• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Tbh i don't like them but that's kinda cruel. Shoot the fuckers but dont torture them.

Aye there a menace. Some are f***ing huge!

Fukcin flying shit factories I hate them.

Leave them some treats covered in really hot chilli sauce.

Not really going to do much against any bird, chilli peppers evolved to be eaten by birds alone as a way of spreading their seeds, the heat is to stop mammals eating them and chewing the seeds. Birds are unaffected by capsaicin.. :thumbs:

I don't think they can be encouraged to go away mate - gulls can be pretty tenacious.

There's some old bag a few doors away from me that feeds them ...... I hate them, they shit everywhere - on the can, the washing, the windows.

You can guarantee that if I shot one, she'd have the old bill straight round.

As already said, black backed gulls are on the GL now but, there are conditions.

Could you put netting over the dogs feeding area?

I suppose if a gull got tangled, it could be euthanised, bagged and binned :thumbs:

Not really going to do much against any bird, chilli peppers evolved to be eaten by birds alone as a way of spreading their seeds, the heat is to stop mammals eating them and chewing the seeds. Birds are unaffected by capsaicin.. :thumbs:
Yes that's why parrot food has chilli in an the African grey hen I had would eat doner meat smeared in chilli sauce.
  • Like 2

Not sure if any truth in it but, while out sea fishing skipper said if fed with alkaseltzer they explode?

He did talk a lot though :)

Also heard similar if they eat packet/dried mash potato

Cheers, D.

A lot of folk will tell you that to stop a hen eating her eggs fill an egg with chilli and she'll stop.

It doesn't work for the reasons you've just described.

Fecking smart arse.......:yes:

• Like 1