• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I will donate this camera to your cat hunting if you would like it  lumix fz72 60x zoom 

Was out for a walk with the dogs this morning, bumped into a fellow I sort of know through a lot of common interests we often stop for a chat,he hunts a bit and likes his old cars I have something for

Just re reading the whole thread and you’ve come under some real stick mate .Apologies for my part .Doesn’t mean I’m a believer just embarrassing some of the comments 

Posted Images

Trail cams are mint these days with superb night vision .Strange that as said ,the only pics taken are unidentifiable when pics of snow leopards are crisp and clear as well as jungle cars, one of the rarist in  the world .Even a small section of cat would be proof to me as cats coats are unmistakable being of a sheen not seen on other animals .

33 minutes ago, foxdropper said:

Trail cams are mint these days with superb night vision .Strange that as said ,the only pics taken are unidentifiable when pics of snow leopards are crisp and clear as well as jungle cars, one of the rarist in  the world .Even a small section of cat would be proof to me as cats coats are unmistakable being of a sheen not seen on other animals .

The one in the film is shining like foil in the early morning sun, it's just at a bad angle but you will certainly see the sheen on it and I agree with you about how good trail cameras are but they don't last long if they are out for 365 days a year, when I swap my cards I usually have at least one camera that's malfunctioned,spiderwebs and foliage will disable another it's also a lot of work and many people don't keep it up for long I bet there are more cameras out there with flat battery,s than functioning ones but I do think it will happen soon ?

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Greyman said:

it may be from a very expensive drone as they have the elimment of surprise time will tell 

They are loud,i spotted a roe deer in a field last week,flew the drone over for a closer look and the roe spooked and f****d off quick time.

• Like 1

Cougar attack in Washington kills 1 biker, injures another

One man is dead and another is injured after they were attacked by a cougar Saturday while mountain biking in Washington State, police said.

King County Sheriff’s spokesman Sgt. Ryan Abbott said the pair, whose identities haven't been released, were attacked while they were going for a mountain bike ride in North Bend, east of Seattle.

It is not clear if the victims were biking together or separately.

The 31-year-old survivor was taken to Harborview medical Center where he remains in serious condition, the hospital said in a statement. He was alert and was heard talking.

The second victim was found dead and, according to Abbott, had not been removed from the scene.

The cougar had been standing over the body of the victim when authorities arrived, KIRO reported.

The Washington Department of Fish and Game was tracking the animal down, which reportedly ran into the woods following the attack.

Police later confirmed that the cougar was found and “euthanized.”

A mountain biker was found dead with a cougar standing over him on a trail #NorthBend. @kingcosoPIO says a second biker was also hurt. Now they are warning hikers to stay away from the Tolt Reservoir/Hancock road area. Working to get more precise location. @KIRO7Seattle

I think I've mentioned it on here before ... we were in Canada up in the rockies and one of the lads had gone out for a run and a woman pulled up in a 4x4 and told him to get in ... he asked why and she pointed out a cougar in the tree line that was stalking him ......

• Like 4

I know it's something that people believe in different levels from not at all to definately, but last year I heard of several encounters in England were people were stalked by cats the best known one that made the papers was in woodchester park were a group of people got lost and were in the woods after dark, they claimed they were followed a good distance and saw the cat in the car lights when they finally made it to the carpark, one of the people in the group I,m involved in came to us after a simular encounter on his way to work on a pushbike early morning, it's changed his mind on the subject and now he,s like me out there searching the countryside for little clues fortunately there have,nt been any fatality,s yet as that would be a shit way to say I told you so and have a real negative affect on getting people to accept them being here?

3 hours ago, Dinosaurs said:

Why when the cougars are approaching them dont they chuck a few rocks at them or would that just antagonise them?  Atb

You don't usually know they're doing it if you're the intended target. It usually takes a third party that's got a different vantage point. They warn here about mountain biking in cat country as it can trigger flight/fight response in the cat.

I wouldn't bother with rocks. I want something by Glock or Mossberg.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Grey simply put if they were stalking people in UK, why is it that in other countries they have clear images/video but in UK there's nothing?

I call bollocks and I've seen my fair share of weird shit whilst lamping and traipsing across field, moor and wood!

Convince me with a clear image. Pm or email it me and I will swear to never share the image/video as it's your property ;)

• Thanks 1
7 hours ago, Greyman said:

I know it's something that people believe in different levels from not at all to definately, but last year I heard of several encounters in England were people were stalked by cats the best known one that made the papers was in woodchester park were a group of people got lost and were in the woods after dark, they claimed they were followed a good distance and saw the cat in the car lights when they finally made it to the carpark, one of the people in the group I,m involved in came to us after a simular encounter on his way to work on a pushbike early morning, it's changed his mind on the subject and now he,s like me out there searching the countryside for little clues fortunately there have,nt been any fatality,s yet as that would be a shit way to say I told you so and have a real negative affect on getting people to accept them being here?

So your saying one guy was stalked on 2 separate occasions? 

• paulus locked this topic
  • paulus unlocked this topic