Appleby For The Gorger

If you get good weather it's a cracking day ' weekend out ect.

Have a gander most years and never had bother.

Although the last few years it's got a bit silly and it seems only a matter of time before a innocent gets caught up in the sillyness.

Some one will pull a gun and

That's when the fair will get stopped.

Which would be a massive shame.

thats the one thing ive never really understood , they give it all the big bollocks on the net =youtube etc, going to bust each other up , and they will get killed fighting for there family names then they have daft fisty cuffs lol . yet anywhere else where there as been real disputes guns have been used. just look at gang warfare in the inner cities , that goes on all over the world , that started only because you live in a different street , so god knows what they do over bit of tarmacking lol

• Like 1

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Brilocreme ,vest,shiney shoes and trackie bottoms they be none the wiser pal-flat cap in your back pocket and the biggest gold chain you got you be right at home .atb dc

if I was you i would start steeping my hands in petril just in case it kicks off

Shout "shoite in a bucket" to people instead of good morning and you'll be sweet mate

If you get good weather it's a cracking day ' weekend out ect.

Have a gander most years and never had bother.

Although the last few years it's got a bit silly and it seems only a matter of time before a innocent gets caught up in the sillyness.

Some one will pull a gun and

That's when the fair will get stopped.

Which would be a massive shame.

it wont be long before these idiots ruin the traditional fairs that like minded people enjoy.

This was at the king of the road meet up...... yea have these fat gimps turning up with hachets knifes and bottles of ammonia ffs

they talk some Bolloxoligy....

Spent many a day on the hill,

My mother worked in Appleby when I was little and we used to go every year , haven't been much in the last decade

Was there when the horse drowned by the bridge and was a bit sickened by it

Well a lot of shite gets talked, there's as many gorgers as travellers there these days acting the part and as far as bother goes it's mainly th day trippers rather than the blokes on the camp

We never used to take the dogs, or any birds as it's just not worth the agg with the young 15 year olds grabbing their arses or telling you how their uncles good dog is better

But for a day out at a slice of history it's worth a crack

Be aware though it's busy getting in so go early and I'm not so sure now but you used to be able to go to the field and walk round the vardos and crack to the old girls about their derby

As for trouble, you haven't seen cozzers like it!!

• Like 2

A little funny story about Appleby

My mates motor was out of tax and it's not the place to be cutting about with no brief so we piled into my mates izuzu and landed about 11 into the fair, we parked and walked down to the square and en route , had a crack with some lads from Dumfries we know

One of our group wandered off to get some jars in and their was loads of wolf whistles and shouting

Eventually he came back, complete with the biggest Stetson hat you've ever seen

Seriously people were stopping to get their photo took with him ,

I said to him on the bridge you'll end up in bother with that hat on, you look like a ticking clown no later than that , a young lad on a trap chored it from his head much to the amusement of the crowd

Anyway as we headed back to the pub for a replen , my mate asked him why he'd bought it in the first place to the reply

"Well it's a horse fair innit, I wanted to fit in"

• Like 2

Me Don't bother no more going lots of non travellers go these days so don't worry enjoy it no one will care who's who

Cushty you live in a house don't you ??? ......