Sign in to follow this  
Mat_Dawg

First Dog For Lamping

Im looking for a dog for lamping maybe ferreting if I ever get into it but unsure of the breed I should get.

I had a collie cross when I was younger so I've got a thing for collies, I'd like to keep some of their traits in my dog. I've been looking at Hancocks collie cross greyhounds but I'm feeling abit uneasy after reading a few things.

What sort of dog should I be looking out for guys? I'm open to ideas

Thanks

just go for a pup / dog from proven parents that catching rabbits day/night, with some collie in in its mix.Collie can be strong gene in a x, and a 1/4 plenty to give brains and speed agility lurcher x lurcher there some very good dogs out there :thumbs:

• Like 2

My mate has a litter pal he has 4 pups left the dam is Beddie grey bull grey 24" but only a touch of bull in her, sire 1st cross Beddie whippet 22". I know it's not a collie cross but will be handy little dogs. The parents are good grafters. Atb Adam

• Like 2

most lurchers will do what you want, just find a genuine litter from working parents.

preferably doing what you want thye pup to do ,then just go with what you like.

• Like 3

Thanks for your ideas guys. Still undecided ATM but deffo got more of an idea now.

Also would only be looking to lamp rabbits

Get whatever dog you want/have your heart set on, if you get something different it'll never be your whatever you really want

• Like 3

another call for the a 1\4 beddy 3\4 whip

Irellivant

you be warned once before mate don't say I didn't try

My mate has a litter pal he has 4 pups left the dam is Beddie grey bull grey 24" but only a touch of bull in her, sire 1st cross Beddie whippet 22". I know it's not a collie cross but will be handy little dogs. The parents are good grafters. Atb Adam

They sound ideal for the lad. If I was after a dog I'd be looking at these.
  • Like 2