How much do you need to function? Forget about 8 hours for me, 4-5 hours is an average night for me. When I've done a night shift 2-3 hours max. My body longs for more but i just can't do it, i guess it will take a good few years off my life. My GF's brother sleeps at least 12 hour on a regular basis, could give him a right slap hahahaha.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

5 kids. 2 with special needs. Add to that working on the door of a night club. No set pattern of sleep.I sleep when I can lol

I think some need to work abit harder during the day.office type jobs arn't you.

The watch? ?

2 minutes ago, Daniel cain said:

4/5 hrs is my average.... Anymore and I feel like shit. 

Yeah when i do occasionally get a good sleep i wake up feeling groggy but a good 8 hour is undoubtedly better than the shite we get.

Just now, Jonjon79 said:

I've never really thought about it before but, I'm anywhere between 4-6hrs.

...... I've always been an early riser in the mornings.

I'm an early riser too, the problem is I'm a late at getting settled and a very poor sleeper as well.

I never get to sleep before midnight, was shopfitting nights for 7yrs or more, used to work 4/6weeks on  all nights without a day/night off then sleep for a whole day when I got home. ... Pack a suitcase and back at it. I'm up by 5:30 am, leave for work around 6:30am and normally home by 6pm. these days. Weekends are busy with 3 children under 10 and swimming, kick boxing and cleaning /riding 2 horses. I get depressed winter months.... Only thing keeps me sane is my digging lol. The longer evenings are a god send, fish the rivers and do nighters then straight to work weekdays. Mrs walks the dogs for me on her days off and I walk them evenings and take them fishing, normally end up taking it in turns with the kids, 1 one evening and 1 another. Never enough hours in the day ? 

• Like 3

I have a terrible sleep pattern. 

Up at 2or 3 am most morning.sometimes don't sleep at all some nights. 

I have often been out with a walk with the dog at 3 or 4 am.

It's that common I often get the local cops giving me a flash of there lights as they pass lol.

My pattern gets worse as I get older.

One thing though you see hear a lot of animals scurrying around some you don't see but can hear them. Noticed roe deer are not that shy at night and see them in the unlikelenes of places. 

• Like 2

norm  7-8 hours are what i get and need, norm i get to bed about 1am   reading  this bloody thing lol , and drop off not to bad   wake about 7am for a piss , not bad for a  oap   lol. and  when ive been lamping , say i get in 3-4 am i still get 8 hours, norm i sleep well as i am tired , but take bit longer to go  off as me minds still  thinking on the night lol,  my wife good she keeps all the noise down etc, been doing for 30 years  she knows the score  .:yes:

• Like 2

only sleep 5 or 6 hours and thats fine for me... if I dont get that though im fcked all day!

my lass goes mental with me cos even after a full on night out I still wake up at 6 unless I get uber wrecked :) 

got to admit if im not busy during the day and sit down I can fall asleep any where.. down side of riving about on building sites all day!

• Like 1

I do ever changing shifts, if im up for work at 3am, I can make do with 3 or 4 hours kip then a siesta of an hour or so. If im on nights and finish at 4am, 6 hours kip is enough. But one day a week I try and get a belly full of food and get a 10 hour kip. 

• Like 1

I used to sleep well and get the 8 hrs in but when I  started getting into night shooting it sort of went into chaos.  Im so glad that others have problems with sleep patterns and it affects others. Not in a nasty way but in acknowledgement that not everyone is in bed by 10.30.  when I have written about this problem Some people have said that I need to go and seek help.  I have a problem where I don't seem to be able to go to bed until something clicks  about 1.30 and then I can go to bed. It's as if there is a doorman on the stairs door.  When I  get into bed I  fall asleep straight away. I wake up about 7 ready to go and work hard all day. After the evening meal I  keel over for about an hour,  I can't Keep My eyes open. Then I'm up and ready to work hard again. I  spoke to the quack about it and he said lots of people only need a few hours. Don't be concerned about it. But I'm concerned about long term health Implications.

• Like 1