Long haul holidays

5 hours ago, Kerny92 said:

If you could guarantee the weather I wouldn't really want to go abroad, the views are much better in the likes of Wales and Scotland than the scrubland in Spain IMO.

Obviously you haven't seen much of Spain ;)

• Like 3

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Skegness is nice and if money was no object you could even have a trip to Mablethorpe as I believe it is around £4.60 return on the bus.I would take a jumper as the weather can be quite changeable at

Hi 

Posted Images

I quite like Spain and would like to see more only seen the south/coastal areas but the mountains on the way in look awesome ,an go for a fair distance and I'd assume there would be a fair bit of game and room to do what you want.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, foxdropper said:

Hope this spurs a few to get there , you won’t be disappointed .

agreed....

been to south africa 27 year ago ...had 3 days in the krugar national park ...fantastic experiance seeing all those big creatures up close in the wild...like you we had a hyena in a den with cubs..it was just outside our camp in a drain under the road....

honey badger was a more unusual sight we were privlaged to see as well...and a Cheetah that was trying to hunt some gazele that were on there toes befor it got a chance sadly ..would have loved to have seen it chase one ..or even make a kill..

another intresting trip we took in south africa was a helicopter flight over soweto... the township in johannesberg....

i remember buying carved woden statues of animals outside the krugar of the local tribes...they would hold them up as you drove by....my sister who was living there with my brother in law was shitting herself everytime i stopped .....as she thought we would be killed ect ..lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
4 minutes ago, roybo said:

I quite like Spain and would like to see more only seen the south/coastal areas but the mountains on the way in look awesome ,an go for a fair distance and I'd assume there would be a fair bit of game and room to do what you want.

northern coast of spain is beautifull some stunning beaches and less humans ....

• Like 2

A guy i know( ex copper)but unbelievably sound.goes to africa safaris,he al so said its brilliant,his wife works in a top end shoe shop,and they take bags of seconds hands out to the kids.they enjoy it.

Edited by Qbgrey
2 hours ago, TOMO said:

agreed....

been to south africa 27 year ago ...had 3 days in the krugar national park ...fantastic experiance seeing all those big creatures up close in the wild...like you we had a hyena in a den with cubs..it was just outside our camp in a drain under the road....

honey badger was a more unusual sight we were privlaged to see as well...and a Cheetah that was trying to hunt some gazele that were on there toes befor it got a chance sadly ..would have loved to have seen it chase one ..or even make a kill..

another intresting trip we took in south africa was a helicopter flight over soweto... the township in johannesberg....

i remember buying carved woden statues of animals outside the krugar of the local tribes...they would hold them up as you drove by....my sister who was living there with my brother in law was shitting herself everytime i stopped .....as she thought we would be killed ect ..lol

We had armed guards at the hotel we went back to after the safari and a kerfew of 9.30 in the grounds .Had baboons in the hotel  grounds that were intimidating .I got caught in the middle of a battle between two troops that spilled over near our lodge .Very noisy .I had a young male bounce off me ,barring hus teeth .

7 hours ago, foxdropper said:

Was Kenya mate .Amboseli ,East and West Tsavo as well as into Tanzania for the last 2 days for rhino but never saw one .

Seen a few rhino in the wild,but in Chitwan national park in Nepal,greater one horned rhino.

• 2 months later...
On ‎05‎/‎06‎/‎2018 at 19:49, roybo said:

If time, money wasn't the issue, where in the world would you go to spend your hard earned cash?

Actually trying to get a visa for Bhutan in November,what a palaver,cant just go to the Bhutanese consulate in Guildford you have to go through an official travel agent,its peak season so a minimum spend of $250 a day plus $40 a day as a solo traveller :blink:

• Like 2
20 hours ago, mackem said:

Actually trying to get a visa for Bhutan in November,what a palaver,cant just go to the Bhutanese consulate in Guildford you have to go through an official travel agent,its peak season so a minimum spend of $250 a day plus $40 a day as a solo traveller :blink:

That's fuucking crazy man :blink:

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, mushroom said:

That's fuucking crazy man :blink:

I am going to Canada for a while,trying to plan the Himalayan trip for when I get back,Bhutans national sport is archery,i will take plenty of pics :thumbs: