8 minutes ago, dave88 said:

The whole 'pictures or it didnt happen' attitude seems to be a trend on THL. I dunno about everyone else but i go out and forget my phone all the time when im out and about...even when i have it i dont walk round with it constantly in my hand. 

Plus with age comes a thing called deafness and though I,m not stone deaf in comparison to young people I do miss as many calls as I answer, I only have it for work and the fact I spend nights out of the house so it's nice to be able to be contacted by the misses if she,s worried about things, I leave my phone in my van a lot as well as I don't really want to talk about work on evenings and weekends 

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I will donate this camera to your cat hunting if you would like it  lumix fz72 60x zoom 

Was out for a walk with the dogs this morning, bumped into a fellow I sort of know through a lot of common interests we often stop for a chat,he hunts a bit and likes his old cars I have something for

Just re reading the whole thread and you’ve come under some real stick mate .Apologies for my part .Doesn’t mean I’m a believer just embarrassing some of the comments 

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

I can hand in heart say that iv seen some seriously special things out in country side mate, working dogs  an just being out, an pics never once entered my mind, most of the guys I know take an share lots of pics an I very rarely do, but they all k ow I’m still out as they come or been or whatever,  it’s that bad I can have breeders of the dogs I own here asking for pics an I’ll go out, take a pic or 2, summat will happen an phone will get dumped in my pocket till I find it again after day finished ? iv let some cracking fish go an then realised I had me phone but it never bothered me, had a brownie of a lifetime this summer with 2 mates watching an they both offered to take pics but I let it go straight  away to try an make sure he lived, lost couple real nice dogs without any decent pics of them aswell but I can live with that as I’m usually too wrapped up in the actual moment to try an record it for the future ??

You took a pic at the racecourse.

• Haha 3

Aye but we're not talking about stumbling across something in the country side and then running home to get a ?. I myself saw a stag in Sunday that would have been a cracking pic. But left my fone in the house it happens. But you have a big cat in a cage not native to here and a beautiful creature at that. You're not going to go out you're way to take a pic. Or better still go tell a mate family member and say "you gotta see this" .. you must be fukn retarded not to!

You can't just call people retarded because they don't follow your agenda, try to accept that some people actually think outside the scothunter box and for a million reasons you may never have encountered in your life, it's what makes for an interesting and colourful life mate, the guy who owns the cat has nothing to gain from sticking pics and info everywhere of how he failed to look after a dangerous animal that many of his neighbours would like to see gone but everything to loose what would you do if it was your cat? 

1 hour ago, scothunter said:

Even if I didn't own a smartphone .I can assure you if I caught a leopard in a cage I would go and find someone with a camera or phone to take the pic before I handed it over. And I would 100% guarantee anyone else would aswell.

How can you say that, I know I certainly would, as would all of my close mates I hunt and shoot with, but I can guarantee you I know at least two people who wouldn't, one of them would more likely go home and get a gun, but certainly not a camera, I doubt he even owns one.

23 minutes ago, scothunter said:

Im talking bout the farmer who trapped it not the guy who owns it. 

But there could be a number of reasons he never wanted to show it, he may have been payed, he may be related, he may be a raving homo and have a deep and meaningful relationship with the owner, or he may just be an old farmer who just wants it gone what I,m talking bout is you calling people retards without ever bothering to find out more, I know very little about this case as its not really of interest to me, but I would still have the decency to find out a few facts before I started calling people a liar and retard, but that's another luxury afforded to you by the Internet as I doubt you go round in the real world  calling everyone a retard and a liar if they are on another page from yourself ? 

• Like 1
30 minutes ago, Rabid said:

How can you say that, I know I certainly would, as would all of my close mates I hunt and shoot with, but I can guarantee you I know at least two people who wouldn't, one of them would more likely go home and get a gun, but certainly not a camera, I doubt he even owns one.

Fair point mate. Maybe a100% was a bit exaggerated.

I havent read hardly any of this topic,but its good to go looking,keeps ya mind ticking over.ive seen some rare stuff about,not the yeti but nice to see,even got a cinamon badger mount here taken locally.

2 hours ago, dave88 said:

The whole 'pictures or it didnt happen' attitude seems to be a trend on THL. I dunno about everyone else but i go out and forget my phone all the time when im out and about...even when i have it i dont walk round with it constantly in my hand. 

I hear that. I don't have a mobile and I don't always take a camera out when I'm walking the dogs. Even when I do take the camera I'm usually too preoccupied to sit behind a viewfinder for every step of the journey. I actually like to take it in the traditional way! The last time I tried to take a picture of a troat I caught in the middle of nowhere I dropped the camera in the river trying to balance Kodak moment and not stressing the fish. Last time the dog got sprayed by a skunk the last thing on my mind was seeing whether to use the zoom or the wide lens for the best shot! :laugh:

I managed to take 3 pictures on a hog hunt after I'd shot a 300lbs charging boar. The adrenaline was pumping that hard that the pics were worthless, so why even mention it... It didn't happen, right? :thumbs:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

BBC story from today says it was recaptured within the outer compound. Of course the Daily Fail chose not to include that part of the quote, "journalism" at it's finest :laugh:

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-cornwall-42706812

Devon and Cornwall Police said they "were informed by the owner of a clouded leopard that his animal had escaped its inner compound".

Upon arrival they found the animal in its outer compound where it was recaptured.

Police officers said they "were then informed by a local farmer that the leopard had broken out of its compound and had allegedly attacked some of his sheep".

• Like 2
  • paulus locked this topic
  • paulus unlocked this topic