Extinct animals

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Its all swings and roundabouts, Collard doves spread from India and across Europe  in the 30's and were unknown in the UK prior to the 50's now most think they were always here. Little Egrets  are now

Shame really. I for one will be gutted when the last of the big cats that roam our British countryside become extinct. Especially to the folk who see them regulary.  Maybe they can take some

I thought England always had a few Spoonbills ? A few years ago there was a Barred Kingfisher seen on the Irish west coast that must have been blown from North America on the gulf stream (it's no

Posted Images

9 minutes ago, socks said:

The problem with them is they are like fukcing chickens ... tame as fukc and stupid as fukc .... we do the rabbit control around the breeding pens ... this one was about 3 foot away from me .....

IMG_0576.JPG

I bet he,d look a bit like a chicken as well sat in a baking tray with no cloths on surrounded by roasters,  you can see why it went extinct in the first place really can't you simular to the dodo, big, tasty and flightless not good traits for longevity 

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, mackem said:

Thousands of ringnecked parakeets where I live,not unusual to see a hundred in a day,they nest in people's roofs and I have found  them nesting in tree holes,but they are an invasive species..post-1930-0-83195000-1497107114_thumb.jpgpost-1930-0-38260600-1474394764_thumb.jpeg

I think they are here to stay now, you can get a licence to shoot them but I can't see us getting rid of them, interestingly they recon the originals exscaped from the film set of African queen with Humphrey boggart

8 minutes ago, Greyman said:

I bet he,d look a bit like a chicken as well sat in a baking tray with no cloths on surrounded by roasters,  you can see why it went extinct in the first place really can't you simular to the dodo, big, tasty and flightless not good traits for longevity 

They can fly mate ....

15 minutes ago, Welsh_red said:

Anything can fly if you kick it hard enough :laugh:

They put turkeys down on  a shoot near me and when they fly it's like a terrodactile going through the woods and often takes a kick to get them airborne,  not in the same league as a left and right on woodcock but pretty impressive if you can drop one with a catapult 

10 minutes ago, Rusty_terrier said:

Not sure I believe in extinct animals.  Had anybody actually seen one in the wild for themselves surely if extinct animals are a real.thing somebody would have seen one  ?

Strange stance, on a global level we are driving lots of things to extinction probably on a monthly basis, it does not have to be an alpha  animal like rhino,s and tigers, insects and bugs are going at an alarming rate, if you want one to research take a look at the thylosene or Tasmanian tiger officially went extinct in about 1933 at the hands of mankind 

15 minutes ago, Greyman said:

They put turkeys down on  a shoot near me and when they fly it's like a terrodactile going through the woods and often takes a kick to get them airborne,  not in the same league as a left and right on woodcock but pretty impressive if you can drop one with a catapult 

i shot a turkey on a beaters day once it looked f***ing huge up against a kansas pheasant. best part about shooting it was watching all the labs jack on it. had to go back and pick it up myself at the end of the drive.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, mackem said:

Thousands of ringnecked parakeets where I live,not unusual to see a hundred in a day,they nest in people's roofs and I have found  them nesting in tree holes,but they are an invasive species..post-1930-0-83195000-1497107114_thumb.jpgpost-1930-0-38260600-1474394764_thumb.jpeg

Most annoying fuuckers ever! Millions of them here and smart as hell (well at least the older ones). Here's a pic from parc ciutadella a few years ago when Trevor was alive.

FB_IMG_1433844936714.jpg

• Like 1
18 minutes ago, mushroom said:

Most annoying fuuckers ever! Millions of them here and smart as hell (well at least the older ones). Here's a pic from parc ciutadella a few years ago when Trevor was alive.

FB_IMG_1433844936714.jpg

Don't think that's a ringneck looks like a quaker to me. Smaller but just as annoying and noisy.

• Like 1