100 meter exclusion zone

1 hour ago, Born Hunter said:

It's CJs clever (genuinely nearly gave him a like as I felt it was so good an argument) way of challenging the 'right to life' argument that is the foundation of the pro-life argument. The argument that all life is equal, even prenatal. His thought experiment attempts to show that prenatal life, embryonic at least, is not equal to an infant child's life.

It's good, I liked it. I just don't think it's the full picture, it doesn't consider suffering imo which is the cause of the apparent inequality in that thought experiment.

No I got that mate, I just think the example is coming at the argument from the wrong end.

As I understood it, in CJs example something HAS GOT to die where as in the vast majority of abortion cases NOTHING HAS to die.

In Chris example you make a choice and something lives.......whereas if you are visiting the clinic you make a choice and everything dies.

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I dont think there has ever been a thread on here thats been so testosterone driven before. I am a little reluctant to post anything tbh other than there is a need to enable women to have terminations

What a woman chooses to do to her own body has got f**k all to do with anyone...especially those self righteous c**ts that like to hang around abortion clinics preaching this, that and the other....lo

Sorry mate don't agree with that.. theyre are many reasons for abortion, some are so traumatic I don't think it is for us to judge.. some are lazy no good woman, but then would you want a child b

Posted Images

Just now, WILF said:

In Chris example you make a choice and something lives.......whereas if you are visiting the clinic you make a choice and everything dies.

I'll accept it is an asinine example but it's designed to show that even pro-life has a sliding scale of what is and isn't viable.

We could take door number three. Educate and offer affordable options for birth control. Stop stigmatising and shaming women for having sex and de-incentivise the culture of welfare that seems to exacerbate single parenthood. Maybe if we take the pragmatic (IMHO) approach we could reduce the numbers of abortions through prevention while still keeping the necessary available and safe. In the meantime, a blanket ban on abortion will not prevent abortion... This is a common theme in outlawing activities. You must see that too, my friend.

• Like 3

I don’t think a blanket ban is either realistic or indeed fair in some cases.

But as it stands getting an abortion is like buying chips.....it really is that easy.

And I think people loose sight of the fact that killing a baby is as easy as buying chips.......it should be a whole lot more weighty affair and the conditions for having one much more stringent.

Im not a fan of banning things, there’s far too much of that and plus, in the UK and across most of the world that particular Pandora’s box is already open and closing it is just not an option.

However, you should be free to disapprove and be vocal as long as it’s legal.

where it’s closed, keep it closed or at least make the criteria very limited........there’s no way something so meaningful should be regarded like a trip to the take a way.

• Like 2

You ain' no mate of mine wilf and I'll happily tel you for why ... I would not associate with the likes of you fair and simple. It's not on to abort a child but to bomb them is. Same as the comment about your comment on smacking your kid .. really pains you but you have to do it. 

Your no more than a simpleton and a hypocrit who thinks it's OK to bend the rules to suit him.

Same as your commnt about you want all dead animals removed, talk about your f***ing dummy. It' a hunting site it's bound to contain them, it doesn' need disgusting pictures of children. 

At the end of the day it' not your business or right to tell anyone f**k all, especially when you can' even form a straight opinion

• Like 1
8 hours ago, WILF said:

I don’t think a blanket ban is either realistic or indeed fair in some cases.

But as it stands getting an abortion is like buying chips.....it really is that easy.

And I think people loose sight of the fact that killing a baby is as easy as buying chips.......it should be a whole lot more weighty affair and the conditions for having one much more stringent.

Im not a fan of banning things, there’s far too much of that and plus, in the UK and across most of the world that particular Pandora’s box is already open and closing it is just not an option.

However, you should be free to disapprove and be vocal as long as it’s legal.

where it’s closed, keep it closed or at least make the criteria very limited........there’s no way something so meaningful should be regarded like a trip to the take a way.

I used to think on the same lines as you. A fairly self-centered approach to the whole thing. I was more concerned with the fact that it was so easy for these women to get an abortion, than the actual act. Just ring up and book an appointment. That really got to me. Thing is, it aint that easy for most. In fact, it must be one of the hardest decisions to make.

For the ones that dont have a problem doing it, some of which having several abortions. Would you honestly want a child to be born into that world? Would you do that to a child, and be able to sleep at night? Would you be ok with the fact that most of these kids will be uncared for and unloved? Will YOU be ok with the fact that YOU had a hand to play in that unwanted baby having a life of shit?

By the way, how many of these unwanted babies have you taken in under your wing? How many unwanted babies do you want?

Yea we all go around shouting NO to this, NO to that, but if we're asked to help sort the mess, then "its not my mess, why should i" 

f****n human race eh, rot ya!

Edited by EDDIE B
  • Like 4

The worlds full of exit doors isn’t it, what about making people stand up and take responsibility or be responsible?

As you say, human race huh 

We are talking about a life not a pair of shoes.

• Thanks 1
18 minutes ago, WILF said:

The worlds full of exit doors isn’t it, what about making people stand up and take responsibility or be responsible?

Yes its a hard pill to swollow i know. We either allow abortions, or we allow kids to be born and not loved or wanted. Often abused either mentally or physically, or both. For me, its the lesser of two evils. I do get angry at those who seem to abuse the system and dont seem to give a f**k, but the thoughts of unwaned and abused kids overrides that every time in my eye's.

• Like 3
13 hours ago, ChrisJones said:

Does anyone else see the irony in 7 pages with 100 replies, 1500+ views, in under 12 hours, on female reproductive rights where it's 100%, male correspondents?

quite right chris if the boot was on the other foot and it was the man who became pregnant there would be an abortion clinic on every street corner 

• Like 1
43 minutes ago, WILF said:

Best comment on the section wilf, thats what it boils down to, no one wants to take responsibilty for there actions, what kind of excuse is, the childs not wanted blah blah excuses excuses, they should have thought about a innocent babies life before they done the deed, thats the problem, not just for abortions.

If the mum an dad are wise enough to do the deed then there should be no excuses.

I teach my children about responsibility all the time, i dont want to hear excuses, they dont wash way me, easy way out excuses, get it done an sort out your shit, an not take the essy way out, theres an excuse for a way out for everything these days.

You're assuming they made this decision in 5mins. Unless you are a women you are speculating what they thought. .

I bet it was a hard decision for most. You pro life continue to beat the drum as if it is an easy decision and the"murder"™of kids which I think is just theoretical retorect.

Look I have no problem with you're right and even the people outside this clinic to protest. .but they should stand with their placards etc but they should not be allowed to speak directly to the women going in.

Btw pro choice has been told to stay outside the 100metres aswell which kinda implies to me it has been a f***ing circus with both sides screaming at each other and the people going in.

Why don't you stand outside Dr offices and chemists protesting against contraception or teenage boys bedroom windows telling them wanking is murder lol

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Rusty_terrier said:

Second time ive posted this link it never got much response the first time. So what do the folk who are pro life make of this ?

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/brave-woman-22-forced-abort-12336336

What a sad story I think we'll hope most in here would accept the termination. But there ones like those fanatics at that clinic would not agree regardless of the health risk. 

• Like 2