Holidays next year.

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

caravan for me love it plenty fishing and good beaches 

the last 3 times ive went on hols the mrs ended up pregnant, spain pregnant,  America pregnant and mexico shes up the duff again, feck that I thought, next time I'm gona bring her with me

Don`t rush into it mate.

Posted Images

3 hours ago, mushroom said:

Lol aye that's what she said right before pissing off ???

Last December I booked a bloody surprise holiday for Valentine's in Seville for us both because she'd been complaining that we didn't go anywhere (I do have a 15 year old daughter to take care off ffs)... she broke up with me in January ? ended up losing the money for the flights (100quid so not much) and just thought bollocks to it I'm off... went croatia, had a mad crazy time.... now I'm hooked and tbh couldn't give a fuuck if I have a bird to share it with or not, plenty of birds to chat up wherever you go ?

Don't blame you! I spent years going to Spain on my own. Fly out, couple of bullfights, eat/drink what I wanted when I wanted. I met people from all over the world who I'm still in touch with now.  Often had a stop over in Amsterdam on the way home. 

I still have plenty of overnights on my own now but only in the UK. The minute I retire I'm off on my Spanish trips again! 

• Like 3
9 minutes ago, DIDO.1 said:

Don't blame you! I spent years going to Spain on my own. Fly out, couple of bullfights, eat/drink what I wanted when I wanted. I met people from all over the world who I'm still in touch with now.  Often had a stop over in Amsterdam on the way home. 

I still have plenty of overnights on my own now but only in the UK. The minute I retire I'm off on my Spanish trips again! 

That's it mate.... you meet people where ever you go (if you are inclined to) and have a craic. Life is way too short to hold yourself back, moping around complaining about what ifs ;)

Wish I'd done it when I was 18, instead of chasing a dream ?

• Like 3
11 hours ago, ChrisJones said:

You on the Atkins Diet, Mack? :hmm:

Going to try and eat at jai fai's next week or the week after,she is a 70 year old street food vendor,the only one with a Michelin star.:)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Interesting day today,towed on a 60 meter rope to practice my landings,got invited to a blessing of a new trike by the indian paramotor team who are here in chon buri to practice for the world championships in a few weeks time,and went up in a very old plane,STOL tail-dragger type.

P1000366.JPG

P1000396.JPG

• Like 5

Songkran celebrations in Thailand at the moment,the roads are packed when we came back to Bangkok last night,my missus is flying back home tomorrow so have to be in town till then,last Songkran 335 people died and 3506 were injured in RTA's and others were killed by having blocks of ice thrown from cars at them :blink: Yup,happy thai new year,the news this morning showed several people dead at the side of the road so its started :blink:

Should be finished my course next week so considering getting a machine here and shipping it back home,either that or buying from parajet in dorset,the guy teaching me has invited me to laos with him later in the year if I can skill up quick enough,his flight videos look incredible,watch the footage from 2.20 onwards.

P1000469.JPG

• Like 3

I have eaten insects before mate,sometimes ok'ish sometimes they taste like they look :bad: I don't think they are ever going to replace McDonalds :)

Thai new year,been soaked all day,went in a tuk-tuk,rounded a corner and some lads were abushing people,got a bucket full of water right across me as we sped past,seen one lad squirt a copper and he was instantly pulled over,they aint got a sense of humour :laugh:

P1000561.JPG

P1000593.JPG

P1000594.JPG

P1000602.JPG

• Like 2
On ‎10‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 01:11, mackem said:

Going to try and eat at jai fai's next week or the week after,she is a 70 year old street food vendor,the only one with a Michelin star.:)

Food was incredible especially her renown 2 egg crab omelette.....

P1000489.JPG

P1000491.JPG

P1000633.JPG

P1000635.JPG

• Like 5

After lunch wandered along one of the canals that are wildlife havens in the chaos that is Bangkok,saw a turtle,i think a snake and quite a few monitors biggest was maybe a shade over 3 feet?

P1000521.JPG

P1000575.JPG

P1000512.JPG

P1000507.JPG

• Like 3

Mackem Your a braver man than me eating those insects ? etc I struggle with chinese food over here & as for that paramotor malarky fair play to you wouldnt get me up in one of those bud. Did sky diving , bungee diving & paraponting when i was younger but to old & frightened now!! Atb

• Like 1
6 hours ago, mackem said:

Food was incredible especially her renown 2 egg crab omelette.....

P1000489.JPG

P1000491.JPG

P1000633.JPG

P1000635.JPG

Looks good mate, wishing I was there......made do with a plate of sardines in Lisbon.....

0921322A-D944-434D-9211-CE8395AE79D2.jpeg

• Like 3