Clothes

7 hours ago, Welsh_red said:

I take issue with trades slightly.  Problem these days is nobody wants to pay for the time it takes to produce quality . As soon as your in their house their asking how long your going to be and how much 

A lad from work occasionally shows me screenshots from FB from a group that collects interactions between sellers and buyers. Usually things like Craigslist and even some professional tradesmen offering their skills.

It usually goes along this format...

• Buyer approaches seller and asks for a quote.
  • Seller responds asking for a rough outline of the job.
  • Buyer responds with details.
  • Seller offers a quote detailing what is involved based on that information. How long the job will take and how much they're willing to charge, etc.
  • Buyer responds saying that it's too expensive and why it should either cost much less or be entirely free because of their personal circumstances.
  • Seller responds with "Well that's the price. Take it or leave it"
  • Buyer concludes with a massive insult laced rant into how the seller is a knob and usually concludes with "Well I didn't want it in the first place."

Again this is so commonplace that people are taking screenshots of the interactions and posting them in what are now dedicated internet forums for the amusement of others all the way down to name and shame.

I understand how haggling works but I don't understand is where the ranting comes in. If you don't like the terms you're more than welcome to shop around but to rant at the seller because you don't want to pay that much is plain daft.

As we've seen on GT in the last 48 hours there seems to be this cognitive disconnect once someone is behind a screen and not dealing with people in person. Where the anonymous poster thinks it's absolutely acceptable to be a complete c*nt because they don't have the nerve/intention of dealing with the other person to their face.

This isn't a new thing but it's becoming much more common. People are simply dicks.

• Like 1

• Replies 404
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Bought some gear off Wilf cause image is everything

Got my nephew's daughter these.Nike airs and Tim's ?    

Strange question but if I must, it has allowed me to live mortgage free, for the last seven years and work two or three days a week instead of seven as I used to, I own everything that's mine and have

Posted Images

Just now, peterhunter86 said:

I think that Cnut was a member on here recently 

It seems to be pretty commonplace. Again there are dedicated forums up to posting these kinds of screenshots and while they range from funny to depressing you can deal with people in public who probably wouldn't say this to your face but would be quite happy to once behind the comfort of a keyboard and probably after a few libations.

Another lad I work with doesn't strike me as a PM ninja but on numerous occasions, he's done intensive internet research for all kinds of work for home improvement because he won't pay a time-served tradesman because of the cost. Every single time he's f*ck*d up the job (the bathroom tiling he did still have us in stitches) and every single time he's been strongarmed by his wife into getting it fixed by a reputable tradesman because it looked sh*t. He's lost money 100% of the time because of this mentality.

The last one was when he sold his house. He didn't want a realtor (estate agent for the non-Yanks) to sell his old house because of their commission charges. He put a free ad on Craigslist. Stuck a sign in the front yard that said: "For Sale: (702) XXX-XXXX." The only phone calls he got were from realtors offering to sell his house.

The town he lives in is booming. It's a seller's market. Houses are selling in around 10 days and the recent construction can't keep up with demand. His was on the market for 18 months! As he started to realise his strategy wasn't working (more likely his wife was pushing him because they still lived there) he called in a realtor. He was haggling with their commission rates asking them to charge less because he didn't think their time was worth money. They laugh and hang up.

He eventually sold his house. He paid full whack. It went from listing to under contract in 2 days. Paperwork was completed within the week.

You can't fix stupid.

• Like 4
12 minutes ago, ChrisJones said:

It seems to be pretty commonplace. Again there are dedicated forums up to posting these kinds of screenshots and while they range from funny to depressing you can deal with people in public who probably wouldn't say this to your face but would be quite happy to once behind the comfort of a keyboard and probably after a few libations.

Another lad I work with doesn't strike me as a PM ninja but on numerous occasions, he's done intensive internet research for all kinds of work for home improvement because he won't pay a time-served tradesman because of the cost. Every single time he's f*ck*d up the job (the bathroom tiling he did still have us in stitches) and every single time he's been strongarmed by his wife into getting it fixed by a reputable tradesman because it looked sh*t. He's lost money 100% of the time because of this mentality.

The last one was when he sold his house. He didn't want a realtor (estate agent for the non-Yanks) to sell his old house because of their commission charges. He put a free ad on Craigslist. Stuck a sign in the front yard that said: "For Sale: (702) XXX-XXXX." The only phone calls he got were from realtors offering to sell his house.

The town he lives in is booming. It's a seller's market. Houses are selling in around 10 days and the recent construction can't keep up with demand. His was on the market for 18 months! As he started to realise his strategy wasn't working (more likely his wife was pushing him because they still lived there) he called in a realtor. He was haggling with their commission rates asking them to charge less because he didn't think their time was worth money. They laugh and hang up.

He eventually sold his house. He paid full whack. It went from listing to under contract in 2 days. Paperwork was completed within the week.

You can't fix stupid.

My favourite saying ...... You can't fix stupid I bloody love it

• Haha 1
3 hours ago, Greyman said:

I hate people that tell me how long a job will take me to do and normally just pie them off,  tip for the day if you do patches get a refina plastic trowel the one with the sponge behind the blade, I can even match the wallpaper pattern with mine it's the bollacks 

My brother seen plastic trowels in Germany . Cheers for the link. Will he handy to use.  I got 2x marshsltowns which are ace but very rigid 

On ‎01‎/‎09‎/‎2018 at 13:51, Rusty_terrier said:

New wheels

20180901_121723.jpg

They actually look quite smart,i looked for them in several shops yesterday didn't see them,most trainers nowadays look a bit naff and tacky,going to Gunwharf quays in Portsmouth today to the shopping outlet to have a brows,did get some aftershave yesterday that my missus bought me aventus creed,really nice.

Just now, Rusty_terrier said:

My mrs got me them from nike online i think.  That creed aftershave is the best ive came across but too pricey for me. Im using dior sauvage just now its quite nice.

I will have a look at nike online thanks :thumbs: I have sauvage in the bathroom,its very nice,creed is way out of my price bracket but my missus got me it,she loves the smell :thumbs:

• Like 1