Cost/lurcher/year.

i read in the paper that the average dog costs there owner £2000 /year for a pet.i just tried working it out and i get a bag of food that lasts a month £20 and about £250 in the vets a year.i make that about £490 a year.what am i missing.?

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

ive got short arms and deep pockets,,,,i like my dogs to be in profit,,,or im "sweating like a blind lesbian in a grimsby fish market"

Some of the replies to this post are f****d up as shit next were be hearing of up An coming lurcher lads/lasses neglecting there duties of care to there dogs once there dogs have had bad injuries just

if you get a knock on the door,having a good record at the vets could be the difference between getting your dog back or not.

Seems a bit of a high example to me even if you did a top end workup

Monthly

Sack of James wellbeloved £50

Lifetime insurance policy £50

Toys / treats / bedding £25

Annual

Boosters £40

Random problem dealt with by vets / insurance £80 excess.

That still only comes to £1620 a year but I suppose if you factor in 3 or 4 grooms a year at £60 odd for a designer breed or a mongrel with a stupid name (usually containing 'oodle' in it) then you won't be too far off.

You may also have a couple of weeks of kennelling to pay for if you go away on holiday

Some people are also paying up to £10 ish a day for dog walkers Monday to Friday while they are at work. This is going to cost them nearly £2 - £2.5k alone!

Typically, I'm paying £45 a month to feed 3 (£540)

Vets bills probably total no more than £250 - £300 between them unless something really bad happens

Never need to kennel mine if I'm away as family look after them, but let's call it another £60 a year in beers / whisky.

With l that, mine probably work out to about £300 a year each as an average.

• Like 1

Funk that. Get meat from the knackery 20a week. Does my pack. Only have vets bills occasionally. I keep 12 hound types. Beagle/foxhound etc. I keep the dogs wormed and can pick up sheep dip handy. So some them prices are madness

• Like 2

ive got short arms and deep pockets,,,,i like my dogs to be in profit,,,or im "sweating like a blind lesbian in a grimsby fish market"

:laugh:

:o !! SITE RULES, NO RACISM, SEXISM or DISABLITYISM!! :no: ...................... :laugh::thumbs:

Edited by shaaark

I know people who spend a lot more than that, vet checks monthly, every worming, vaccine and medication known to man, the most expensive dry food, shampoos, vitamins, etc. If you add in pet grooming, toys, outfits for dress ups and and God only knows what other meaningless crap people spend on their dogs the bills can be extremely high. I feed my dogs raw which costs me feck all just a bit of time preparing, the odd worm tablet and that is it for me. If you include diesel and vet bills that is another story.

• Like 1

i dont give a damn how much it costs a day or a year,to keep my 2 dogs,they are not pampered or spoilt but are out and out working dogs, idont smoke or hardly drink these days,the dogs are worth there weight in gold to me and cost doesnt come into it, always try and put abit aside evey week to help out with vet fees bit of extra dog food,not a wealthy man by any standards,would go without myself, to look after my dogs welfare.

• Like 4

Quid a day to to feed 2 mutts (barf) then whatever other bits they have including sardines and stuff.

Then the vets who book a holiday every time I walk in! Lol

Just kidding , my vets are reasonable and just let you drop the cash in when you're passing.

Matt

• Like 1