Take A Knee

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Look what happened to those two who wouldn't bend the knee to khaleesi!

I'm quite a big NFL fan, I've followed it quite keenly for years, what I will say is that the man who founded the movement, Colin kapernick is absolutely shite   I'm not a fan of politics into spor

Posted Images

I'm quite a big NFL fan, I've followed it quite keenly for years, what I will say is that the man who founded the movement, Colin kapernick is absolutely shite

I'm not a fan of politics into sport, the last thing the NFL needs is to attempt to take the morale high ground, with its recent history of murderers, wife beaters and the support for the total lowlife Michael vick

Can't really pass comment on the situation as I'm not American and don't really have street smarts on the day to day reality of #blacklivesmatter but what I will say is that a lot of people have died in recent years for that flag and for a shower of overpaid lucky men who play a relatively unskilled game to not stand up for old glory is a slap in the face for those young men who spilled blood in Afghan in their name

• Like 4

How long before twats over here are doing it

its been done already,but not taken the knee, refusing to wear the poppy.james maclean

didn't he turn his back also

not too sure all i know is that he refused to wear the poppy.its easy for me to comment living in the south of ireland but he was living in the hearth of the troubles up north.

its been done already,but not taken the knee, refusing to wear the poppy.james maclean

not too sure all i know is that he refused to wear the poppy.its easy for me to comment living in the south of ireland but he was living in the hearth of the troubles up north.

Local lad, james is a sound fella.

• Like 2

I'm quite a big NFL fan, I've followed it quite keenly for years, what I will say is that the man who founded the movement, Colin kapernick is absolutely shite

I'm not a fan of politics into sport, the last thing the NFL needs is to attempt to take the morale high ground, with its recent history of murderers, wife beaters and the support for the total lowlife Michael vick

Can't really pass comment on the situation as I'm not American and don't really have street smarts on the day to day reality of #blacklivesmatter but what I will say is that a lot of people have died in recent years for that flag and for a shower of overpaid lucky men who play a relatively unskilled game to not stand up for old glory is a slap in the face for those young men who spilled blood in Afghan in their name

the playing of the anthem is a new thing before games.the U S army paid the nfl big bucks to play it before games.

Local lad, james is a sound fella.
sounds it
  • Like 1

But Trump only inflames the situation, and gives legitimacy to their pointless protests, when he call them all "sons of bitches" !

The lefties, liberals (call them what you like) will keep coming up with grievances, real and imagined, and guess what ? Trump will take the bait !

kaepernick sat on the bench first during the anthem,he was advised that taking a knee was more respectful.it was an ex army man from his team that said it to him.

As we mentioned on the Trump thread this taking a knee has been going on since early 2016. Kaepernick started it and there were a handful of people doing it until Donnie started gobbing off. :laugh:

He's taken it global. Genius or lunatic depending on your view on the matter. :laugh:

The flag and the anthem are the embodiment of the Constitution. The protest is constitutionally protected. No government policy should be above criticism. While I also find it distasteful it's free speech. The irony of millionaire sports stars complaining about inequality isn't lost on me either but recent events have bubbled over to the point where this will become commonplace. Don's sent it out globally.

• Like 1

I think politics should be kept out of sport. It gets rimmed down your throat enough outside of it. I'd hurt them where it hurts - in the pocket and avoid paying money to watch games with players that subvert it to a political cause.

• Like 1

Look I think trump is a bit of a twat but its took a bit of a twat to expose the pure munipulated control the world was under he's thrown a brick through the window :laugh: and I like him for that :thumbs:

Thrown a brick through the window? Haha........

....more like kicked his ball over the fence & accidentally cracked a pain of glass on a greenhouse, but won't admit it to his neighbour.......haha

I am one of those who had high hopes for The Donald.....

America has had unpopular Presidents in the past - Richard Nixon and Jimmy Carter spring to mind - but Trump seems determined to plumb new depths. As unpopular as Carter was, there was always respect for the fact that he held the office of President.

Trump is not only making himself more and more unpopular personally, but he is bringing the office he holds into contempt !

He is showing himself to be a charmless, witless oaf, with no strategic thinking, and little ability to foresee the consequences of his actions, but shows a tremendous talent for making a terrible situation even worse !

Very well put Blackbriar ;-)

I am one of those who had high hopes for The Donald.....

America has had unpopular Presidents in the past - Richard Nixon and Jimmy Carter spring to mind - but Trump seems determined to plumb new depths. As unpopular as Carter was, there was always respect for the fact that he held the office of President.

Trump is not only making himself more and more unpopular personally, but he is bringing the office he holds into contempt !

He is showing himself to be a charmless, witless oaf, with no strategic thinking, and little ability to foresee the consequences of his actions, but shows a tremendous talent for making a terrible situation even worse !

Very well put Blackbriar ;-)

Thank you - I made some sense..........for once !

• Like 1