7 hours ago, king said:

And he done that in 2 weeks mate..

People been looking in the uk for 20yrs and still found feck all ?? and yet they are still convinced. 1 even says there's a breeding population of 1000 ?? and he still can't get a decent picture..

Two weeks, found an extinct leopard,he could hardly speak with excitement, I thought he was going to cry, lots of emotion in his voice, very good program, he even put bait and a trail cam 20 feet up a tree,he got the elusive footage after 12 days I think, the final two days he spread hair traps around the forest to try and get DNA but failed at that BUT he has vowed to go back for DNA proof. 

• Like 3

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I will donate this camera to your cat hunting if you would like it  lumix fz72 60x zoom 

Was out for a walk with the dogs this morning, bumped into a fellow I sort of know through a lot of common interests we often stop for a chat,he hunts a bit and likes his old cars I have something for

Just re reading the whole thread and you’ve come under some real stick mate .Apologies for my part .Doesn’t mean I’m a believer just embarrassing some of the comments 

Posted Images

Sardines the super bait!!!! At last, the missing ingredient, I’m sure we can excuse Greyman and his colleagues for a few days as they will be noted by their absence whilst they tour their camera traps loaded tins of John West. If it took just two weeks for an extinct leopard most certainly, we will be inundated with films of the Exmoor beast, Dartmoor tigers and the lock ness monster within days…

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
10 minutes ago, sandymere said:

Sardines the super bait!!!! At last, the missing ingredient, I’m sure we can excuse Greyman and his colleagues for a few days as they will be noted by their absence whilst they tour their camera traps loaded tins of John West. If it took just two weeks for an extinct leopard most certainly, we will be inundated with films of the Exmoor beast, Dartmoor tigers and the lock ness monster within days…

Anchovies are a better bait imo, don't even reach the sea bed quite often

• Haha 1
12 hours ago, king said:

And he done that in 2 weeks mate..

People been looking in the uk for 20yrs and still found feck all ?? and yet they are still convinced. 1 even says there's a breeding population of 1000 ?? and he still can't get a decent picture..

13 hours ago, mackem said:

OK, watching a program "Extinct or Alive" the premise being the presenter and crew travel the world looking to prove animals thought extinct may still be alive.The guy goes to zanzibar to search for the zanzibar leopard which is extinct, he has two weeks and 20 trail cams.Sets out sardines as bait on the ground, first night gets what looks like a cat but turns out to be a zanzibar servaline genet, never filmed before by anyone, ever. Week later baits up with meat,reviews the footage, holy shit, there it is, the now unextinct zanzibar leopard, no blurry footage, no mistaken identity, its a genuine zanzibar leopard walking in front of the camera ?

And if he put his footage up on here you’d still call him a liar, it’s just what you like to do, plus he’s on a small island with lots of financial support , I said somewhere very early on in this thread science is happy to call things extinct when it gets a bit hard to find, a cat deemed extinct for 90 odd years has been filmed in Chernobyl as well still makes no difference to me or what I do ?

2 minutes ago, Greyman said:

And if he put his footage up on here you’d still call him a liar, it’s just what you like to do, plus he’s on a small island with lots of financial support , I said somewhere very early on in this thread science is happy to call things extinct when it gets a bit hard to find, a cat deemed extinct for 90 odd years has been filmed in Chernobyl as well still makes no difference to me or what I do ?

I watched Jeromy wade fishing for some extinct kind of catfish in the channels that fed the number 4 reactor the very one that had the meltdown at Chernobyl the other night, And yes he did manage to catch one. It was glowing bright green, mind ?

4 minutes ago, Greyman said:

And if he put his footage up on here you’d still call him a liar, it’s just what you like to do, plus he’s on a small island with lots of financial support , 

Small island hunting for an extinct cat that was presumed gone for 20+ years, cats are seen here on a weekly basis. 

Small production crew it's the basic trail cams that did the work, not cash, the cams aren't top spec. 

It's impossible to call him a liar, the crystal clear footage is a leopard, no ifs, no buts, no maybes, its a zanzibar leopard. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
4 minutes ago, paulus said:

I watched Jeromy wade fishing for some extinct kind of catfish in the channels that fed the number 4 reactor the very one that had the meltdown at Chernobyl the other night, And yes he did manage to catch one. It was glowing bright green, mind ?

Wels catfish, good program ?

45 minutes ago, Greyman said:

It took the lad less than 2 weeks to capture what was thought was an extinct leopard...less than 2 weeks mate..

Now all the sightings in the uk and that so called expert claiming there's a 1000 breeding in the uk..and yet years and years later not 1 single picture...

Its makes you think a bit mate..

• Like 1
48 minutes ago, Greyman said:

Re the film, from the footage I for one wouldn't call him a liar, looks to be a leopard. Plus we have prior plausibility in that they are native to the islands. if we had verified footage from the UK I'd be excited to think we had at least one big cat.

The island is about the size of Dartmoor and Exmoor combined, although heavily forested unlike the moors, yet people can walk in and get footage in two weeks with basic camera traps, not fuzzy images of indiscernible black creature or distance film of cattus domesticus. Yet in 50 years we can't get a single image from Dartmoor or Exmoor in spite of the myriad of camera traps, study etc. One can only conclude either people in the UK are absolutely shite naturalist or there are no big cats.?

• Haha 1
14 minutes ago, sandymere said:

Re the film, from the footage I for one wouldn't call him a liar, looks to be a leopard. Plus we have prior plausibility in that they are native to the islands. if we had verified footage from the UK I'd be excited to think we had at least one big cat.

The island is about the size of Dartmoor and Exmoor combined, although heavily forested unlike the moors, yet people can walk in and get footage in two weeks with basic camera traps, not fuzzy images of indiscernible black creature or distance film of cattus domesticus. Yet in 50 years we can't get a single image from Dartmoor or Exmoor in spite of the myriad of camera traps, study etc. One can only conclude either people in the UK are absolutely shite naturalist or there are no big cats.?

The island has twice the population density of the UK yet the cat remained undetected until filmed,the UK has daily or multiple weekly sightings but no film, those cams of his are basic trail-cams, the bait he put out cost 30 dollars, if it is big budget its in the editing/production but the real info, the gem, is that footage from a 100 bucks trailcam, and anyone can get one of those and stick a chip in surely? 

• Like 2
WWW.INSIDEEDITION.COM

Wildlife biologists captured the Zanzibar leopard on camera while filming the new...

"I do not have genetic evidence that this is the Zanzibar leopard. What I have is a leopard on a trail camera."

Reckon he could've been mistaken?

4 minutes ago, MH1 said:
WWW.INSIDEEDITION.COM

Wildlife biologists captured the Zanzibar leopard on camera while filming the new...

"I do not have genetic evidence that this is the Zanzibar leopard. What I have is a leopard on a trail camera."

Reckon he could've been mistaken?

That's why he put out the hair traps, DNA, the only leopard on zanzibar was the zanzibar leopard, to prove the leopard he caught on Cam is the real deal and not a cat someone has released from the mainland he needs DNA to match with the 6 known zanzibar leopard skins in existence,he is a scientist so wants 100% provenance. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • paulus locked this topic