• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I was gifted a Saluki in saudi, and when it died, the guy sent me a Doberman as a replacement. Not a breed I would otherwise have had, but it would have been churlish and disrespectful to have re

Had one years ago it was mental..... It was like having Mr blobby in the house clumsiest thing I've ever seen

That's ideal for most isn't it?   last thing you want is some courier dropping a package down the side of the house or a kid who's climbed your fence after a football getting badly injured,or worse.

Posted Images

Like a lot of guarding breeds they are now a poor imitation of what they once were.

I looked for a decent shepherd, rotweiller etc for ages, Christ there's some shite out there.

I opted for a boerboel, looks the part and a very switched on guard.

Probably one of the few remaining breeds not totally fcuked up that can still do a bit.

spot on mate , :thumbs: like i said on my post the Boerboel is prob the best of the guard breeds out there today . But the thing puts me off them is the price , and you still get health probs with them , and the other breeds rotties,gsd,mastiffs , bullmastiffs, dobs etc if i really wanted a pet and guard dog , i get a well bred gsd from proper working lines East Europe , with these you get good more healthy and good solid temp, a nice male pup be spot on and alot cheaper than a Boerboel , you get good gsd for £ 600-800 quid .

I landed lucky mate, I got my bitch at 11mths old and paid £500.00 due to the original owners ill health, he was more interested in getting the bitch a good home than recouping his money. I like her but I doubt I would have paid much more and I couldn't justify nearly £2000.00 for a yard dog.

• Like 1

Dutch shepherd, I've just got a pup and if its anything like the parents, good luck getting into my house.....

If you do, best of luck getting out.

You'll often find them sorts will be friendly until there told to bite not often you see one that will work for itself.

Like anything a dog is more a deterrent or an alarm these days ??

Dutch shepherd, I've just got a pup and if its anything like the parents, good luck getting into my house.....

You'll often find them sorts will be friendly until there told to bite not often you see one that will work for itself.

Like anything a dog is more a deterrent or an alarm these days

That's ideal for most isn't it?

last thing you want is some courier dropping a package down the side of the house or a kid who's climbed your fence after a football getting badly injured,or worse.

I've always liked the big lazy,sensible mastiffs,i'm just not made of money so don't fancy the vet bills.

• Like 2

Like anything a dog is more a deterrent or an alarm these days

That's ideal for most isn't it?

last thing you want is some courier dropping a package down the side of the house or a kid who's climbed your fence after a football getting badly injured,or worse.

I've always liked the big lazy,sensible mastiffs,i'm just not made of money so don't fancy the vet bills.

Maybe another mans meat is another mans poison and all that.

If you go down the import route be careful where you source it from,my mate had a czech?import doberman,cropped ears the lot,very smart looking animal....at 13 months it flew at his missus for no reason ,he got in the middle and ended up with about 40 stitches in his forearms.Hes an experienced owner with two others so not a novice so to speak.On the subject of dobermans ,was out with the lurcher last night and bumped into a fella walking a blue/tan pup,smart looking thing,he,d imported it.Not seen a blue one since the eighties...

Sounds like a staffy would be perfect for you. Great pets , loyal as they come and would defo look after the family

My last one was a diamond !

Rolled around on the floor with small kids, they'd chase her round the garden, a proper softie...but that little dog was afraid of nothing and no-one, and would defend those kids with her life, if needs be !

One of the grandkids used to sleep in the dog bed with her !

• Like 2

My mate had a bull mastiff that was soft as shite with all family and kids but used to nearly smash the gate when strangers came close. That thing was scary if you were wrong side of the fence. I wanted one when we moved here but misus wanted a lab....I dont need to fill the rest of the story in.

• Like 2

Ever thought of a batshit crazy collie from a batshit crazy isolated farmer in either wales or Cumbria?

The only dogs I've ever seen try to eat tyres that we're still attached to a moving car at around 20mph!

I wouldn't get out the van until it was tied up!

Matt