• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I will donate this camera to your cat hunting if you would like it  lumix fz72 60x zoom 

Was out for a walk with the dogs this morning, bumped into a fellow I sort of know through a lot of common interests we often stop for a chat,he hunts a bit and likes his old cars I have something for

Just re reading the whole thread and you’ve come under some real stick mate .Apologies for my part .Doesn’t mean I’m a believer just embarrassing some of the comments 

Posted Images

13 minutes ago, mackem said:

The guy who runs the podcast has skin in the game, he needs the subject to have traction,interest sells books. 

Screenshot_20221123_122232_com.android.chrome_edit_11348435381601.jpg

I think he believes in the existence. But some of them guests I'd not trust to give me the correct time

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, smithie said:

I think he believes in the existence. But some of them guests I'd not trust to give me the correct time

I think he NEEDS to believe,he isn't exactly impartial, been in the game for years, he is the guy who puts the UK cat population at 1000 mainly leopards BUT why does he need CGI or cardboard cutouts to promote his talks, why not a decent pic? As for the guests well, that last podcast the brit guy living in Canada starts chatting about 8-10 foot tall sasquatches wandering around ?

Screenshot_20221123_124802_com.google.android.googlequicksearchbox_edit_12934714714171.jpg

Screenshot_20221123_124753_com.google.android.googlequicksearchbox_edit_12905669420425.jpg

Screenshot_20221123_124749_com.google.android.googlequicksearchbox_edit_12886121371470.jpg

• Haha 1
6 hours ago, mackem said:

I think he NEEDS to believe,he isn't exactly impartial, been in the game for years, he is the guy who puts the UK cat population at 1000 mainly leopards BUT why does he need CGI or cardboard cutouts to promote his talks, why not a decent pic? As for the guests well, that last podcast the brit guy living in Canada starts chatting about 8-10 foot tall sasquatches wandering around ?

Screenshot_20221123_124802_com.google.android.googlequicksearchbox_edit_12934714714171.jpg

Screenshot_20221123_124753_com.google.android.googlequicksearchbox_edit_12905669420425.jpg

Screenshot_20221123_124749_com.google.android.googlequicksearchbox_edit_12886121371470.jpg

Watched a YouTube of big cats in britain video earlier, with two fellas, Carl and callum presenting it. 

They said Rick minter puts the number of big cats in britain at around 250, not 1000?!

Edited by shaaark
  • Like 1
19 minutes ago, shaaark said:

Watched a YouTube of big cats in britain video earlier, with two fellas, Carl and callum presenting it. 

They said Rick minter puts the number of big cats in britain at around 250, not 1000?!

He revised his figures earlier this year, breeding season, numbers are on the up, said its mainly leopards, small number of mountain lion, and if I remember correctly 5-10% lynx? 

NEWS-YAHOO-COM.CDN.AMPPROJECT.ORG

The United Kingdom has seen an uptick in the number of large cats being reported including...

30 minutes ago, shaaark said:

get off your arse and get everyone a pic shaark ? ?

• Haha 1
8 minutes ago, mackem said:

Take no notice of Carl and callum, they aren't big cat experts, Rick is the guy with his finger on the pulse. 

Screenshot_20221123_200653_com.android.chrome_edit_33180500416290.jpg

Didn't take too much notice of either of them really.

Both got up my nose from the start.

Can tell straight away when someone is trying to SHOVE their own opinion as 'fact' onto someone else, which is what was happening.

They both only looked late 20's, 30?  And it was obvious they both need to grow up.

14 minutes ago, mackem said:

Take no notice of Carl and callum, they aren't big cat experts, Rick is the guy with his finger on the pulse. 

Screenshot_20221123_200653_com.android.chrome_edit_33180500416290.jpg

That looks like a journalist's work. The word 'fierce' is just the sort of thing the1y will add for sensationalism.

5 minutes ago, Nicepix said:

That looks like a journalist's work. The word 'fierce' is just the sort of thing the1y will add for sensationalism.

I can't see journalist adding 1000,i actually have seen Rick Minter breaking the number down online somewhere mainly leopard, some mountain lion then added the % of lynx at the end. 

• Haha 1
11 minutes ago, shaaark said:

Didn't take too much notice of either of them really.

Both got up my nose from the start.

Can tell straight away when someone is trying to SHOVE their own opinion as 'fact' onto someone else, which is what was happening.

They both only looked late 20's, 30?  And it was obvious they both need to grow up.

Have you a link to that please? 

10 minutes ago, mackem said:

I can't see journalist adding 1000,i actually have seen Rick Minter breaking the number down online somewhere mainly leopard, some mountain lion then added the % of lynx at the end. 

I don't disagree with the claim of up to 1,000 by Minter. It is the way that quote is phrased that triggers my suspicion. Journalists are always twisting things. The word fierce is I think a journo's word. So I wonder if they might have amended a lower suggested estimate with a high ceiling of 1,000 with "up to "?

• paulus locked this topic