Richmond Sausages.

I've had a few sausages made from boar or venison as few of the butchers in the forest ,ross on wye,Monmouth have them in and all been nice ,the one time I had a joint of boar I didn't rate it,could be way we cooked it but it didn't appeal to me,prefer the pork from a saddleback pig.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Couple of years ago a mate and his wife looked after the dog when we went to Aussie. We bought a bulk lot of Richmond sausages for the dogs breakfast... the fcuker wouldn't touch them. My mate said do

Hi all.           I have never tasted such filth in all my life. Just cooking the rest for the dogs. Shame really as i love them dogs.

I've always said a good sausage should be cochineal coloured 

Posted Images

Couple of years ago a mate and his wife looked after the dog when we went to Aussie. We bought a bulk lot of Richmond sausages for the dogs breakfast... the fcuker wouldn't touch them. My mate said don't worry they didn't go to waste and they were bl00dy lovely... told him he could keep the rest. The dog still won't eat them.

TBH I'm not a fan of any commercial sausages which is why I first got into making sausages, and with well sourced pork and careful butchery you end up with the very best sausages.

sausages.jpg.9bf3de058cb2c8f37bad7d8de291ca41.jpg

sausages4smaller.jpg.844e818e094885692db1bef31b489295.jpg

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1
32 minutes ago, sussex said:

So just over a third is actually MEAT :icon_eek: .....         little bit less and there’d qualify as veggie sausages...:whistling:

No, you're O.K as the 10% pork fat means it's over half meat with sodium metabisulphite for extra flavour and cochineal to make it pink rather than grey. Yum Yum. 

Made my mouth water typing that. 

Sausages by there very nature are a meat source made of offal and waste from times when peasants could,nt get there hands an quality cuts of meat, like faggots, haggis,burgers and corned beef, and yet people are moaning about the ingredients of one type of sausage, if you don't want to eat shite don't eat sausages full stop, it's like saying one bit of shit is better than another bit of shit, if your worried about what meat you eat kill or rear your own and if you can't support a proper butcher in your area before he's been replaced by aldi 

3 hours ago, walshie said:

No, you're O.K as the 10% pork fat means it's over half meat with sodium metabisulphite for extra flavour and cochineal to make it pink rather than grey. Yum Yum. 

Made my mouth water typing that. 

Sounds like they came out of the chemists instead of the butchers ....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1
23 minutes ago, Greyman said:

Sausages by there very nature are a meat source made of offal and waste from times when peasants could,nt get there hands an quality cuts of meat, like faggots, haggis,burgers and corned beef, and yet people are moaning about the ingredients of one type of sausage, if you don't want to eat shite don't eat sausages full stop, it's like saying one bit of shit is better than another bit of shit, if your worried about what meat you eat kill or rear your own and if you can't support a proper butcher in your area before he's been replaced by aldi 

I think it’s more to do with the chemicals rather than the cuts or offal ...

• Like 1
19 hours ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

I really struggle with sausages and bacon. 

the cheaper they are , or the pinker they come , I’d genuinely rather go hungry !!! 

I live near the 5 winds farm butchery and the sausages there are sensational, as are they sausage roll!! 

Them sausage rolls are fkn awesome so the lamb n pork ?

1 hour ago, Lenmcharristar said:

hard to get good sausages these days I agree,  denny and the mass produced chemical crap are poor excuses and no doubt dangerous to the human being

Butchers in comber does cracking pork or beef sausages .. 

41 minutes ago, sussex said:

I think it’s more to do with the chemicals rather than the cuts or offal ...

I live downwind of the docks that import coal and export food waste, a sewerage plant and Astra Zeneca also the m5 motorway is a 100 yards away so I get my daily dose of chemicals by breathing, at least you get a nice taste in your mouth from the ones in sausages and let's be fair they even put chemicals in water so it's probably easier not to read the label and just eat what you enjoy in moderation and live an active lifestyle, that's were I am in my diet anyway 

• Like 1

Real proper sausages are nice - the farm shop on one of my permissions does their own, from their own pigs. There's a lot of meat in those, they almost fall apart when you're eating them. They taste bloody good.

But, for nice quick, simple grub, I'm well happy with Richmond or Walls - it's a kind of pork paste in a sausage skin.

They're nice off the barbecue.

4 hours ago, Mister Gain said:

Couple of years ago a mate and his wife looked after the dog when we went to Aussie. We bought a bulk lot of Richmond sausages for the dogs breakfast... the fcuker wouldn't touch them. My mate said don't worry they didn't go to waste and they were bl00dy lovely... told him he could keep the rest. The dog still won't eat them.

TBH I'm not a fan of any commercial sausages which is why I first got into making sausages, and with well sourced pork and careful butchery you end up with the very best sausages.

sausages.jpg.9bf3de058cb2c8f37bad7d8de291ca41.jpg

sausages4smaller.jpg.844e818e094885692db1bef31b489295.jpg

Those curly ones at the back look nice :thumbs: