• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I will donate this camera to your cat hunting if you would like it  lumix fz72 60x zoom 

Was out for a walk with the dogs this morning, bumped into a fellow I sort of know through a lot of common interests we often stop for a chat,he hunts a bit and likes his old cars I have something for

Just re reading the whole thread and you’ve come under some real stick mate .Apologies for my part .Doesn’t mean I’m a believer just embarrassing some of the comments 

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Saltmoon said:

Beast of bodmin down my way loads claim to have seen a big cat like creature. My mates mum swears blind that she seen one near ivybridge not far from plymouth. 

Very likely it's a good area, fordingbridge seems very active at the moment if that's near by ?

watched a vid to day on you tube  , it was called  black malinous  dog saves the owner life  . what happened  the bloke was walking his dog up in the mountains (usa) , when a mountain lion , jumped him from behind  , he turned round just in time, as the cat grabbed him, his dog the black  mal, piled  right into the cat . the bloke shouting etc , the cat ran got up a tree . the bloke  that, the cat would have killed his dog if left any longer with it and he said speed and power of the cat, could have killed him easy if he been on his own, the dog deff saved his life , it shows the cat up the tree . have a look , it looks  all gen , see what you lot think .?  either way if any big cat was loose in the  UK  , like the above cat , you think sombody by now would have been attacked , or a dog at least would have sented one   to a cave or tree etc .??   i reckon because of lack of conflict   with man or dogs, even just pet walkers,  and nobody having any probs with them, there not out there , there not even breeding , no dead old cats  ever found ?   nothing  .!! 

here you are  =

my dog saved my life... shocking battle belgian malinois vs. mountain ...

9 minutes ago, bird said:

watched a vid to day on you tube  , it was called  black malinous  dog saves the owner life  . what happened  the bloke was walking his dog up in the mountains (usa) , when a mountain lion , jumped him from behind  , he turned round just in time, as the cat grabbed him, his dog the black  mal, piled  right into the cat . the bloke shouting etc , the cat ran got up a tree . the bloke  that, the cat would have killed his dog if left any longer with it and he said speed and power of the cat, could have killed him easy if he been on his own, the dog deff saved his life , it shows the cat up the tree . have a look , it looks  all gen , see what you lot think .?  either way if any big cat was loose in the  UK  , like the above cat , you think sombody by now would have been attacked , or a dog at least would have sented one   to a cave or tree etc .??   i reckon because of lack of conflict   with man or dogs, even just pet walkers,  and nobody having any probs with them, there not out there , there not even breeding , no dead old cats  ever found ?   nothing  .!!

Tiny cat,looks like a kitten.

25 minutes ago, EDDIE B said:

The real mystery is, how come all the cctv/trailcam footage of so called evidence so poor in this day and age.

I run quite a few trail cameras all year round and even animals that are native to England can more often than not leave you with shit pictures out of ten pictures of deer you might get one that's any good, I got 10 wild polecats last year, I can see what they are and ID them by going through the film frame by frame but if I just put them up as they are you would be lucky to identify one so when your trying to catch something as rare and elusive as a big cat it's ten times harder, Chris Jones on here lives in America, no one would deny he has bobcats and puma near his home but can he produce a picture ? I believe he has been trying, it's not as easy as just sticking a camera on a tree on a run and waiting for the magic to happen a lot of things have to fall into place all at the right time,  and as that woman's footage shows not all cctv is of the highest quality either 

12 minutes ago, bird said:

here you are  =

It's strange that after such an epic battle the dog wasn't marked up, if the cat couldn't get it's teeth in then it certainly would have got it's claws in.

3 minutes ago, mackem said:

Tiny cat,looks like a kitten.

look again ?  look at its length   ok not a monster , but big enough to damage you easy   they can hit  8st - 13 st  , a 8st cat  from behind could kill you if it got your back of neck . 

A cat will normally attack a human like that if its young and dumb or old and poorly so may well have something wrong with it, there are also a few escaped or released pet puma,s out there that would act out of character as well not everything is as it first seems

9 minutes ago, Greyman said:

I run quite a few trail cameras all year round and even animals that are native to England can more often than not leave you with shit pictures out of ten pictures of deer you might get one that's any good, I got 10 wild polecats last year, I can see what they are and ID them by going through the film frame by frame but if I just put them up as they are you would be lucky to identify one so when your trying to catch something as rare and elusive as a big cat it's ten times harder, Chris Jones on here lives in America, no one would deny he has bobcats and puma near his home but can he produce a picture ? I believe he has been trying, it's not as easy as just sticking a camera on a tree on a run and waiting for the magic to happen a lot of things have to fall into place all at the right time,  and as that woman's footage shows not all cctv is of the highest quality either 

Greyman, i mentioned before, that im on the fence with this one. I aint saying their definitely not out there, because its certainly plausible that they are to me.

On the footage. Yes its true, not all footage from trail cams is clear, and you often only see a part of an animal, or a split second of an animal recorded etc. But, of all the footage collected over the years, (must be a fair bit now), there has been NO good or clear footage taken. Thats hard to believe. Say you have 100 video's of so called cats, and none of those are clear. Remove all the unclear footage, and all the wrongly identified footage evidence (mainly household moggies, video'd by idiots), and your left with nothing. 

This doesnt add up to me. 

• Thanks 1
9 minutes ago, EDDIE B said:

Greyman, i mentioned before, that im on the fence with this one. I aint saying their definitely not out there, because its certainly plausible that they are to me.

On the footage. Yes its true, not all footage from trail cams is clear, and you often only see a part of an animal, or a split second of an animal recorded etc. But, of all the footage collected over the years, (must be a fair bit now), there has been NO good or clear footage taken. Thats hard to believe. Say you have 100 video's of so called cats, and none of those are clear. Remove all the unclear footage, and all the wrongly identified footage evidence (mainly household moggies, video'd by idiots), and your left with nothing. 

This doesnt add up to me. 

Hopefully a film made by a member of our group will be available soon and in that there is a guy in Dorset (I think) who saw something he thought was a big cat,he went out and bought a trail camera put it up in the location and has got a crystal clear picture, unfortunetely the cat is walking away from the camera and is black  so what you see is the back end of a powerful looking black animal, it's got to be at the right angle travelling in the right direction and in the right light, I,ve also seen plenty of wild animals avoid trail cameras, it seems the longer you can leave them the better but sadly sometimes when you collect them they may have stopped working a day after you put them out, I try to leave mine for about a month before going back, I will probably collect the cameras I put out with Daniel Caine next week or the week after, I think the quality of the gear and the amount of people doing it a good picture is not to far off I think it may be from a very expensive drone as they have the elimment of surprise time will tell 

26 minutes ago, Greyman said:

That story is total bollacks and just a cheap advert for someone trying to sell dogs, come on ffs 

you prob right mate , thinking about it again, as been said on here , they no marks  on the dog   thats true, i know one thing my  big dog Buck   in counted   few  feral old tom cats , and these bloody things have ripped him up a bit around the head, 4 feet into him   ,, these things only 12 lb  he carry  dirty things back to me, i swear he looks for them lol  .  so yeh  a  cat 6-8st cat  deff would ripped the dog up.!!

• Like 1
  • paulus locked this topic
  • paulus unlocked this topic