My Grandad was Grand Master at the oldest lodge in London im told, I think its the one of off Drury Lane, I worked literaly a few doors down a fair bit at the Connaught rooms, always felt drawn to the front of the lodge, link to my grandad? or the art deco building or the craft! I never ever went in, didnt realise you could. But when im in town I will.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just witnessed this bloke give a funny hand shake and get off with a parking ticket  

I think masonry went through a phase in the 70's-80's where it was massive. But as it grew it evolved into something it hadn't been for 500 plus years. They bought big masonic halls, had committees an

.....she's still doing her hair ffs!   The masons is really just a grown mans dining club. They do massive amounts for charity. My lodge meets once a month and we raise a lump sum each time we do me

Posted Images

On 05/01/2018 at 17:04, pesky1972 said:

Not as far as I can see. I'm no expert on either the armed forces oath of allegiance or the masonic oath..., perhaps you are and can enlighten me brother ? ?

Of what I know the forces oath requires commitment to HMQ etc. I think the masonic oath requires that a freemason swear to extend assistance to a brother in all circumstance with exception of only murder and treason.

If that is correct, would you agree that there could be a conflict of interest between freemasonry and justice..., especially, if as is widely suspected, many people from the top to bottom of the judiscial system are masons? Genuine question. 

Masonic oath dosnt require you to extend help with exception of treason and murder. To be honest I can't really remember the exact wording and I doubt many others can either......the law of the land trumps any oath. Iv met loads of masons but no serving police.....our lodge has a few retired police but they are self obsessed picks, I doubt they would help me with anything. 

On 05/01/2018 at 13:59, pesky1972 said:

Wasn't Savile a freemason? So many coppers are in the craft that it might explain why he never got pulled.

Not saying that freemasonry is evil, but like many institutions or organisations, it may harbour dark secrets. And any organisation which requires members to swear loyalty to other members, even if that trumps professional, social and even legal obligations, then for me that is a fundamental problem.

Personally I can't see anyone's being a Mason helping them legally or avoid prosecution. You meet people and either get on and help each other or you don't. I'd go to the ends of the earth to help some people iv met from all walks of life....there are masons I wouldn't piss on if they were on fire...... 'oaths' made out of tradition don't mean shit. 

I don't really like many people in my lodge.....over Christmas I went to visit a different lodge and I get on with them brilliantly, most of em shoot and fish. Masonic lodges just mirror normal life, you meet people and either gel or don't. Just like any other group. With all the side groups and social events it's good fun linked by some of the worlds oldest traditions and ritual. Iv joined a masonic group that takes disabled kids fishing. 

It's all good fun. Maybe when I get to level 92 I'll get told secrets that those with no masonic experience seem to learn on conspiracy websites ??

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, DIDO.1 said:

Masonic oath dosnt require you to extend help with exception of treason and murder. To be honest I can't really remember the exact wording and I doubt many others can either......the law of the land trumps any oath. Iv met loads of masons but no serving police.....our lodge has a few retired police but they are self obsessed picks, I doubt they would help me with anything. 

Personally I can't see anyone's being a Mason helping them legally or avoid prosecution. You meet people and either get on and help each other or you don't. I'd go to the ends of the earth to help some people iv met from all walks of life....there are masons I wouldn't piss on if they were on fire...... 'oaths' made out of tradition don't mean shit. 

I don't really like many people in my lodge.....over Christmas I went to visit a different lodge and I get on with them brilliantly, most of em shoot and fish. Masonic lodges just mirror normal life, you meet people and either gel or don't. Just like any other group. With all the side groups and social events it's good fun linked by some of the worlds oldest traditions and ritual. Iv joined a masonic group that takes disabled kids fishing. 

It's all good fun. Maybe when I get to level 92 I'll get told secrets that those with no masonic experience seem to learn on conspiracy websites ??

Dido do you know of ablert pike then?

Not something that has ever really interested me and as for the whole secret handshakes getting them out of trouble thing well I'm sure it goes on sometimes but it's no different to all "old boys clubs" etc, get the right judge and wearing the right type of old school tie to court will get you out of trouble too I'm sure!

One thing I will say though is all the Masons I've known have been the most stand up individuals you could hope to meet. Decent men in their day to day lives and they do a feck load for charity through their lodges. Now whether that's down to them being Masons or not I couldn't say but it seems to be a common thread through all the ones I've known.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
34 minutes ago, DIDO.1 said:

No, I'll Google it when iv nothing better to do

He was a general in the confederate army in america, captured then pardoned by the president at that time, think it was eisenhower, it worked for him lol

On 1/5/2018 at 07:39, scothunter said:

So the armed forces is a fundamental problem then?

Hardly but it does reinforce the point that certain fraternities stick together out of mutual loyalty above all else. Like with most of these organisations they're for the most decent people in a network but in some quarters they're absolutely above criticism and it's exactly this kind of loyalty that is called into scrutiny when these crimes come out. Wrong uns work their way through all the cracks in society but why should they get a free pass just because they're in a popular group?

• Like 1
16 minutes ago, ChrisJones said:

Hardly but it does reinforce the point that certain fraternities stick together out of mutual loyalty above all else. Like with most of these organisations they're for the most decent people in a network but in some quarters they're absolutely above criticism and it's exactly this kind of loyalty that is called into scrutiny when these crimes come out. Wrong uns work their way through all the cracks in society but why should they get a free pass just because they're in a popular group?

But you need proof that has happened......beyond YouTube conspiracy shite. More crimes are organised and facilitated via contacts made in prison than the fckin masons 

• Thanks 1
24 minutes ago, DIDO.1 said:

But you need proof that has happened......beyond YouTube conspiracy shite. More crimes are organised and facilitated via contacts made in prison than the fckin masons 

Couldn't give a shit about the masons exactly because of all the conspiracy shit and you should know how I feel about conspiracy theories by now! :laugh:

I was referring to other organisations that cover up crimes within their own ranks because they're in their own ranks. Several churches, the police, and the MOD, to name just three. Where you have sworn loyalty you'll have those that will take it literally. I'll agree that you need the evidence but there are a lot on here that won't let the truth ruin a good story!