead pal if you can aford it just do it 

Friends of ours have an apartment in Goa, say we can go any time, feck that, I do a 5 hour drive when I go up to see the family, that's enough travelling nowadays, I don't like leaving the Duchy Tbh but somewhere I've always fancied is Japan. Anyone been?

Cheers, D.

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Born Hunter said:

I've got a plan to do a 3 week tour of the West and pacific coast. I've only looked at the basic logistics, not the details yet. Basically start in San Francisco or San Diego, for a couple nights, then car rental for 2+ weeks is about £500, then do a >2000mile trip hitting a variety of monuments and national parks on the way to probably Seattle for another few nights before flying home. Cheap motels and camping along the way. There's a lot I want to see over there, still wont get to see it all but I don;t reckon it'd be too expensive that way.

It's definitely easier on the wallet that way. If you don't mind the driving it's a good way to see the country. Once you get out of the cities the driving can be quite pleasant. I'd only recommend you do it in the cooler months to avoid the tourists! :laugh:

2 hours ago, riohog said:

your a fkn long time dead pal if you can aford it just do it 

very true mate , it deff may happen  before i leave this planet , got the builders round today , both thought  i looked good for me age, so in with a fighting chance .

• Like 1
1 hour ago, bird said:

very true mate , it deff may happen  before i leave this planet , got the builders round today , both thought  i looked good for me age, so in with a fighting chance .

They just wanted a cup of tea mate. Lol

Cheers Arry

• Haha 1
3 hours ago, dytkos said:

Friends of ours have an apartment in Goa, say we can go any time, feck that, I do a 5 hour drive when I go up to see the family, that's enough travelling nowadays, I don't like leaving the Duchy Tbh but somewhere I've always fancied is Japan. Anyone been?

Cheers, D.

My mate went last year on business and said it was an amazing place. He was in Tokyo and then did a week travelling around that part of Japan. He said Tokyo was a very busy place, amazing food and great nightlife (after he finished 11-13 hour days). Outside of Tokyo.... simply beautiful. The people were very friendly, endless amounts of great food and scenery.

One thing to bear in mind is Japan is very expensive ;)

I'm mulling about moving over to Asia in a couple of years and Japan is top of my list.

• Like 1