19 minutes ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

Agreed kingy, 

i like the whole Fred flint stone ness of pulling levers .

last year I was on a big job, grading,  dozing , tip and run work, excavating and inspecting / surveying all day, 

then rotavating bentonite into the ground via a John Deere 7 class and a hopper at night and a stint on the bowser as well! 

Long shifts 14 16 hours , fuvking brilliant 

You got lever fever mate lol.

It's easy money pulling the levers.cant fault it.

Cat 390 was the biggest 360 I've been on.cracking bit of kit.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Immigration officer

Years ago, I cleared all the old kit out of the Department of Trade & Industry building at Victoria. It was in the days when they still had little individual offices instead of the big, open

? I've been lucky,...I've had several dream jobs,...unbelievably diverse,  but all, equally exciting, in their own different ways...? I'm an old pensioner now and occasionally, (very occasionally

Posted Images

f***ing about......which is in fact what I do.

Its not very secure and sometimes it really don’t pay that well but the hours are flexible !

I had a couple of real jobs many years ago......what the f**k is all that about? 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
7 hours ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

Nice mate , 

what tonnage is that weighing in at? 

My mrs calls me a geek for getting earthmovers mag 

Nearly 90 ton mate 10ton a bucket.  loading cat 777s

• Like 2

I would love to go back into hunt service but having a family in tow now I couldn't do it. 

I love working for myself doing pest control. It's got harder and less fun now the business has grown and it's the only income stream in our house, the pressure is there now and iv dropped the fun bits. 

As soon as the mortgage is payed I'll sell the business and go back doing what I started with...farm moles, drystone walling, relief farming and just pissing about, perhaps run some shoot days and duck flights 

• Like 1

I don't know if it exists. LOL

That job that Jeremy Renner's character in Wind River does looks good. Predator hunter in Wyoming for US Fish and Wildlife Service.

A back-country hunting guide would be good.

Working for a scientific research organisation that spend a good chunk of their time in far flung adventurous places also sounds close.

• Like 3

There’s jobs , I suppose that probably are amazing on paper .

i watch deadliest catch andvthink , I’d do a bit of that , even just on a lobster boat 

Rhodesian light infantry section commander circa 1970 would be a good screw as well

i like the idea of a remote place , frontier style but the reality of her sat inbthe couch “I’ve bioked a spray tan, we need this , “ sort of knocks that on the head !!! 

• Haha 3

I don't give a monkeys what I do, because for me the day is already ruined when I have to get up and leave home to do anything that I don't enjoy, at my own pace, so really I,d be happy stuck in a remote cabin monitoring wildlife, also love the canals so maybe one of those weed cutting boats, or a lock keeper on a remote stretch of canal, 

• Like 1

Smuggler would be good on paper I imagine,no 9-5,no dancing to anyones tune or yes sir no sir,lots of foreign travel to exotic places,large slush fund till all of the links are pulled together,lots of adrenaline to level out the boredom of the wait,incredible payday and early retirement after a couple of years work with enough cash to do what you want when you want where you want till you shuffle off this mortal coil,we can but dream.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Years ago, I cleared all the old kit out of the Department of Trade & Industry building at Victoria.

It was in the days when they still had little individual offices instead of the big, open plan spaces of today.

Something stuck with me from that job, I opened one door to check the room and there was a bloke in there sat at his desk and he looked bad!

f**k knows how old he was but his skin was grey, his eyes sunk back with his cheap f***ing suit that needed ironing......it was almost like dust had settled in the poor c**t.

He was like a walking corpse and I remember clearly (and as I say it has stuck with me to this day) thinking “f**k that!”........he will make that train journey, the tube journey and sit in that f***ing office for 40 years doing everything right and by the book, never taste the highs or lows of life, cop a gold watch have 5 years to himself and die!

Thats not living, that’s existing.......life ain’t always comfy or safe, there been weeks when it’s beans on toast and others when it’s Bond Street.......what a f***ing ride and I wouldn’t have it any other way.

• Like 9
21 minutes ago, mackem said:

Smuggler would be good on paper I imagine,no 9-5,no dancing to anyones tune or yes sir no sir,lots of foreign travel to exotic places,large slush fund till all of the links are pulled together,lots of adrenaline to level out the boredom of the wait,incredible payday and early retirement after a couple of years work with enough cash to do what you want when you want where you want till you shuffle off this mortal coil,we can but dream.

Many moons ago my good friend and flat mate had a simular dream until he delivered a package to someone who decided it was more financially beneficial to just blow his head off than pay him the 20k they had agreed, so make sure you check the small print before you apply because it's not all scar face and pulp fiction mate and delivering for Dhl is probably safer   

• Like 3
5 minutes ago, Greyman said:

Many moons ago my good friend and flat mate had a simular dream until he delivered a package to someone who decided it was more financially beneficial to just blow his head off than pay him the 20k they had agreed, so make sure you check the small print before you apply because it's not all scar face and pulp fiction mate and delivering for Dhl is probably safer   

I knew a few bloke's that went that way, was cheaper to kill them than pay them.