Bbc Hunting Agenda ?

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Quite right. I think a lot of it is down to "he who shouts loudest..." When I started out with lurchers thirty years ago I got the impression, from the books available at the time, that we needed to b

There's an awful lot who will dismiss Beefy's idea on grounds of cruelty, animal abuse and all the usual bollox arguments.....then they'll nip of to Tesco, for a bit more cellophane wrapped, antibioti

I wouldn't worry about the antis, their agenda is well known. The most worrying part is the back stabbing amongst the different field sports instead of supporting each other's country pursuits to the

I get the impression that Adam Henson has a sensible outlook.

There was a feature he did on TB and the link to badgers on Countryfile several years ago and although he delivered both sides of the debate you got the distinct impression he was heavily in favour of one course of action.

• Like 1

There's an awful lot who will dismiss Beefy's idea on grounds of cruelty, animal abuse and all the usual bollox arguments.....then they'll nip of to Tesco, for a bit more cellophane wrapped, antibiotic filled chicken to stuff down their kids.

• Like 6

There's an awful lot who will dismiss Beefy's idea on grounds of cruelty, animal abuse and all the usual bollox arguments.....then they'll nip of to Tesco, for a bit more cellophane wrapped, antibiotic filled chicken to stuff down their kids.

Quite right. I think a lot of it is down to "he who shouts loudest..." When I started out with lurchers thirty years ago I got the impression, from the books available at the time, that we needed to be secretive about what we did and keep things close to our chest. Unfortunately, while we are all doing that, those who know nothing about it but can shout loudly (like Packham, May etc) dish out a false diatribe and everyone assumes they're right.

As soon as I started admitting to what I did I was amazed at how many people were actually in favour...usually with comments like, "Wow, really? I used to go ferreting with my granddad when I was little."

The problem is when you hit the brick wall of public opinion based on the "simple" point of view that "it's cruel."

• Like 8

There a FB page called "Lisa's Shooting and Hunting Experience" - a young mum who has given up buying meat, and shoots or traps all her meat. She hunts only with permission, and breaks no laws.......

Press coverage has increased the abuse and trolling that she suffers to such a point that she has given up the page. She has a large following, and probably more who read her items, but the vitriol, hatred and threats are genuinely appalling.....against someone who wants to take care of herself, improve the quality of her children's food, and is doing it perfectly legally !

It wouldn't be tolerated on any other grounds, but will the peretrators be found and prosecuted ? I doubt it very much.......

• Like 1

The public opinion is being swayed by biased reporting from the BBC, I have said it before we are a minority, and are actively discriminated against by the media, who fail to report in a impartial, or fair manner and swim in our license fee money, they are too comfortable in their jobs, they think they are untouchable, it's time they were made to earn there money and take the licsence fee money off them, I am dammed sure the NHS, could do with it,

Good old botham stick it to them Ian

Edited by 3175darren

There a FB page called "Lisa's Shooting and Hunting Experience" - a young mum who has given up buying meat, and shoots or traps all her meat. She hunts only with permission, and breaks no laws.......

Press coverage has increased the abuse and trolling that she suffers to such a point that she has given up the page. She has a large following, and probably more who read her items, but the vitriol, hatred and threats are genuinely appalling.....against someone who wants to take care of herself, improve the quality of her children's food, and is doing it perfectly legally !

It wouldn't be tolerated on any other grounds, but will the peretrators be found and prosecuted ? I doubt it very much.......

Every single hunting 'celebrity' (for lack of a better word) on social media suffers the same shit. I think a Spanish girl killed herself last month over the abuse.

People are real brave behind their phones. You either need a thick skin or to keep off social media.

• Like 2

Beefy's a good one, he's always been on our side and fair play to him for saying not to listen to Cwis Packham.

spot on neil , he says's it for what it really is, fair play , beefy always liked shooting clays and game, and is all for hunting controlling rabbits, hares, foxes , he deff on the hunters side :thumbs::yes::yes:

• Like 1

It's hard to argue in favour of hunting with a lot of anti hunters as their arguments are driven by emotion rather than reason. When you strip back their reasons for for being against hunting, the cruelty aspect often disappears, and it becomes "I don't like hunting as it isn't nice".

I listened to a programme on radio two last week were an idiot woman from peta argued with a dairy farmer about how cruel it is to drink milk, it was quite clear the host and the programme were on her side, yet in reality 1 percent of the population drink soya or almond milk in comparison to 99 percent that drink cows milk, so what chance does anyone that likes to hunt have against this giant liberal agenda driving machine that we are forced to fund, BBC = big, bunch of c**ts

• Like 3