3 hours ago, Phil Lloyd said:

:laugh: I like both breeds,..in fact, considering how few rabbits I actually catch with my wee, hedge busters, a purebred Herder would probably suit my needs.:thumbs:

Still your biggest fan 

• Haha 1

How are those with plenty of collie blood to live with day to day? Can they switch off while you do other things like a sighthound, or are they prone to chewing things they shouldn't and going nuts every time someone walks past the gate?

:hmm: I think with all Herding types, be they Borders, Beardies or their Antipodean cousins,...its best to only use those examples that are of good temperament...

To breed a steady critter, that does not exhibit foolish, manic behavior,..it is favorite, to choose your base stock carefully,..very fecking carefully...:thumbs:

• Like 3

11 hours ago, troyboy17 said:

Phil  the sire of that dog is spirit  lad the chap lives in stoke

Lol small world , so here we have it that f1border collie whippet his no other than the same lines has the beardie f1bitch . In fact spirit lad. I need all I need ta know. Of his bloodline                            i believe this we all have a bad day or two ill leave it at that my eye his still good though .phil ya own words get a collie next time round they suit you perfectly but has you say mind where you aquire thy stock bets are your little jukels got  some lines has our lads .i also know spirit Lord  another whippet from up Stoke .ill leave it at that say no more   I ain't inta embarrassing people on the net or publicly ,i prefer to leave it to there sells atb bill

Got put this up  any lane,lol chad  Harvey ,just to of the pack sometimes it's good to be of the new era not the the bull shot times lol real modern moochers ,

image.jpeg

• Like 2

Mouching, wandering, and raking about, is good training for keen young dogs, and keen young men.

Sad thing is, part of me thinks that sooner, rather than later,.due to our grossly, over-governed Island,..a bit of roustabout rabbit hunting, might be all that is left...

DSC_9664.thumb.JPG.9e2e8ee87327073251fb354b17ab5541.JPG

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Phil Lloyd said:

Mouching, wandering, and raking about, is good training for keen young dogs, and keen young men.

Sad thing is, part of me thinks that sooner, rather than later,.due to our grossly, over-governed Island,..a bit of roustabout rabbit hunting, might be all that is left ...:hmm:

I wonder in places if even the rabbit will be available, ratting and possibly a bit of squirrel bashing if we don’t get overrun with pine martins when they release them.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Phil Lloyd said:

Sad thing is, part of me thinks that sooner, rather than later,.due to our grossly, over-governed Island,..a bit of roustabout rabbit hunting, might be all that is left ...:hmm:

I would says yas right I also believe we start at the bottom rung off ladder and climb has far has we are given to go then if we lucky we finish where we started its fair ta say our islands are well and truly  gone has we knew them ,but this the thing we keep going we crack on we do not give to this democracy we fight on itt may be a thought of no return but the memories are strong and stay with us when treading the land that's given good fruitful bounties of past this we owe  the land of forefathers and we show the way fa the youngsters has the ways of the creatures hopefull some of our past rubs off on our next generation .we can only hope. Atb bill

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, forest of dean redneck said:

I wonder in places if even the rabbit will be available, ratting and possibly a bit of squirrel bashing if we don’t get overrun with pine martins when they release them.

I believe this my spots where I watch the xs bills nesting in February month ,they are few and far between ,the grey squirrels are devastating the youngsters in the nest ,if the pine marten helps to achieve a balance for indiginious  specie that's for the good I would think with a marten being indigenisation natural balance would be achieved with them,greys only good fa dog meat.atb bill

What did u mean with the cracking about spirit lad I'm only saying what I was told the dog was 18 months when I had him so I'm no wiser  but if u have anything  to say just come out and say it   don't beat about the bush

On 18/04/2018 at 10:43, Phil Lloyd said:

Nice sort of thing Troyboy...and a perfect visual example of the type,...but as I say,... I prefer a lot more Sheepdog influence in my rabbiting curs.

Possibly not to everyone's taste,.I just like them to have that quicksilver basic obedience and amazing collie sagacity...

I don't really need, out and out speed,..in fact, I find it a wee bit dangerous, when hunting in woodland, embankments, factory wastelands, etc..

Just enough, will suffice, eh...:thumbs:

IMG_0314.thumb.JPG.c9ba29e4a7696b8c89e510d81942af42.JPG

Phil I'm of the same mindset has you I prefer more collie blood in my dogs to you don't require all that speed to catch a rabbit speed kills.Regards Collie John 

• Like 1