8 minutes ago, Greyman said:

it's not all scar face and pulp fiction mate and delivering for Dhl is probably safer   

Your right,i best get back to the depot and fill the van,got a load of deliveries to do before I clock-off :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Immigration officer

Years ago, I cleared all the old kit out of the Department of Trade & Industry building at Victoria. It was in the days when they still had little individual offices instead of the big, open

? I've been lucky,...I've had several dream jobs,...unbelievably diverse,  but all, equally exciting, in their own different ways...? I'm an old pensioner now and occasionally, (very occasionally

Posted Images

I’m working on my dream right now little by little

i run a gardening business right now and do a bit of pest control and have a shop with the wife as well 

my dream is to work and earn a living from my small holding, I’m planting 4-500 Christmas trees each year just done my second year now so in 6 years when I start selling as cut your own I will be 50 and hope to give up the gardens and pest work by then

my mortgage will be payed off when I’m 50 as well so will make it a little easier to do

i was thinking of starting a business selling wildflower plug plants online from spring to mid summer then the Christmas trees kick in end of November I might start this small scale next spring

im just fed up of working for people I just like to be outside on my own down the holding “toddling about” as the misses says

• Like 5
3 minutes ago, peterhunter86 said:

I knew a few bloke's that went that way, was cheaper to kill them than pay them.

Trouble is in that industry no one knows who to trust, so when my mate never got back with the money, the bloke,s who shot him just said he never arrived with the gear, and as he was travelling the world no one started looking, turned out they had already popped another five or six people in simular circumstances, that's what happens when you don't get a tracking number, ?

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, trapperman said:

I’m working on my dream right now little by little

i run a gardening business right now and do a bit of pest control and have a shop with the wife as well 

my dream is to work and earn a living from my small holding, I’m planting 4-500 Christmas trees each year just done my second year now so in 6 years when I start selling as cut your own I will be 50 and hope to give up the gardens and pest work by then

my mortgage will be payed off when I’m 50 as well so will make it a little easier to do

i was thinking of starting a business selling wildflower plug plants online from spring to mid summer then the Christmas trees kick in end of November I might start this small scale next spring

im just fed up of working for people I just like to be outside on my own down the holding “toddling about” as the misses says

I genuinely like reading stuff like this mate, you sound like a man who is happy and satisfied.....what more can you ask for.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

i like the idea of a remote place , frontier style but the reality of her sat inbthe couch “I’ve bioked a spray tan, we need this , “ sort of knocks that on the head !!! 

I know the feeling, totally!

• Like 1

? I've been lucky,...I've had several dream jobs,...unbelievably diverse,  but all, equally exciting, in their own different ways...?

I'm an old pensioner now and occasionally, (very occasionally)...I do get the hunger pangs and yearn for days long gone,..but mercifully, this feeling soon passes...

We all have regrets, but upon reflection,...I've made it into my dotage,...I've survived,...its time to chill out now...?

533310511_Hare072.thumb.jpg.3d7fddac02ff491066f3a20713a8cf47.jpg

• Like 9
4 hours ago, Born Hunter said:

I don't know if it exists. LOL

That job that Jeremy Renner's character in Wind River does looks good. Predator hunter in Wyoming for US Fish and Wildlife Service.

A back-country hunting guide would be good.

Working for a scientific research organisation that spend a good chunk of their time in far flung adventurous places also sounds close.

The only thing I could add to that would be bush pilot although those fish and game predator jobs contain flying roles. Utah monitor elk herds by air and Renner would have a helicopter and small plane license for that.

While I don't necessarily have my dream job I do at least have one I like doing. I'm out and about. I get to meet people. Although I'm reaching the point where I'm too old to be running up flights of stairs wearing body armour! :laugh:

• Like 2
30 minutes ago, ChrisJones said:

The only thing I could add to that would be bush pilot although those fish and game predator jobs contain flying roles. Utah monitor elk herds by air and Renner would have a helicopter and small plane license for that.

If I was to start over, I think I'd have liked to have studied biology and found my way into Fish and Wildlife or similar. Not sure what roles are available but that sort of thing is more interesting to me these days than what I am trained in is now.

32 minutes ago, ChrisJones said:

While I don't necessarily have my dream job I do at least have one I like doing. I'm out and about. I get to meet people. Although I'm reaching the point where I'm too old to be running up flights of stairs wearing body armour! :laugh:

Sorta similar really, I don't live for it but I've gotten to do some stuff that I like. Peer reviewed author, got published patent and another one just filed for, get a bit of travel which I now want more and more of. I shouldn't complain too much. It's a job, it pays the bills but I ain't winning any awards for 'most thrilling and adventurous life'. :laugh:

• Like 2
26 minutes ago, Born Hunter said:

If I was to start over, I think I'd have liked to have studied biology and found my way into Fish and Wildlife or similar. Not sure what roles are available but that sort of thing is more interesting to me these days than what I am trained in is now.

About 6 months ago a vacancy appeared in our county fish and game for predator management. I applied for it but was massively under qualified. Wasn't even selected for an interview. I've since learned that if I'd named dropped a couple of my neighbours I'd have at least got that far. Lesson learned. I'm quite happy to do what I do but this vacancy was enough for me to reconsider. It was less money but I'm a big believer in 'Man Cannot Live On Bread Alone.' I'd have quite happily taken a pay cut for the new office!

29 minutes ago, Born Hunter said:

Sorta similar really, I don't live for it but I've gotten to do some stuff that I like. Peer reviewed author, got published patent and another one just filed for, get a bit of travel which I now want more and more of. I shouldn't complain too much. It's a job, it pays the bills but I ain't winning any awards for 'most thrilling and adventurous life'. :laugh:

I'm just a small cog in a big machine. If I left tomorrow there's no shortage of warm bodies to fill the role. The main reason I stick with my job is the perks more than the hourly compensation. I could transfer to any branch in the union for more money but I'd be giving up the country life for it. I work 15-hour shifts but I have 3-4 day weekends every week. I've managed our local branch for several years and now that corporate is happy with how I run daily operations my boss has to find an excuse to check in on us. I earn enough money to save and it's relatively hassle-free, plus I enjoy doing it. I'd need something to top that in order to move on but I'll keep checking the vacancies at Fish & Game just to be sure! :laugh:

• Like 2