Just done 5K on the treadmill, night and day difference to roadwork. Hardly any pain in the legs apart from the knee, finished that and a quick 500 meter on the rower. A lot more interesting in the gym with the sights and sounds. ?

Edited by Kerny92

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Tried the bike but can'tsee how how riding a quad can help .Do I have to push it .

Does anyone else train their liver with massive amounts of alcohol? Not to failure of course! Just many reps to build stamina?

Fcuking he'll mate the way you were going on I thought you were about 83! At 33 your still wet behind the ears. Follow Birds example he's 65 but you'll never hear him complaining.....

Posted Images

On 21/05/2018 at 13:55, Born Hunter said:

Had ITB syndrome before, coupled with bouts of bursitis and the necessary down time I f****d running off as a bad idea. lol

I'd like to hit 5k a couple time a week but for me personally it spannered up any plans for lower body in the gym through niggling injury.

I had absolutely no desire to run distance, just maintain a baseline aerobic fitness. It's demoralising and I figured I could live without. So I have a bit of sympathy for those going through the same.

I think it may be ITBS, the pain has almost disappeared from my shins now after running but is now real tender on the inside of my right knee. Hopefully now my legs are getting more accustomed to running. I've been on the treadmill today which is much better on the legs.

Just now, Kerny92 said:

I think it may be ITBS, the pain has almost disappeared from my shins now after running but is now real tender on the inside of my right knee. Hopefully now my legs are getting more accustomed to running. I've been on the treadmill today which is much better on the legs.

If you're mixing this with the tipple thread then I suggest having a few medicinal sherries before getting out for a run. It'll still hurt but you won't give a f*ck.

5 minutes ago, ChrisJones said:

If you're mixing this with the tipple thread then I suggest having a few medicinal sherries before getting out for a run. It'll still hurt but you won't give a f*ck.

And then recover with an amputation. ?

1 hour ago, Kerny92 said:

I think your iliotibial band fascia runs down the outside of your leg and is felt as pain on the outside of your knee. I might be mistaken.

Edited by Born Hunter
Spelling
4 minutes ago, Born Hunter said:

I think your iliotibial band fascia runs down the outside of your leg and is felt as pain on the outside of your knee. I might be mistaken.

Yeah you're right, I've just checked and it's not that. Maybe tendonitis or Runners Knee. I just hope I'm not doing any long-term damage trying to run the thing off!

• 1 month later...
On Tuesday, May 22, 2018 at 13:13, Kerny92 said:

I stand corrected, I've just been on the official site and it states the time for men is 10 minutes and 30 seconds. I could do that no problem IMO.

7 minute  miling (is it in shorts/runner's or full army kit?)

On Wednesday, May 23, 2018 at 13:40, Kerny92 said:

Just done 4k in 19 minutes, running up some decent hills. My legs are well and truly fcuked. Tried to run it off but can't shift it, pain has worked it's way up to my knee and leg is seizing up. Looks like I'm going to have get my cardio fix from somewhere else. ?

Try and run 1k as fast as possible  now and again -improve that by seconds and your longer runs will get minutes faster. 

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...